Comments on TNP v. Gross

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Off topic; That's brilliant! that means you can say what you like in elections, claim anything, so long as you preface your statement with "I believe...." Sheer genius, and I shall be sure to use this in future.

On topic: If it please your honourable worshipfulnesses on the court bench, I will be on holiday from 26th October to 2nd November, and will be unavailable to give testimony for that period. I thank your munificences for taking the time to listen to one such as I.

flemingovia:
Off topic; That's brilliant! that means you can say what you like in elections, claim anything, so long as you preface your statement with "I believe...." Sheer genius, and I shall be sure to use this in future.

On topic: If it please your honourable worshipfulnesses on the court bench, I will be on holiday from 26th October to 2nd November, and will be unavailable to give testimony for that period. I thank your munificences for taking the time to listen to one such as I.
In this region you can even post spurious criminal complaints without redress. Just posting an opinion is not even close to the same threshold. The motion should pass based purely on precedent that has existed for just a few days.

I posted my off-topic comment and then assumed it would be moved so started this thread separately while I awaited the moderation action.

It was a link to your original post, which I quoted in the original thread. No worries.

The point being that the motion as it stands should pass based upon precedent that was created just a week or so ago, even though I completely agree with your point.

it does open up a most delicious loophole, rendering many of our laws unenforceable. I look forward to the outcome of this trial.

I will note that the door would remain open for cases where the speaker demonstrably does not believe what they are claiming, which, after all, is what we're really concerned with in terms of "deception".

How will you prove what someone did or did not believe? The only way would be to ask the person what evidence they based their belief upon. Which is sort of the point you are trying to get away from in this trial.

Either Grosse had evidence that Tim was planning to coup on which he based his "belief", or he made it up out of his own paranoid tendencies - in which case it was fraud.

You should add another person in that pic to represent you.

I'm losing track. Who is on trial here? Eluvatar's evidence seems to assume that Tim is on trial.

What eluvatar ought to be presenting, and what is germaine to this case, is what evidence GROSSE had when he publicly accused Tim of being about to coup - not the content of private discussions on Skype between Durk and Eluvatar.

However, it is painfully obvious that Grosse was not basing his statement on anything beyond his desire to smear Tim, which is why Eluvatar is doing this neat deflection.

It is the same technique used in the OJ Simpson trial - if you cannot defend yourself, make sure that the OTHER person is put on trial, not you.

If I was the prosecutor I would certainly be seeking that submission 2, at least, be struck from the record as irrelevant. Unless there is evidence that Grosse was party to the conversation in submission 1, that ought to be struck as well.

I thank your honour for the clarification. I will be sure to use the proper terms of address from now on. [
I'm going to say something here as a warning to all, so, Flem, don't take this personally.

I will not take any crap from anyone even in the sense of sarcasm or maudlin humour here that will even remotely affect any legal opinion I have in this case when all is said and done. I have read your comment(s) and taken them into consideration as they relate to this case and the TNP Consitution.

Now I am going to make a comment that is possibly OOC and probably inappropriate here, but it has a direct bearing on my level of tolerance and sense of humour in relation to this case or anything else on this forum.

My father is 92 years old and he is dying. He, as an American, volunteered to serve in the RAF in WWII to save your sorry asses in the face of the onslaught of the Nazis. He shot down a dozen or so Luftwaffe pilots and when the US entered the war, he served against the Japanese for the rest of the war, above and beyond the call of duty.

He always taught me that whether it is play or not, you deal fairly with all parties, enemy or not. This was an absolute. You obey the rules, and you play by the rules regardless of whether the enemy obeyed by the rules or not. Trying to influence people with inane babbling and obfuscation is to be ignored.

Frankly, in character or not, I don't give a crap. I understand you are a God-Mod admin on this board. You have the ability to silence anything anyone says, dictatorially. But don't ever, every, ever push my good disposition.

Yeah, I am pissed, but not at you specifically nor anyone else. I am pissed at the general disrespect some people have at the TNP Court because they want a decision before it it is rendered after due consideration.

