Resignation from Vice Delegate.

Tim

TNPer
[me]waves

Hey Guys, as you can tell from the topic title, I'm resigning from Vice Delegate of The North Pacific.

It's been fun, it has. I got to work with and get to know some pretty great people while on the Security Council. It was a good experience, although not one that I plan to go for again... Because really.. Being non-mobile kind of sucks, guys.

Now that's not the reason for my resignation at all. I could wait it out till February to go Mobile fairly easily. Yes, I'd be sitting there missing the fun of being an updater again. I'd be able to manage it though. There's plenty of stuff that is able to be done in R/D without being an Updater. Anyways, to move the focus back to the topic at hand...

There's really two big reasons why I'm resigning from Vice Delegate. One: RL reasons, that I'm obviously not really going to go into. The other one is that you guys deserve better. Even discounting the recent shitstorm, with myself dropping WA to participate in the Attempted Liberation of EID, I don't think I've had the time to be a good Vice Delegate. Now, there is still the mystery of what a Vice Delegate is supposed to do. Apparently it's not actually that much... Either way, even with just the swapping and tarting, I don't have time to consistently do it. This is related to Reason One. School takes a lot out of you. I think that, honestly, The North Pacific could use a better Vice Delegate; one that has the time to be a good Chair to the Security Council and a better figurehead for the people to look at. In the past couple weeks, I've gotten the message that I'm obviously not a good figurehead. This might be, just a bit, connected to the constant accusations that I was obviously going to purge The North Pacific. Or maybe it's the accusations that I'm just a UDL Puppet? I really appreciate those, guys. Nothing to make you warm and fuzzy inside than to be called both a Rogue and a UDL Puppet on the same day. Repeatedly. For More than a Week.

Anyways, I'm ranting.. a lot.. Sorry about this... It's fairly hard figuring out what to say and what not to say.

I guess I should probably address the current situation, meaning when I dropped WA to help in an Attempted Liberation.

To quickly list a few response to some common questions that I heard brought up:
  • I thought I gave Pre-Warning to both Eluvatar and McMasterdonia that I was going to be doing this. If I didn't, and just thought I did, then I greatly apologize for that.
  • I didn't tell #tnp because there were raiders in #tnp
  • I didn't tell the Security Council, because
    [1] I did have some levels of paranoia that Wolf could leak
    [2] We decided that Dharma was happening for sure.. about 2 hours before Update? From that time, till Dharma updated, I didn't have any time to spare on posting in the SC. I was already rushing to finish Homework, and any time I didn't spend on that was spent on helping get new guys oriented on what we were doing. Not much time to help the TNP SC

Looking back on it, I think it's more than fair to say that I used very poor judgement there. I shouldn't have dropped from the WA in TNP. We did have more than enough people online to win that Liberation without my Endorsement. Perhaps, had there been less people and my endorsement would have been a deciding one, it could be viewed as a more acceptable thing. Obviously, some are going to think it was unacceptable no matter what. I apologize to those people, but my thought process that night was that Dharma was a Founderless Region in danger of being burned to the ground. TNP really had no security threats, and my WA wasn't needed there... right? right?

No, It was bad judgement. I do apologize for causing the scare, especially since I was gone for the entirety of the next day at a Chess Tournament. That left about a 24 hour period for speculations to go mad and for people to run crazy accusations. Bringing up a point from earlier, you guys deserve a better Vice Delegate. What I did was extremely irresponsible and I regret it. I shouldn't have dropped WA, and I should have at least clearly notified people about this. So once again, I apologize. You don't have to accept the apology, and I understand if you don't, but it's there.

One thing I do really want to address is all the UDL Hate that's happening right now. It annoys me how people are instantly jumping onto a UDL Hate Train without even knowing any details of what actually happened. I was actually discouraged by UDL from doing this. I mean seriously.. it wasn't UDL's fault; they told me -not- to, it was my free will'. Look at what we've become, jumping on each other every second and discounting TNPers because of where else they are. This is wrong. We are a Democracy and should have more respect for our Citizens. What's really annoying is that this UDL Hate is indeed coming from the fact that I'm UDL. So what? Just because one UDL does something doesn't mean all the UDL is like that. Generalizing an entire organization for one member's actions isn't right. Yes, I had bad judgement. It doesn't mean you should rail the entire UDL for it. Especially considering that they were also telling me not to do it. In the reverse, the UDL should not rail anyone that stands against someone in the UDL as being anti-UDL. Abbey and others have their own opinions which have nothing to do with their opinions of the UDL. It’s not fair that either side is being generalized to one opinion of an organization.

Within TNP, everyone should be a TNP citizen and be putting their responsibilities first. It’s probably a bit ironic that I’m saying this, and I’m sorry, but it’s true. It’s not fair to -anyone- in TNP for this to become a place of namecalling and accusations of broken loyalties. It makes TNP not fun for people and it makes it unwelcoming for people just joining to see us all at each other’s throats all the time. We need to all calm down and remember that there are people on the other side of these computers, each with their own RL situations and their own things going on too. We are a community here, not just a group of people trying to fight each other. If it’s more important for some people to lose than for TNP to have a strong, great community in it..than not only will people lose, but TNP will lose.

