Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vice Delegate's Desk; For dialogue between the Vice Delegate and the Public
Topic Started: Dec 4 2014, 05:38 PM (2,388 Views)
Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

Welcome to the Vice Delegate's Desk! This thread will be used by the Vice Delegate to keep the public up to date on:
  • Changes to the SC roster
  • Changes to the order of succession
  • SC voting results
  • Other official actions by the Vice Delegate
Comment below if you have any questions or comments for the Vice Delegate! Sensitive information should be sent to the Vice Delegate directly by private message. The current Vice Delegate is Siwale.

Links
SC Removal/Suspension Notifications
Notifications to the Regional Assembly regarding removals and suspensions of Security Councillors
Security Council Roster
This page is maintained by the Vice Delegate and gives up-to-date information on the members of the SC and the order of succession.
TNP Constitution, Article 6
Article dealing with the SC
TNP Legal Code, Chapter 5
Regional Security Law
SC Procedure
Adopted by the Security Council for its own governance.
SC Records
This page gives historical data on endorsement and influence levels up to the present day.
SC Alerts
Monitor various aspects of regional security and view current messages from the Security Council.
Edited by Siwale, Jan 19 2018, 02:47 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PaulWallLibertarian42
Member Avatar
North Pacific Army LTN/Chief Of Staff

When do you plan on unveling the Vice Delegate MoRS seal? And how awesome is it going to be?
CURRENT AND FORMER REGIONAL POSITIONS: click to toggle

MILITARY SERVICE, RANK, AWARDS, AND RIBBONS: Click to toggle

REGIONAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL SPONSORSHIP RECORD: Click to toggle

Zombie Apocalypse 2014 awards

Constibillocode

Executive Staff Membership(s)
Posted Image

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Helpful LinksLegal Reference
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules
Speaker's Standing Procedures

PaulWallLibertarian42
Member Avatar

Looking forward to its unveling.

Constibillocode

Posted Image

SillyString
Member Avatar
inFECted

Mr. Vice Delegate, I would like to report a very worrying telegram I received recently!
General COE

Hi there, SillyString!

You can call me COE, and as you might have heard, I'm the new Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. My job is to keep our region safe from security threats to the delegate, and to take the reins if anything should happen to him. To do that, I will need to have the second-highest number of endorsements in the region. Right now I'm just shy of 300, and I need 500 to be effective in my duties as Vice Delegate. That's a big gap!

You can help by giving my your endorsement. Just click on my nation name, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Endorse General COE. Do your part to keep our region safe!

I always return endorsements, so if you haven't received an endorsement from me yet, I will definitely endorse you back when I receive your endorsement. If you have any questions for me, please reply to this telegram - I love hearing from TNP nations. I'll also be doing an Ask-Me-Anything, reddit style, on the forum and the RMB later this week. Hope to hear from you!

Regards,
COE

I have discovered that this dangerous individual is none other than a high ranking member of The Black Hawks, and I am sure their attempts to tart within TNP can be nothing but sinister and dangerous to our fair home. I urge you, from one loyal citizen to another, to take whatever steps are necessary to combat this cunning, infiltrating imposter.

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

I will start an immediate investigation into this..."COE" :ph34r:
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

PaulWallLibertarian42
Member Avatar

Im concerned about this, this is akin to Eric Holder saying he would investigate himself, I feel the Vice Delegate should allow the Delegate to appoint a special investigator. Thoughts? Why or why isnt this a good idea? Is there any constiutional basis that would prevent this? Can the Security Council thrwart a rogue Vice Delegate and Security Council Chair?