I am just about the most fair person that you will find in TNP to deal with court cases because, frankly, after about 12 years of BS and bickering I have arrived at a state of I don't give a sod when it concerns political influence that is presented in an attempt to influence my decisions. I will make a decision based upon the evidence presented and according to the TNP, God forbid, Rules, laws, regulations and (God forbid) tradition in terms of the intents of said laws.

DO NOT come into this court room and present unrequested nor unwarranted material.

In other words, As presiding judge, I will expect you to display the proper level of respect, regardless of your admin status, or STFU unless you are called a witness in this case.

As a matter of personal honour and in the spirit of keeping a 'stiff upper lip', regardless of personal RL tragedy, I will continue to preside over this case with all due diligence and in respect to the proper and honourable delivery of justice in a fashion that my father would be proud of, game or RL.

In other words, cut out the crap. Let's get this case over with in a fair and impartial way. And I don't want to have to use my abilities in this section of the forum to silence contemptuous behaviour.

Nothing personal, but I'm getting a little bit pissed off about the flippancy here. If anyone wants this case over and done with, or any such case before my bench, then I suggest that the idiotic comments from the peanut gallery be dispensed with.

I will not take any crap from anyone.

Do I make myself clear?

My first reaction to this was “WTF?” since the comment that occasioned this post was, I thought, quite civil. But then on IRC Roman told those in the channel the reason for his post:

<Romanoffia>: Someone threatens you with a line of Bull Shit, just bash them into the ground. It sends a message to them and any an (sic) all commers (sic).

So, this was intended to “bash me to the ground” and to “send a message”. OK. Message received.

Out of pity for you and your situation I will not be pushing this further and out of respect for the court I will not post further there. But take note of this for future reference:

If you come at me again at a different time and try to push me around, you will get a very different reaction. I do not take kindly to bullies, and do not let them intimidate me. THAT was the attitude that saved Britain’s asses in WW2.

I trust that is a message YOU have received.

Now, perhaps, if we understand each other, and the testosterone is cleared, we can get back to the asshattery.

there comes a point in tnp where a trial descends into farce. it is known as the JAL effect. I would suggest this trial is aborted, and charges are dropped.

Latest odds from honest flemingovia:

Trial completes on schedule: 50/1
Trial collapses, charges dismissed. 7/3on
Trial over before Christmas 10/1
Trial completes with current AG, justice and defence counsel: 7/3
Grosse to make an appearance in court: 1000/1
Trial is eventually declared an embarrassing clusterfuck, and nobody ever, ever speaks of it again. 6/4 on.

Grosse found guilty: 100/1
Grosse found innocent. 10/1 on

Archbishop McMasterdonia of the Church of Flemingovia will offer his assistance on this matter (clearly god has a conflict of interest)

The Fiqh stands ready to render a verdict within 24 hours on this particular matter. If the plaintiff wishes to receive the judgement of the Fiqh he needs only ask.

God cannot possibly have a conflict of interest. Conflict is a particularly human trait. Think about it theologically for a moment and you will see.

mcmasterdonia:
Archbishop McMasterdonia of the Church of Flemingovia will offer his assistance on this matter (clearly god has a conflict of interest)

The Fiqh stands ready to render a verdict within 24 hours on this particular matter. If the plaintiff wishes to receive the judgement of the Fiqh he needs only ask.
Don't you mean the defendant?

Odds of that happening: :courtmadearuling: /1

[Dec 6 2013, 11:37 PM] <omgitsjackwtf> so which side are each of you on?

I love this comment from the deposition and when during the deposition it was asked. Hilarious.

the defence asks for an extension of 12 hours to prepare his case AFTER the prosecution has posted? Seems to me to give an unfair advantage to the defence team.

Blue wolf wa appointed THO on 8th December, yet the defence chooses to wait until today to object to hi appointment?

Is some sorry of delaying tactic going on here?

Perhaps the defence just noticed? Whatever it is.. it is beyond ridiculous that extensions are still being sort imo. The 6 month delay should have been enough time to organise their argument.

Depositions can only be taken during discovery, so any portions of the argument that depend on witness testimony cannot be planned ahead of time.

I believe nobody at all would have seen this verdict coming.

the-untouchables-connery-56.jpg

grosseschnauzer celebrates his victory in his usual effusive, untouchable style

Back