FOI: Security Council Release

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
DD:
Rach and Madjack do not clear my security check.

Edit: I have consulted with the Security Council

I would like to request that the above thread be made public. The Vice-Delegate has provided no justification for these rejections and indeed has spoken very little about why he considered these soon-to-be-approved RA members to be a security threat.

Perhaps if we could see the reasoning we could better understand his, and the Security Council's, logic?

I've only posted my reasoning multiple times across more multiple threads, two of which are viewable to you, but I see your point... :eyeroll:

I'm sorry you are so interested in being contentious that your reading comprehension has apparently suffered.

I consulted with the Security Council, but the decision is ultimately still mine to make. I have absolutely no problem releasing the thread for you to reread what I have already said.

The SC is separate to the executive, so I'm going to leave this decision to the Vice Delegate to make in consultation with the SC.

Blue Wolf II:
Oh, where those your reasons?

Damn, I had hoped you had something better than that.
Somehow, miraculously, I am unconcerned with how you feel about the quality of my reasoning. Miraculous, because i'm about to go to sleep and I just don't know how I would have been able to were I plagued by the thought of "What would Blue Wolf think?".

I have asked the SC if they care if I release the thread.

rs_500x210-131003121726-tumblr_m1it4dB86J1rn95k2o1_500.gif

I really think the next delegate should officially crown McMasterdonia with a Real Minister of Cheese Cabinet position. If I ever run for delegate, that will be my first act of office to create a cheese ministry.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I really think the next delegate should officially crown McMasterdonia with a Real Minister of Cheese Cabinet position. If I ever run for delegate, that will be my first act of office to create a cheese ministry.
Be careful what you wish for. Ministry of Cheese Bill :lol:

Democratic Donkeys:
It was my decision. All the law requires is that I consult with the SC. I don't have to listen to them. The law can't make me. Neener neener neener. :P
Sure, but it's not your decision for the Security Council to be cowards and deny the Regional Assembly their reasoning as to why the supported you. That's all on them.

As far as it goes, the decision really is that of the Vice Delegate as head of the Security Council.

The Vice Delegate is and isn't a member of the Executive Branch. When he is acting in a security capacity, then he is part of the Security Council and consults with them on security issues.

I know canines understand this better than lupines, but that's just the way it is. :)

While the VD is required to consult with the SC regarding RA rejections, the law does not explicitly say that he does this as chair of the security council, so it is ambiguous as to whether the VD does that consultation in their capacity as a member of the executive or not.

If the Minister of Defense were required to consult with the security council, would that thread be FOIAble?

Really? As I understand it, you, as Vice Delegate, could release that thread but choose to consult the Security Council. When the SC refuses, you've thus been all "Oh well, nothing I can do Bro, LOL."

However, the VD can release the tread, as indicated in this very thread, he's just choosing not to, citing SC rejection, which is not even a requirement for release. Basically, it's just one bullshit excuse after another.

Does that upset you? Sorry I care more about respecting the wish of the SC than whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. :)

You could have stayed on the SC you know, then you'd be privy to all the boringness.

Democratic Donkeys:
Does that upset you? Sorry I care more about respecting the wish of the SC than whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. :)
Yes, the honor of the Security Council comes before transparency and accountability to the Regional Assembly. Who are the RA anyway? Clearly just peons compared to the shear might of the Security Council.

Of course, the North Pacific Army is expected to be transparent in all matters, and DD himself has advocated, but not the Security Council. They are better than the NPA, above it, they transcend it. How dare anyone question their will.

No, you've just brought general shame upon the Security Council and the Office of the Vice Delegate. No additional humiliation towards other TNP departments is needed. Feel free to add more, however. I certainly won't stop you.

After reading thru this, I want to rent a steelcage Wrastlin' ring and let you both have at it. Sale tickets and use the procedes to put into TNP Campaign coffers.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
After reading thru this, I want to rent a steelcage Wrastlin' ring and let you both have at it. Sale tickets and use the procedes to put into TNP Campaign coffers.
Or bring it before the court.

Section 6.2: Freedom of Information Act
16. The Delegate and appointed government officials will be delegated the task of informing the Assembly of any governmental action not already disclosed by the respective officers of the Executive.
17. All registered citizens residing in The North Pacific may request information from the Government through the Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive.
18. The Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive will endeavour to retrieve information requested from the different departments of the government, who are obligated to release this information provided it will not and/or does not present a threat to regional security or unduly impinge on the privacy of private citizens, and
19. Citizens which do not receive this information for any reason not specifically designated in appropriate laws or regulations may file a request for the information in a regional court, where the Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive may present evidence that addresses any claim that release of the information impairs Regional security.
20. Information not disclosed because of issues pertaining to Regional security will be classified by the majority vote of the Court sitting as a three-member panel.
21. Information whose disclosure is deemed a security threat to the Region will be released by the affirmative vote of a majority of a three-member panel of the Court, no sooner than 2 months after the original request, once the threat no longer exists.

I like steel cage match better. Suspend the documents in s briefcase from the celing and have a ladder. Steelcage ladder match. Winner climbs ladder Retrives documents and releases or keeps them at their discretion. - hmmm legalcode amendment --- all FOIAct requests settled by cage/ladder match.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I like steel cage match better. Suspend the documents in s briefcase from the celing and have a ladder. Steelcage ladder match. Winner climbs ladder Retrives documents and releases or keeps them at their discretion. - hmmm legalcode amendment --- all FOIAct requests settled by cage/ladder match.
Oh hai Vince Russo.

I do not see a legal requirement on either the Vice Delegate or the Security Council to comply with a Freedom of Information request.

If you wish to make it a legal requirement, change the law rather than wailing about it.

Back