Resignation

Tomb

TNPer
I hereby render my resignation to the Regional Assembly effective immediately.

I have received a really disturbing telegram regarding all these recent incidents, and in the light of the information I received, which I have no intention to disclose, I hereby resign as Delegate of The North Pacific.

~ Tomb

I, ah, see. :tb1:

I won't ask the obvious question, as you've said you won't answer it.

I will definitely wish you the best, in everything. :hug:

How. Dare. You. How dare you! You are[ most emphatically not allowed to resign.

I move to recall the delegate for resigning. Oh wait...

Good luck with your future endeavors, Tomb. :)

While I will not pretend to have not disagreed with you fundamentally during your term as delegate, I am never okay with people sending disturbing telegrams or pressuring someone to quit in this manner.

I hope everything is okay with you.

Funkadelia:
While I will not pretend to have not disagreed with you fundamentally during your term as delegate, I am never okay with people sending disturbing telegrams or pressuring someone to quit in this manner.

I hope everything is okay with you.
I was about to post exactly the same sentiment.

Well, I'm sure some of the vultures will be happy.

I'm not, however.

I am more worried about what that telegram contained, and why you felt the need to resign. Whatever it says, it can be dealt with and handled. Threats? Blackmail? Some people go too far in this game, and you wouldn't be alone in dealing with it, not when you look at the huge community that is TNP. I wish you'd spoken to someone, or at least me to tell me what you were considering or had received, if only so we could have tried to help you.

Good luck Tomb. You have done great, and all the luck in the future.

This is very disturbing. I am new here and so far there has been quite a few things I do not like.

Whatever happened, you didn't deserve it. I know some people have voiced their displeasure over your recent actions, but I know that you did all you have done because you believed it was in the best interest of TNP. Now, was it? Of course some people will disagree. I am really sad that some people were able to successfully impose their hatred upon you to the point where you had to do this. That should never happen. Whatever happened, whoever did it, know that I support you, and I'm sure the rest of TNP does, too.

Suspicious. Someone's conducting blackmail. We need to investigate this. Perhaps an interrogation would be in order?

Lord Ravenclaw:
I am more worried about what that telegram contained, and why you felt the need to resign. Whatever it says, it can be dealt with and handled. Threats? Blackmail? Some people go too far in this game, and you wouldn't be alone in dealing with it, not when you look at the huge community that is TNP. I wish you'd spoken to someone, or at least me to tell me what you were considering or had received, if only so we could have tried to help you.
Yes, absolutely this.

Suspicious. Someone's conducting blackmail. We need to investigate this. Perhaps an interrogation would be in order?
Yes, we will enact the cruelest enhanced interrogation technique possible--we will make them read your RP attempts. :w00t:

edit: :shifty:

Sorry to hear about whatever disturbing telegram you've received. The proper way to go about disagreements is to handle them through the proper channels, and while obviously I'm not sorry to see you leave office as I was trying to recall you, I'm sorry to see it happen under such troubling circumstances.

Be well.

I can just imagine the headline of the next issue of the Rejected Realms, Tomb's Delegacy buried.

I am very sad to see you leave as Delegate.

Democratic Donkeys:
Yes, we will enact the cruelest torture possible--we will make them read your RP attempts. :w00t:
cDIFz.png

Trust me, I'm a medic.

I am shocked and greatly saddened by this news. I greatly admire anyone willing to be the regional delegate. I hate to hear that someone has forced you into resigning and I wish that we could know the contents of the telegrams; however, I do know that you have already stated that you would not disclose that information; therefore, I wish you the best in your future endeavors and wish to express my saddness with the entire situation.

Perhaps it's just cause I'm in a crappy/stressed out mood, but my sympathy lies more with TNP than with a delegate who resigns immediately after gaining office.

If you haven't done anything wrong than you can't be blackmailed as people have suggested. Pretty sure we've all heard accusations before, true and false, and are reasonably capable of dealing with them. Real Life problems, especially unexpected ones, are understandable, but a telegram from someone shouldn't cause you to vacate your office if you were committed to leading TNP.

Former English Colony:
Perhaps it's just cause I'm in a crappy/stressed out mood, but my sympathy lies more with TNP than with a delegate who resigns immediately after gaining office.

If you haven't done anything wrong than you can't be blackmailed as people have suggested. Pretty sure we've all heard accusations before, true and false, and are reasonably capable of dealing with them. Real Life problems, especially unexpected ones, are understandable, but a telegram from someone shouldn't cause you to vacate your office if you were committed to leading TNP.
Unless it was malign blackmail, which I adamantly believe it is.

Syrixia:
Former English Colony:

Unless it was malign blackmail, which I adamantly believe it is.
You can adamantly believe all you want, but all this has done is to foster accusations and conspiracy theories, which is no good for TNP.

Back