I think I have perfected my chilli recipe

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Chop 3 onions
Chop chillis to taste ( a mix of ordinary and bird's eye.)
Chop 3 cloves of garlic.

Saute these ingredients in corn oil. Remove from pan.

Brown 1lb minced beef. Add back in the onion and chilli mix.

Stir in a good dollop of chipotle paste. Add some chilli sauce, if desired.

Add 1kg passata or chopped tomatoes.

Add a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce (or Henderson's relish).

Add 500g tinned red kidney beans and 1 stick cinnamon.

Cook slowly for at least an hour, covered.

Stir in a good handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley.

in the final 5 minutes, add 150g 70% dark chocolate and stir in when melted.

Sprinkle over some more parsley, and serve.

I'll pass this to my brother, he tends to love Chilli and it may appeal to him.

Gives a dark colour, a shiny richness and a slightly bitter taste. It works. chilli and chocolate - it is an old combination.

Look at a lot of chilli mixes and you will find cocoa powder in the ingredients.

I bet it tastes great, I've done similar "mole-like" sauces before (well, way more simple than Flem's). And yeah, chocolate+chilli is a killer mixture. Some crazy Mexican stuff using that mix and works... But I like it hot!!

If I am making it just for myself, I add Scotts bonnet pepper. But most of those I cook for (including my wife) can't handle it.

flemingovia:
Gives a dark colour, a shiny richness and a slightly bitter taste. It works. chilli and chocolate - it is an old combination.

Look at a lot of chilli mixes and you will find cocoa powder in the ingredients.
Ahh... thanks for the recipe Flem :worship: ! Man you're making me hungry.

Chilli is only really and truly perfect when it has enough hot peppers in it to dissolve the pot it's being cooked in. :P

Romanoffia:
Chilli is only really and truly perfect when it has enough hot peppers in it to dissolve the pot it's being cooked in. :P
Or when the poop is hot enough that it burns D:

Lord Nwahs:
Romanoffia:
Or when the poop is hot enough that it burns D:
Or when one's feces strips the glazing off the inside of the crapper bowl thus adding a totally literal dimension to the old expression, "shit fire!" :P

Back