Nominations for: TNP NATION NAME

Malvad

TNPer
moce-seal.png

The Ministry of Culture Presents...
Regional Identity Crisis...Part 2!
Nominations for TNP Nation Name

Ladies and gentlemen, the Culture Ministry is proud to present the final installment of Regional Identity Crisis. This week we will decide the name of a nation to represent all of The North Pacific. This new nation will be created and maintained by the Culture Ministry and shall represent the identity created during the Regional Identity Crisis. So let's name a nation!

Nominations will be open until October 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM EST and as always each nation gets one nomination.

(To clarify, we are creating a new nation. So we need a name for it.)

Nominations:
Eubalaena
The Northern Light
The Constibillicode
North Pacifican Nations
Hat land
Great New Charlzilla
Narcissistic Peoples

I think this one is a really hard on for nominations, since I know of at least 3 people who really fit this category!
However, I will go ahead and nominate r3naissanc3r.

~ Tomb

Oh! To clarify we are creating a new nation to represent TNP. So we need name ideas. Sorry Tomb! :P

Malvad:
Oh! To clarify we are creating a new nation to represent TNP. So we need name ideas. Sorry Tomb! :P
Oh, lol. :lol:
Thanks Malvad for clarifying.
That makes more sense!
And it is partially my fault since I was reading this from my phone at a traffic light...

Anyways, I think a name that I'd like to nominate for it is The Northern Light, naming it after our newspaper (and it sounds very inspiring) :p

~ Tomb

~North Pacifican Nations~

After we get +500m population we can name it "The Capitol of North Pacifican Nations", "The Assembly of North Pacifican Nations" or "The nudist party of North Pacifican Nations"... or whatever.

I started an identical cultural program to this in Osiris, specifically in regards to creating a nation which quintessentially represents the region in question. It'll be cool to see how a North Pacifican nation will compare to the nation to be created in Osiris!

How about: "Hat land". -- I like hats, even if nobody else does. I'm looking at you!

Or: "Caekland". -- I like caek too.: Oh, only allowed one nomination. :ADN:

Bumping this old thread: Vote in this poll!

As you may have seen in the news, it is now possible to recapitalize nation names.

This give us the opportunity, two years after we adopted The northern light as the official regional nation, to revisit its name's capitalization.

The current version (same as the one linked in the previous sentence) was the unintended consequence of my using a script to found the nation. The script automatically converted all names to lower-case strings, so after I founded the nation, we were stuck with it.

Given how we selected the name The northern light in the first place, it seemed appropriate to also use a regional poll to select the capitalization. Praetor has set up this poll for this purpose. It will remain open for three days, so make sure to vote!

I've wanted this for years, but I've always thought it'd be too trivial and somewhat dickish to randomly suggest it. :P

Funny thing is, I never even noticed it before. But once r3naissanc3r pointed it out, I couldn't help but notice. It looks much better with the capitalization.

Back