Constibillocode

Posted Image

Great Bights Mum
Member Avatar
Grande Dame

Yes. In the SC, thwarting is Job One.
"Lest this is lost amid the asshattery..." -Flemingovia

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

PaulWallLibertarian42
Dec 4 2014, 05:53 PM
Im concerned about this, this is akin to Eric Holder saying he would investigate himself, I feel the Vice Delegate should allow the Delegate to appoint a special investigator. Thoughts? Why or why isnt this a good idea? Is there any constiutional basis that would prevent this? Can the Security Council thrwart a rogue Vice Delegate and Security Council Chair?
SHH!
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

The Security Council has approved the application of HMS Unicorn. The results may be found here. A thread will be opened in the RA shortly.
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

Lord Nwahs
Member Avatar
Olvern, not-Meerkat, going PINK

Can we coup yet?
Democracy in Action - Become a Citizen, participate in the Regional Assembly!
Serve your Region, Join the Executive Staff!

Positions Holding/Held

apparently the unholy trio
r3n hates skype
a world without jb

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageJoin The New Party! Much lols be had!

SillyString
Member Avatar
inFECted

I am glad to see the Vice Delegate taking this threat seriously. :w00t: It really restores my faith in government!

Romanoffia
Member Avatar
De oculo morali

Crushing Our Enemies
Dec 4 2014, 06:02 PM
PaulWallLibertarian42
Dec 4 2014, 05:53 PM
SHH!
To know thyself is the ultimate form of aggression. To investigate one's self takes that aggression to a higher level. :P :lol:

Posted Image Posted Image

MINISTRY OF CHEESE - Quod oligarchia sumus. Caseum sumus.

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

A few recent changes to the SC Roster:

~I have deleted Kiwi and Ator following their vacancies
~I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

Crushing Our Enemies
Dec 10 2014, 12:32 AM
I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.
It has come to my attention that this was in error, as r3n has not posted his oath of office.

:boom
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

Grosseschnauzer
Member Avatar
Perpetual TNP Patriot

Crushing Our Enemies
Dec 17 2014, 05:58 PM
Crushing Our Enemies
Dec 10 2014, 12:32 AM
I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.
It has come to my attention that this was in error, as r3n has not posted his oath of office.

:boom
Again?

Maybe his subconscious is trying to tell him something. :tb3:
Grosseschnauzer, MKOG (Ret.)
Member of The TNP Security Council

Forum Administrator

Retired Delegate, The North Pacific[/size]
Two Term Retired Vice Delegate of The North Pacific
Two-Time Retired Speaker of the Regional Assembly
Three-Time Retired Chief Justice and a former Justice of the Court of The North Pacific
Former Attorney General of The North Pacific

Master Knight, Order Of Gryphons (Retired)

Member, Old Guard
Sponsor of record, Resolution 90 (Tsunami Warning System)

Crushing Our Enemies
Member Avatar

Mr. Vice Delegate, I hereby resign from the Security Council. While I remain steadfastly committed to the safety and security of The North Pacific, I have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from government service, which includes the council.
Posted Image
Apply for Citizenship
Changes in TNP Nation
Leaves of Absense
How a Bill Becomes a Law
RA Voting History Tool
Constitution
Legal Code
Bill of Rights
Regional Assembly Rules

Bootsie
Member Avatar

Crushing Our Enemies
Jan 13 2016, 02:46 AM
Mr. Vice Delegate, I hereby resign from the Security Council. While I remain steadfastly committed to the safety and security of The North Pacific, I have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from government service, which includes the council.
Thank you for the notification and service, COE. I will update the roster accordingly when I get the chance.

SillyString
Member Avatar
inFECted

FEC's removal should also be announced to the RA, as she has not logged on in (well over) 14 days. :( I am silly.
Edited by SillyString, Jan 13 2016, 03:36 AM.

Zyvetskistaahn

Mr Vice Delegate, I believe that this post requires updating to reflect the amended minimums in the security law, namely a new minimum spdr of 330, rank of Apprentice or higher, and 300 endorsements.
Government Official of TNP, By Order of the Lord High Inquisitor.

Chief Justice. Formerly, the Speaker; dictatorial, arbitrary and capricious.

Actually not a Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.

It's "Constibillocode" not "Constibillicode".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Security Council · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive