[Complete][SC] At Vote: Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SCR#164 | Proposed by: Luke the Drifter | Resolution link | World Assembly forum thread

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #164: Liberate The Mountains to the East shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing The Mountains to The East as a peaceful non-hostile community,

Angered The Mountains to The East was invaded by an aggressive multiregional force which assumed the delegacy, and placed a secret password in place, whilst simultaneously beginning to suppress native dissidence,

Shocked that the nation of The Zombie Apocalypse of Sadko, was able to hold the delegacy for over two months, and was able to accumulate sufficient influence to completely empty the region of nations,

Commending the efforts by Spiritus, The United Defenders League and others in liberating the region from The Black Riders, this returning some semblance of normalcy to the region so ravaged by invading forces,

Noting the regional natives desire to secure the region under their own control,

Aware that Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East." while removing the secret password put in place by Sadko, also restricts the natives ability to secure the region under their own control,

Believing Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East." has served it's ultimate goal of allowing the natives to return to their homeland,

Hereby repeals Security Council Resolution #164, "Liberate the Mountains to the East."

This thread is for both discussion and voting.

When voting, please use one of the following options: For | Against | Abstain | Present

"Abstain" means that you wish for the Delegate to not vote on the resolution at all.
"Present" means that you effectively choose not to participate in this vote. "Present" has no effect on how the Delegate votes.

Posts which do not include an explicit and unambiguous vote are not counted in the tally.

Note that the forum link is for a different draft and by a different author, but for the repeal of the same resolution. There isn't yet a discussion of the draft at vote.

I am voting Against. The region is still vulnerable, especially given the continued presence within the region of a high-influence nation (currently can't be ejected) that had previously done multiple ejections. It is also not clear that there is native support for the repeal, with the exception of Redsward, the author of the contentious alternative draft.

Against.

In fact I anticipated the Ministry was gonna say the same and I have already cast my official WA vote.

Why would you remove a way for natives to repel raiders by password-proofing (no-passwording, aka liberating) the region? If a delegate from a raider region cannot password-lock the region, the natives still have a chance of coming in, along with other regional armies, and overthrowing the raider delegate. Last I checked the region was still under TBR control; so the region still needs help.

For.

EDIT:

Syrixia:
Last I checked the region was still under TBR control; so the region still needs help.

Currently the delegacy is controlled by liberators; they are accruing enough influence to eject the former raider delegate from the region.

At the current level of endorsements, it will take the defender forces more than a month before the have enough influence to eject the former raider delegate.

When that happens, I would support the repeal. Currently, it is both premature and dangerous.

Agreed, though I didn't know TBR doesn't control the region anymore.

Still, that fact doesn't change much.

I thought I had already voted, but I vote against, basically for all the reasons highlighted in the IFV.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back