[WITHDRAWN] Petition to the Admin Team

It is very interesting to be asked to provide concrete evidence of a possible future event, I must say, and, naturally, I cannot do so, and I suspect no others can.

I signed this opinion in the view that it was, and is, inappropriate for a person who's involvement in the region is limited and who is at the same time highly involved in other groups and regions being an Administrator, with access to the various private forums of our region's government and military. I have no particular problem with Punk beyond his limited involvement here compared with his, presumably, intense involvement in LRI, my interaction with him has primarily been with him as an administrator in either the admin requests thread or the regional assembly member applications thread and he has generally been swift in reaction to my requests and to applications, if he were more involved here, or less involved there I suppose, I would be happy to have him retained as an Administrator.

Abbey Anumia:
It represents an incredible level of missing the point in order to send that PM out. The argument is not that punk necessarily will do these things, but that the motivation could be there. Being an admin does not automatically make someone a part of the community, and having an admin team removed from the operation of the region is not beneficial for it. It is built on trust and friendship and working with them, fundamentally.

You cannot provide evidence for a possibility!
Arguably Abbey, any administrator could potentially do this thing. Flemingovia and Great Bights Mum have been defenders since they started playing nationstates. It is arguably possible that either of them would leak information from the NPA and then be a security risk. It would be impossible to know for sure if they had done that, unless the leaked information was returned to us and the source revealed.

That would not happen though, as the Administration team of TNP accepts that our two positions are held separately and we take that seriously. The fact that these accusations are simply a possibility and a solely applied to Punk D as the administrator is an issue for me. It demonstrates that even if Punk D was a member of the regional assembly and debating issues daily, that opposition to Punk D would be solely based on this speculative concept that he may betray the regions security.

The Administration team is not attempting to ignore the communities concerns. We did in fact, encourage a public discussion on whether Administrators should hold citizenship or not when the matter was first brought to my attention. A petition of this nature however, was not expected.

The petition has been withdrawn, so we can all stop fixating on the admittedly hyperbolic language of it, and start talking about the real issues.

EDIT: It is possible that a new petition may be circulated, if there is a desire for one that better reflects the will and interests of those in favor of a change in admin policy. For the time being, I would recommend that anyone concerned about this issue merely go by what the petitioners have actually posted themselves in their own words.

Here are my final words on this. The word I'd use is still "disappointed" that this group chose not to speak to me with their concerns.

I'd like for the TNP community to know that I am approachable and that I am open to hearing any concern. So for Abbey who expressed concern and to anyone else, please I ask that if there is an issue come to us as an admin team.

Towards that end, I have signed up to join the RA. I have also resigned my citizenship with TNP's treatied ally TSP. I have no desire to be in two feeders. The reasons for my retirement from the game are still the same today as they were last fall. I made a return to TSP to do something that I believe is next to impossible to achieve. Punk D likes to do impossible things. I created LRI because I wanted to make defending fun. I am not a defender, my political leanings are raider. Still, it was about creating more fun for the game.

I hope the signers of this petition realize now the extent of my bond with this community. And I'd argue that people like Eluvatar, Hersfold, Tresville, GoalVA, and until my application is accepted, Punk D, are members of this community regardless if they hold citizenship or not.

Back