Preserve Ch 7.2 of the legal code

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
The Regional Assembly....

1. NOTING THAT a plot is afoot in the North Pacific to change the traditional numbering of the Legal Code, Section 7.2.

2. ALSO NOTING THAT eccentric numbering of legal documents is an old TNP tradition, dating back at least to the North Pacific Codex of June 29 2005.

3. FURTHER FURTHER NOTING THAT there is no mention of turtles in the proposal currently under debate to sanitise section 7.2 of the Legal Code

3. Finally noting that the repetition of the number 8 in the Legal code creates the number 88, for which the bingo call is "two fat ladies", thereby reinforcing TNP's commitment to overcoming sexism and fattism, and to promote acceptance of all body shapes.

.... votes to keep the legal code as it is currently numbered.

><><><><><><><><><><><><

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE:

The North Pacific Codex
As adopted, 29 June 2005

1. Shut up. I mean it, right? I will be delegate so you must do as I say. Max Thingumy sez so and he made the game up, right?

2. Only pretty girls are allowed in the region, and only if they fancy me.

4. Oh crap. I forgot three.

5. How do you edit this stuff?

3. That's better.

6. Damn. It is all out of order. Never mind I will ORDER Grosssesnenssassasnatuser to sort that out when I am delegate.

6. Let's get back to the CODEX

7. The only forum allowed is this one. All other forums are POO.*

8. All other regions are POO, especially the WEST PACIFIC becos of what Dilber sed.

9. Except Neenee. SHe is nice and she fancies me.

10. Did I have two sixes?

11. Crap again.

12. No one will get a trial. I will just say what happens and you will have to do it or I will ban you. That is becos I will be delegate and you wont.

13. This is getting a bit long for a Codex. But it is still cooler than MOLDAVI's.

14. err...

15. I'll think of some more when I am delegate.

*Espeshully the one BLACKSHEAR made and Insane Power found. Except Insane power will not find this one becos his intelligence service is POO.

For the sake of historical accuracy, it is worth noting that we had a special codex for weekends only:

1. It's the weekend, right? No school tomorrow so I can stay up as late as I like, right?

2. Nobody can tell the delegate (me) when to go to bed.

3. Nobody can invade the North pacific at weekends or any other time.

4. Everyone must have in their signature "The West Pacific is POO". That would be so COOL.

5. Everyone must do what the delegate says (me) Anyone who argues is POO.

6. I get to go out with a difrent pretty gurl every saturday. Then we will play snog the delegate.

7. Number 7 is a SECRET. I will tell you what the law is when you break it.

8. There will be trials at weekends. They will last 2 minutes. This is in keeping with North Pacific preceednyt. President. Presedent. Custom.

As the proposal does not enact, amend or repeal a law, but rather affirms the law as it already exists, I decline to allow its entry into formal debate. Arguments over the merits, or lack thereof, of a bill that amends a part of the law should take place in the thread discussing that bill, rather than by means of another bill.

psst... Hey yu'ns guys, you're supposed to laugh. :eyeroll:

Love the Codex! But I think it needs a better name that distinguishes it from all the other codexes - codices - codes. The Codexx of the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of TNP? The Traditional Codex? The Binge-Drinking Weekend Codex?

Zyvetskistaahn:
As the proposal does not enact, amend or repeal a law, but rather affirms the law as it already exists, I decline to allow its entry into formal debate. Arguments over the merits, or lack thereof, of a bill that amends a part of the law should take place in the thread discussing that bill, rather than by means of another bill.
Anally retentive muchly?

Wow, newbie getting a history lesson over here. Hey! I got an idea though do not know how feasible it is. How about you old TNP geezers teach courses at TNP Univeristy about the nefarious dealings and history of TNP to the new school of tnp citizens

flemingovia:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Anally retentive muchly?
can't the RA pass a resolution even if it has no legislative effect?

punk d:
flemingovia:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Anally retentive muchly?
I thought that is what they do anyway? :lol:

punk d:
flemingovia:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Anally retentive muchly?
No. You are forbidden. Learn your place, peon.

Learn to submit to the constitution.

punk d:
Or if it makes a mockery of the legislative process? Oh wait.. isn't the RA just a bunch of 'boneheads'? :eyeroll: (sarcasm btw..)

psst... Hey yu'ns guys, you're supposed to laugh. :eyeroll:
laughter in the Assembly? madness.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Anally retentive muchly?
Very muchly indeed.

It can, I do beg the forgiveness of the Most Honourable Flemingovia, if his intent was to introduce a non-legislative resolution and I misconstrued said resolution, should he clarify that that was indeed his intent then I shall, of course, allow it to proceed once it acquires a second.

Back