[Complete][GA] At Vote: Anti-Counterfeiting Pact

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Anti-Counterfeiting Pact

Category: International Security | Strength: Mild | Proposed by: Separatist Peoples | Resolution link | World Assembly forum thread

Description: Recognizing the negative impact of counterfeit currency operations on nations;

Realizing such actions not only degrade value of and trust in legitimate currency within nations, but also obstruct free trade and damage relations between economic partners;

Determined to protect commerce between nations and foster international goodwill;

Whereas the term legal tender shall be defined as a medium of exchange recognized by a nation or other assigned political division as valid for meeting a financial obligation;

The World Assembly thusly resolves:

1. Except in the case of declared war, member states are henceforth required to outlaw the counterfeiting, and associated commission of counterfeiting, of foreign currency with the intention of releasing it as legal tender into the market to devalue currency or otherwise defraud another member state.

2. Member states in a declared state of war are exempt only to counterfeit the legal tender of those entities with whom a state of declared war exists.

3. The World Assembly Numismatics Authority (WANA) shall be re-established and tasked with creating an investigative framework for the screening, detection, and source-tracking for counterfeit tender. The WANA shall liaise with relevant member state authorities to investigate, coordinate, and disseminate information on both state- and non-state-sanctioned counterfeiting operations.

4. The WANA shall inspect the minting facilities of member states for illicit counterfeiting operations either on request or if there is credible evidence to suggest such an operation’s existence, and issue nonbinding evaluations of a member state’s anti-counterfeiting security.

5. Member states shall take all necessary steps to suppress counterfeiting operations in their jurisdiction, and shall promptly notify both the WANA and the entity whose tender is being counterfeited of such incidents.

6. Member states will cooperate with WANA investigations to the fullest extent practicable, including maintaining a single point of contact with the WANA.

7. Member states are required to prosecute those individuals violating the provisions set forth in this law to the same degree that they would prosecute those involved in a comparable domestic counterfeiting operation.

8. Non-member states voluntarily complying with the responsibilities set forth shall be entitled to equal access to this law’s protections and benefits. Member states shall make no distinction between WANA-compliant non-member states and member states in regard to the provisions set forth in this law, except as required by extant legislation.
Please vote: For | Against | Abstain | Present

"Abstain" means that you wish for the Delegate to not vote on the resolution at all.
"Present" means that you effectively choose not to participate in this vote. "Present" has no effect on how the Delegate votes.

Posts which do not include an explicit and unambiguous vote are not counted in the tally.

This is likely to reach quorum before the upcoming minor. Otherwise, it'll probably go to vote in the next major.

I like this proposal, written by our Deputy Minister Separatist Peoples. I know he's put a lot of effort into it. I vote For.

So, for the recommendation, I obviously think we ought to encourage TNP to vote for. :P

As author, I'm biased, but I think its important to point out to voters that, while nations are unable to counterfeit, they receive both protection from other nations' counterfeiting, as well as support from the WANA in improving their security as well as stopping counterfeiting operations that harm their nations.

Its also important to point out to our more war-mongering friends out there that this ban on counterfeiting is lifted for times of war, which allows a valuable tool of warfare to be available.

agreed, good, okay, amen, yea, fine, affirmative, all right, aye, certainly, definitely, exactly, gladly, granted, indubitably, naturally, of course, positively, precisely, sure thing, surely, undoubtedly, unquestionably, willingly, true, beyond a doubt, by all means, even so, good enough, just so, most assuredly, very well, without fail, yep

IOW, I'm voting "For".

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back