Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Security Council Application Thread
Topic Started: Mar 23 2012, 08:38 PM (5,548 Views)
Grosseschnauzer
Member Avatar
Perpetual TNP Patriot

Please post here if you wish to join the Security Council.
Section 5.1: Requirements and Admission

4. Any person with an account on the regional forum and a nation in The North Pacific may apply to join the Council, as long as their nation satisfies any influence and endorsement requirements for membership. Any applicant who does not meet the appropriate requirements, or who ceases to meet them, is automatically rejected.
5. Security Councilors must meet the same influence and endorsement requirements as applicants to the Council, and may be suspended or removed if they fail to do so.
6. The influence requirement is a Soft Power Disbursement Rating within The North Pacific greater than or equal to 182,500, or an influence rank within The North Pacific greater than or equal to Apprentice, whichever is lower. The endorsement requirement is at least 500, or 50 percent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count, whichever is lower.
7. By a two-thirds majority vote, the Security Council may exempt nations who have expended their influence in service to the region from any influence requirements to join the Council or to remain a member. Exemptions granted in such a manner remain valid until the exempted nation regains the required influence level.
Applicants have usually posted an application in the form of "I, Grosseschnauzer, a Handshaker with 206 endorsements wish to apply for the Security Council."

Your application will be discussed and then voted on by the Council.

This is an application thread, and not a discussion or voting thread. Thank you!
Edited by Kasch, Jul 30 2017, 11:05 PM.
Grosseschnauzer, MKOG (Ret.)
Member of The TNP Security Council

Forum Administrator

Retired Delegate, The North Pacific[/size]
Two Term Retired Vice Delegate of The North Pacific
Two-Time Retired Speaker of the Regional Assembly
Three-Time Retired Chief Justice and a former Justice of the Court of The North Pacific
Former Attorney General of The North Pacific

Master Knight, Order Of Gryphons (Retired)

Member, Old Guard
Sponsor of record, Resolution 90 (Tsunami Warning System)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Great Bights Mum
Member Avatar
Grande Dame

I, Great Bights Mum, an Ambassador with 78 endorsements wish to apply to the Security Council.

Edit: sorry, couldn't get the link to work.
Edited by Great Bights Mum, Apr 6 2012, 03:06 PM.
"Lest this is lost amid the asshattery..." -Flemingovia

Former English Colony
Member Avatar

Apparently I'm supposed to do this now, so...

I, Former English Colony, an Ambassador with 206 endorsements, wish to apply for the Security Council

Blackshear
Member Avatar

I, Blackshear41 , a Vassal with 179 endorsements wish to apply for the Security Council.
Edited by Blackshear, Jun 24 2012, 05:52 PM.

Enif
Member Avatar
Northern Patriot

I, Enif, a Vassal with 182 endorsements wish to apply for the Security Council.
For Peace, for Power, for Unity of the North!

Romanoffia
Member Avatar
Hang 'em high!

I, Romanoffia of Novare Res, a Truckler with 192 endorsements, wish to apply for The Security Council.
Posted Image Posted Image

How many times do I have to tell you, it's HANGED, not HUNG?!

Blue Wolf II
Member Avatar
Yes Eye Can

I, [nation]Blue Wolf II[/nation], with currently 248 endorsements and an influence of Vassal,wish to apply to the Security Council.
Does anyone else hear that barking?

Posted Image

Cat.exe has crashed.
Unibot on General Blue Wolf II

Wouldn't be surprised if he was leaking info from the NPA to raider groups either.

Pasargad
Member Avatar
Recall Record Holder

I ,Pasargad a Handshaker with 283 endorsements,wish to apply for the Security Council.
i withdraw my application for now
Edited by Pasargad, Jan 27 2013, 05:50 PM.

Jamie
Member Avatar

Since the amendment allows me to apply now..

I, [nation]Jamie Anumia[/nation] , a Minnow (316 SPDR) with 466 endorsements wish to apply for the Security Council."

Edited by Jamie, Jul 12 2013, 07:57 PM.
Semi-Retired
Ex-Delegate of the The North Pacific (1.5 Terms)
Ex-Speaker of The North Pacific Regional Assembly (0.5 Terms)

mcmasterdonia
Member Avatar

I, [nation]McMasterdonia[/nation], a minnow (411 SPDR) with 202 endorsements apply to join the Security Council.