Anyways, that's my resignation and general rant on stuff. I'm more than happy to answer any questions, to my best ability. I also wish the best of luck to whoever is elected in the Emergency Election for Vice Delegate. I also apologize to TNP for putting them through another Emergency Election. I apologize for making a bad judgement call and dropping WA. I hope that you all can forgive me for that. I've been a tad out of it recently.

I do still plan to stay in TNP, and plan to still run for the Council. Foreign Affairs is one of the things in NS that I'm really passionate about, and I hope that TNP would still elect me to that, when elections come. Of course, I understand if you don't. I think I broke the trust and expectations of many a TNPer with what I did. I'm sorry.

It's been a fun ride. Best of luck to my successor, and may they not end as badly as I have. TNP is a great place with a great community of people with differing opinions, different NS histories, and different personal stories. And that’s just it--we’re all different, but we’re all TNPers. Although we do have.. more than our fair share.. of drama, I think that TNP is still a great place. When united, TNP can do great stuff. Let’s get united again and be that strong, welcoming community that I know, and you know, TNP can be.

Sorry Again,
-Tim

Wolf is teh ebilest raiderrr.

But in all serious, thank you for your service. It's too bad you had to go out this way.

Blue Wolf II:
Tim:
[*] I didn't tell the Security Council, because
lolwut.
>.>

Raiders. They're everywhere.

They know things, you see.

And then they tell each other.

<.<

>.>

They're probably telling each other this now.

Bastards.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to see you leave, but I accept that it was probably the right thing to do in this situation. Thank you for the work you did put in.

Very nice and well-written resignation, Tim.

Sad to see you go in this fashion but I agree that it was the right thing to do.

<3!

It might have been poor judgment but at least you acknowledge you made a bad call. This seems to be a rarity in TNP. So for that, I thank you.

As for UDL related drama... I think labeling it as "UDL hate" is a bit unfair to say the least. Some of the issues raised are often legitimate but yes at times it does seem to border on paranoia. The problem is that government officials in TNP have been *seen* to put the UDL or indeed defender ideals (omg they must be related to the UDL) first. On top of that we've had a few little isolated incidents which haven't helped things along. Most of all though there are people who aren't particularly fond of Unibot and UDL bashing provides the perfect outlet. Whether justified or not. This definitely wasn't helped by the fact that the controversy involving Unibot was never really resolved because he resigned. Plus we've had several incidents where he's used some rather... colourful things to people which has created bad feeling as I don't think there has ever been an apology for some of the rather hurtful language used. This is a game after all and we should always attempt to keep things happy and civil.

Others may disagree but that's my point of view. Please don't interpret this as anti-UDL on my part because that's not the case at all. To the contrary, I dropped my WA in TNP to help with the liberation. I can only hope that relations between the UDL / TNP can reach a point where there is enough trust to move past these issues.

Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

Sad to see you go in this fashion but I agree that it was the right thing to do.

<3!
Watch out Auri.

:P
Considering that Earth is getting NS Married to Unibot, I think that would be just a tad awkward. Plus I'm one of her Bridesdudes (because being a Bridesmaid is too mainstream) :P

Tim:
Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

<3!
Watch out Auri.

Considering that Earth is getting NS Married to Unibot, I think that would be just a tad awkward. Plus I'm one of her Bridesdudes (because being a Bridesmaid is too mainstream) :P
You never know people can have a chage of heart, as Mahaj knows.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Everyone Else

Thanks for the Well Wishes/Compliments/Sad to see you goes/etc.

It's been fun :)

Tyler Kazakov:
Tim:
Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

<3!
Watch out Auri.

You never know people can have a chage of heart, as Mahaj knows.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If I still had my Moderation powers.... :P

I second the idea of "Apology accepted". My motion was not meant personally, and it takes guts to accept that you did something wrong. I've generalised when I shouldn't - although the idea that I'm frustrated at certain induviduals doesn't go away - you have now done the best you can in an awkward situation.

Thank you for sticking with us, Tim.

Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

<3!
Watch out Auri.

*whaps*

I <3 a lot of people, and Tim and I are related and otherwise taken. o.O

Tim:
Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

<3!
Watch out Auri.

Hmmmm I expected a bit different answer Tim. Like 'my wife is too great to marry another woman'.

Aurora DiLaurentis:
Tim:
Tyler Kazakov:
Earth:

<3!
Watch out Auri.

Hmmmm I expected a bit different answer Tim. Like 'my wife is too great to marry another woman'.
I was giving a more scientific answer to Tyler, to be a tad more "BAM"

But yes, Wifey is awesomes and too great for me to go chasing after other women. :hug:

Sorry to see you resign in such a manner but good luck Tim :) I will admit I sometimes go a bit over the top when it comes to criticising the UDL and I am sorry for that and I hope I didn't offend anyone too severely.

I, for one, maintain that this was a plot contrived by Unibot to destabilize TNP. That having been said, damn it Tim you can't do anything right. I'll see you during updates :D Best of luck.

Blue Wolf II:
Tim:
[*] I didn't tell the Security Council, because
lolwut.
He still feels he's not accountable to the people. Ask a simple reasonable request, get an unreasonable response in return.

Back