-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
G0nNSvG.jpg

The North Pacific Tennis Tour​

Welcome to the TNP Tennis Tour.

The TNP Tour will feature a number of tournaments across three surfaces in the season. Each player will enter each of the tournaments and attempt to win matches to improve their rankings.

For each match, players will be asked to submit a game plan. They must divide 200 points across the 13 games that make up each set of a three set match. The player get 10 extra points per set if they are playing on their favourite surface. I will encourage everyone to prepare default game plans that I can use.

The player that commits more points to the game, wins that particular game. For example, if Player 1 is playing Player 2 and they submit their sets as such:

Player 1: 15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-7-11-32
Player 2: 16-14-17-13-16-14-14-16-11-19-6-10-34

Player 1 wins the set 7-5 and the final game is ignored.

When sending in points, you must split your 200 points into three sets.

Example:
Set 1: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
Set 2: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
Set 3: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

I'll try to explain more as we move along.

Player Name:
Handed: Right/Left

Favourite Surface: Grass/Hard/Clay

General Idea of Their Game: To make it more fun for me to write, how do they play on the court? Big serve and volley players? Counter-puncher? All-rounder? Relying on forehand/backhand?
Likeness: Pick a player that they look like.

8 male players will be welcomed onto the first season of the Tour.

The TNP Tour will feature nine tournaments played across three different surfaces. Each tournament will boast 8 of the best players that we can find in a single elimination competition, playing three set matches.

Each match and each tournament will be worth ranking points and the player that tops the rankings at the end of the season will be declared the TNP Tennis Tour Champion. A player is also awarded points based on match victories and the stages of each tournament that he reaches.

A one set victory in a match is worth 10 ranking points.
A two set victory in a match is worth 25 ranking points.

A player reaching the following stages of each event will receive the following ranking points:
Winner - 500, Runner-up - 400, Semi-Final - 250, Second Round - 100, First Round (Entering) - 50

Three events will be played hard courts, three events will be played on clay courts and three events will be played on grass.

For each set, the players will be asked to divide 200 points of "energy" across the 13 games in that set. If a player is competing on their favoured surface, they will be allowed to use 10 extra points per set. The player that commits the higher amount of energy to that game will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a coin toss.

For example, if Andy Murray is playing Rafael Nadal 2 and they submit their sets as such:

Andy Murray: 15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-15-7-11-32
Rafael Nadal: 16-14-17-13-16-14-14-16-11-19-6-10-34

Andy Murray wins the set 7-5 in the 12th game and the final game is ignored.

Of course, all tennis players are not equal. The 16 players on the TNP Tennis Tour will fall into one of four ranked categories that determine their skill level. For the first season, these categories will be random but should we move into a second year they will be based on performances in the previous Tennis Tour. The higher the rank, the more points the player can use during the set.

Top level players - 240 points per set
Second level players - 220 points per set
Third level players - 200 points per set
Fourth level players - 180 points per set

There will be no seedings for any of the nine tournaments and that will mean random draws for everyone involved. The top level players can, and most likely will, face each other in the first round of some tournaments.

Any questions, please ask.

Confirmed Tournaments in no order:
The Nierrese Classic
The Sauceistan Championships
The Capital City Cup
The Saint-Cyr Invitational
The Gorod Zvezda Open
The McMasterdonia Memorial Championships
The Zyveta Open

Confirmed players on the tour:
Roger-Federer_3.jpg

Thomas Alfredo
21 Years Old
Sauceistinian
Right Handed
Hard
JAnowicz%20250.jpg

Noël Zdunowski
23 Years Old
Olvernian
Right Handed
Clay​
0uAdxk5.jpg

Gus MacClery
25 Years Old
Olvernian
Right Handed
Grass
194px-Milos_Raonic_2%2C_Wimbledon_2013_-_Diliff.jpg

Jacques Murat
22 Years Old
Lancerian
Left Handed
Clay​
roddick_200x250.jpg

Christoph Lyublova
24 Years Old
Legi
Ambidextrous
Grass
JaQbJwW.jpg

Albert Sarkozy
22 Years Old
McMasterdonian
Left Handed
Hard​
spr5.jpg

Aryn-Fey Verrone
24 Years Old
Zyveten
Right Handed
Grass
roger_federer_13a.jpg

Charles Handsome
28 Years Old
HMS Unicornian
Right Handed
Hard​

Also looking for nations to host tournaments in.

1 will be held in Nierr, so 8 more are needed.