:mcm2:
Former Government Positions
Awards and Ribbons
A Formal Apology
:lion:
Why People <3 me
The Kingdom of McMasterdonia

Our Factbook | Apply for an Embassy | Our History
Royal McMasterdonian Airlines | Freight McMasterdonia

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Democratic Donkeys
Member Avatar
Get down with the chirpness. Ooo eee eee eee

I, [nation]Democatic Donkeys[/nation], a minnow (383 spdr) with 264 endorsements apply to join the Security Council. :)
under construction

Lennart
Member Avatar
Victoria Concordia Crescit

I, Lennart , a Minnow (326 SPDR*) with 361 endorsements apply to join the Security Council.

*326 is for [nation]Avalon[/nation], while my other nation [nation]Ehlnar[/nation] has 255 SPDR and dropping because of the new rules regarding influence.
Isle of Avalon
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Read our Factbook. Listen to our Anthem.

Lord Byron
Member Avatar
Supreme Leader

I, [nation]God n Country n Byron[/nation], a Vassal (365 SPDR) with 219 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.
Your Government Knows Best

Ator People
Member Avatar

I, [nation]Ator People[/nation], a Minnow (274 SPDR) with 212 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.

-Lieutenant General (Retired) of The North Pacific Army
-Former Court Justice (3/14-7/14)
-Former Executive Councillor on the Council of Five (6/12-7/12)
-Former Chief of Staff of The North Pacific Army (4/12-7/12)
-Former Vice Delegate (3/09-9/09)
-Former Chancellor and President of UTNP
-Former Interior Minister (9/08-5/09)
-Former Vice Delegate (8/07-9/07)
-Former Security Council Member (8/06-11/06, 2/07-9/07)
-Former Chancellor of The North Pacific University (5/07-9/07)
-NPA Commendation of Valor (12/06)
-Former Minister of Defense (06/06-08/06, 5/07-8/07)
-Former Minister of Communications (2/06-5/06, 6/12-7/12)
-Former Minister of Culture and Education (8/05-9/05)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

r3naissanc3r
Member Avatar
Royal Penguin

I, [nation]HMS Unicorn[/nation], a Vassal (328 SPDR) with 295 endorsements, wish to apply for the Security Council
Various quotes about me... (click to read)
...and a poem! (click once more)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

mcmasterdonia
Member Avatar

Thank you for applying r3naissanc3r. I'm sure that the Vice Delegate will open a discussion on your application very soon.

Unfortunately we do not allow penguins or unicorns into the Security Council. We do not allow weird hybrids of the two either.

:mcm2:
Former Government Positions
Awards and Ribbons
A Formal Apology
:lion:
Why People <3 me
The Kingdom of McMasterdonia

Our Factbook | Apply for an Embassy | Our History
Royal McMasterdonian Airlines | Freight McMasterdonia

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiwi
Member Avatar

I, [nation]kiwitaicho[/nation], a Minnow (270 SPDR) with 227 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.

Current Positions
Justice
Regional Assembly
Security Council
The North Pacific Army - General

Posted Image

Former Positions
Military Rank and Ribbons
Great Quotes

Abacathea
Member Avatar
Well Dressed Psychopath

Kiwi
May 25 2014, 08:02 PM
I, [nation]kiwitaicho[/nation], a Minnow (270 SPDR) with 227 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.
Application received Kiwi. I've started the process. Bear with us :)

Posted Image
"Abacathea, the invader-leaning SC Author"

Government Positions

Military Profile
WA Authorship

Lord Nwahs
Member Avatar
Olvern, not-Meerkat, going PINK

I, [nation]Olvern[/nation], a Minnow (289 SPDR) with 245 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.
Democracy in Action - Become a Citizen, participate in the Regional Assembly!
Serve your Region, Join the Executive Staff!

Positions Holding/Held

apparently the unholy trio
r3n hates skype
a world without jb

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageJoin The New Party! Much lols be had!

Alunya
Member Avatar
Ambassador from Equinox

I, [nation]Alunya[/nation], a Vassal (314 SPDR) with 270 endorsements, apply to join the Security Council.
Ambassador from Equinox

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Security Council · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive