[Complete]At Vote: Liberate Coalition Of Freedom [Complete]

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Liberate Coalition Of Freedom

Category: Liberation | Region: Coalition Of Freedom | Proposed by: Cormac A Stark | Resolution link | World Assembly forum thread

Description: The Security Council,

Recognizing that Coalition of Freedom was recently invaded by a coalition of invaders including The Black Riders, Sicarius, and Madrigal;

Noting that The Black Riders have been condemned by this Council for their grievous crimes against interregional peace and goodwill;

Observing that these actions have been taken against Coalition of Freedom because the region has taken military action against The Black Riders in the past;

Recalling that Coalition of Freedom was placed under the authority of The Eternal Knights after its Founder nation ceased to exist, and that the regional population of Coalition of Freedom has begun the process of merging with The Eternal Knights;

Asserting that the fate of Coalition of Freedom should be left to the regional community of Coalition of Freedom and The Eternal Knights, whom they have entrusted with their security;

Insisting that this Council should be proactive in defeating operations by The Black Riders whenever possible in order to curb their negative impact on interregional peace and goodwill:

Hereby Liberates Coalition of Freedom.
Please vote: For | Against | Abstain | Present

"Abstain" means that you wish for the Delegate to not vote on the resolution at all.
"Present" means that you effectively choose not to participate in this vote. "Present" has no effect on how the Delegate votes.

Posts which do not include an explicit and unambiguous vote are not counted in the tally.

Ministry vote recommendation: Against

Ministry Review
Written by HMS Unicorn

The text of the liberation proposal contains a number of serious inaccuracies. The region was not taken by The Black Riders as the resolution claims, and in fact there was no operation lead by The Black Riders at all. The region was actually taken by a former founding member of it, the Leningrad Union, who then requested assistance by a few military groups, including The Black Riders, to secure it. The intent of Leningrad Union was to protect the region with a password, something which the previous delegate and founder had also expressed support for.

In addition to the above, the region that is being targetted for liberation had long been abandoned by most of its natives, who had decided to merge into the separate region of The Eternal Knights. Those remaining natives are being represented by the Leningrad Union, and have declared their intention to protect the region with a password. Therefore, the resolution goes against the intent of the remaining native community in the region.

flemingovia:
Why are people against this? the wording is a bit clumsy, but am i missing some political nuance here?
Against.

And yes, I think there are some political nuances you are missing. From what I can tell from the WASC forums, the region being liberated was to be entirely abandoned as all active members were being merged into The Eternal Knights. The founder's successor and former delegate said himself that he didn't care about it. A lot of people have theorized that the author is simply using this to stall a much more meaningful liberation of Canada. A lot of this is speculation (with a touch of bias as well), so take it with a grain of salt, but I am inclined to believe that this is the actual situation.

Sasten:
flemingovia:
Why are people against this? the wording is a bit clumsy, but am i missing some political nuance here?
Against.

And yes, I think there are some political nuances you are missing. From what I can tell from the WASC forums, the region being liberated was to be entirely abandoned as all active members were being merged into The Eternal Knights. The founder's successor and former delegate said himself that he didn't care about it. A lot of people have theorized that the author is simply using this to stall a much more meaningful liberation of Canada. A lot of this is speculation (with a touch of bias as well), so take it with a grain of salt, but I am inclined to believe that this is the actual situation.
Nah, Cormac is trying to flood the queue to stall Lib Canada, you're right.

This resolution's thread on the WA forums is pretty much overflowing with bovine feces from all sides, to the point that I wouldn't go back there without a full hazmat suit and stilts. I'm still convinced its just deliberate queue-flooding though.

May I also suggest that the title of this thread be changed from "In Queue" to "At Vote", in order to accurately reflect the status of this proposal?

Tano:
Nah, Cormac is trying to flood the queue to stall Lib Canada, you're right.
Just to respond to this bit of baseless slander: As the Delegate of one of the regions supporting the occupation of Canada, I knew in advance when it would end. That is to say, I knew that no liberation resolution would actually be needed. I wasn't trying to stall one.

Of course it's much more convenient to not only make baseless assumptions but to share them with the world as established fact. Thanks, Tano. o7

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back