[Complete]At Vote:Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders" [Complete]

Abacathea

TNPer
Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#91

Proposed by: Ramaeus​

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #91: Condemn The Black Riders shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing the laudable intentions of SC#91, but due to poor draftsmanship, falls short of a condemnation expected for a region like The Black Riders, notably,

The numerous typographical errors in use of punctuation, excessively long sentences, lack of pronoun agreement, and more,

The use of the word “recent” in the present tense to describe raiding actions that are now in the past,

Regretting the use of words in SC#91 that yield unintentional and nonsensical meaning, including,

“anti-WA establishments and attitudes”,

“Angered by The Black Riders forced removal of those nations which are natives to the regions they conquer”,

“32 day oppressive and horrific seize that followed”,

“leading the regions to an undeniable downfall”,

Disturbed by the blatant manipulations found in SC#91, including references to “cultural genocide”, and aware that the systematic destruction of a culture is something in which no military organization, no matter how prolific, could succeed,

Determined to field a resolution that accurately demonstrates the menace The Black Riders have since become,

Hereby repeals SC#91, “Condemn The Black Riders”.
Co-Authored by The Republic of The Black Hat Guy.

Ministerial Review;

The proposal makes some good arguments relating to it's targeted resolution. A brief appraisal would suggest the author in this instance has indeed done their homework, which considering the target resolution, is always going to be brownie points.

The proposal highlights "numerous typographical errors" which, in the opinion of the ministry would under normal circumstances not be a significant issue, errors can often be expected and forgiven, but to the extent of the original document, there are enough to validate this point.

The regretting clause highlights issues we don't feel considerably significant, valid, but not overly significant.

Disturbed by the blatant manipulations found in SC#91, including references to “cultural genocide”, and aware that the systematic destruction of a culture is something in which no military organization, no matter how prolific, could succeed,

This paragraph from the proposal however we feel is one of the strongest and most valid. The original text contains some ridiculous assertions regarding TBR, and none more so controversial than the "cultural genocide" aspect.

Furthermore, the author, in their closing seeks to put in place a new condemn that will do far more justice than the old. While the nature of the World Assembly by no means guarantees any replacement is likely to pass. The ministry is of the opinion the proposed replacement should have no obstacles in this regard.

Ministry Suggestion;
Considering the above, the ministry is happy to suggest a vote FOR this resolution.

As per usual, this is a suggested vote only, please vote FOR, AGAINST or ABSTAIN below.

For the record, a more detailed replacement resolution is in the works and you can read it here:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=16224194#p16224194

I have received this telegram from Bach, Delegate of the East Pacific. With his permission I have posted it here for you consideration:

Hi McM,

I'd like to ask you if it'd be possible to change your vote regarding the Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders". (page=sc)
I'm not familiar with any procedure there might be regarding the WA vote in the North Pacific, so if it wouldn't be possible, I understand.

The reason is ask is that this particular resolution is written by the The East Pacific's Ambassador to the World Assembly, The Most Serene and Holy Empire of Ramaeus and the repeal itself is merely being proposed because the original condemnation is, for lack of a better suited description, a disaster likely written on the backside of a used napkin. The Most Serene and Holy Empire of Ramaeus has proposed, at this very moment, a better condemnation in the Security Council's forum, which will be submitted should the repeal succeed.

You have a considerable weight in the vote, so I hope you might agree to switch.
Bach.

I was in favor of this so... But I do suspect TBHG and Ramaeus are going to go for a second run at it, so maybe we can support it that time around?

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back