Player Name: Thomas Alfredo
Nationality: Sauceistinian
Handed: Right

Favourite Surface: Hard

General Idea of Their Game: Backhanded swinger whose serves often go out of bounds
Likeness: Roger Ferderer

Sauceistan is also willing to host a tournament when this kicks off.

Player Name: Noël Zdunowski
Nationality: Olvernian

Favourite Surface: Clay

General Idea of Their Game: Backhand swinger, likes big serves and volleys.
Likeniness: Jerzy Janowicz, Jr.

Player Name: Gus MacClery
Nationality: Olvernian

Favourite Surface: Grass

General Idea of Their Game: All-rounded backhand swinger.
Likeliness: James McGee

Olvern will also offer to host a tournament as well, in good ol' Capital City.

(p.s I don't know jack about Tennis)

Player Name: Jacques Murat
Nationality: Lancerian
Handed: Left

Favourite Surface: Clay

General Idea of Their Game: An extremely devastating serve, very precise , very strong. Uses a two-handed backhand that is solid. Somewhat risky fore-hand, that occasionally causes unforced errors.
Likeniness: Milos Raonic

The Lancerian Empire would be proud to host a tournament on clay courts in it's capital of Saint-Cyr.

(P.S. I, too, know very little of tennis, but I'll do my best! I got all the info about play style based on what I could find about Raonic's playstyle on the internet so hopefully that's both realistic and relatively detailed.)

Player's Name: Christoph Lyublova
Nationality: Legi
Handed: Ambidextrous

General Idea of their Game: Can use his left hand for a controlled forehand and his right hand for a powerful backhand.

The Principality of Legington is willing to host the tournament in the city of Gorod Zvezda.

(I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one who doesn't know a lot about tennis, but I did some research and there are some players that are ambidextrous, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules)

Player Name: Albert Sarkozy
Nationality: Mcmasterdonian
Handed: Right/Left - left

Favourite Surface: Grass/Hard/Clay - Hard

General Idea of Their Game: To make it more fun for me to write, how do they play on the court? Big serve and volley players? Counter-puncher? All-rounder? Relying on forehand/backhand? Strong backhand player
Likeness: Pick a player that they look like: Pat Rafter in his younger days :P

I'm willing to have a go at hosting this. However I'm not fussed if someone wants it more than I do :)

All are accepted. Will update opening posts to reflect this.

Player Name: Aryn-Fey Verrone
Nationality: Zyveten

General Idea of Their Game: heavy forehand, powerful serves
Likeness: Marin Cilic

The Confederacy would happily host a tournament in its capital, Zyveta.

Accepted and thats one off a full complement of players. Just need two more hosts countries for tournaments.

Player Name: Charles Handsome
Nationality: HMS Unicornian

Favourite Surface: Hard

General Idea of Their Game: Big serve and volley player.
Likeness: Roger Federer

I can also host. Also, I know nothing about tennis, so I hope my choices make sense :P .

I love you so much right now.

That's a full roster! I'll be sending out PMs with more information regarding gameplans shortly.

Forgive my newbness, but what does it mean to be a host country? As a new country, I have no capital city, I have no leader, soooooo ... the lads above may find it boring to play tennis in my Free Land. I'd love to help out, it sounds interesting

It's just background info. So I call one of tournaments x cup or y trophy or whatever. That's it.

We've got a full roster of tournaments now as well.

Huzzah.

I am planning on doing more seasons of this if this one goes well. Possibly with ladies and even doubles competitions.

Stupid question: we're submitting gameplans for the first game that's coming up?

EDIT: I think I got this figured out, I'll PM you ASAP.

Purrfect Piss is a premium manufacturer and distributor of natural clay-based cat litters headquartered in Pusseldorf, the Constitutional Monarchy and Kingdom of Alunya. Purrfect Piss would be pleased to sponsor any tournaments held upon clay surfaces, and in exchange for being the presenting sponsor of said events, is prepared to offer a fee of $100,000 ($NS) plus cost of signage, to the organizing entity in nations hosting tournaments on clay surfaces. Purrfect Piss also is prepared to offer a prize of $10,000 ($NS) to the tennis player who wins such a tournament held upon a clay surface.

Please contact Mr. Giorgio Renoligatti, Vice President of Sport Marketing, Purrfect Piss Corporation, for details.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Huzzah. Will definitely start this tomorrow. So anyone who hasn't sent theirs in needs to.

Are you going to make Season 2? I prefer football(soccer) but this is pretty nice too!

Back