Azure Articles of Alliance

Westwind

TNPer
-
I don't see the purpose in having an alliance listed in the TNP legal code that is no longer relevant, nor any longer exists. I propose the repeal of the Azure Articles of Alliance.

Azure Articles of Alliance

We the regions of the Azure Alliance do ordain and establish these Articles of Alliance to ensure our security, promote our interests, and build a interregional community among us.

Article I: Rights of Member Regions

1. Each Member Region has a right to be defended by the Alliance against invasion or insurrection.
2. Each Member Region has the right to regulate its own affairs except as it is responsible to the Alliance.
3. Each Member Region may maintain any number of other agreements and alliances as long as they do not conflict with the region's obligations under this Alliance.
4. Each Member Region may recall its Senator at any time for replacement.
5. The Region's Government when the Region joins will be recognized by the Alliance as the legitimate government of the Region, and the legal system of that Government will be respected by the Alliance.

Article II: Responsibilities of Member Regions

1. Each Member Region must aid in defending any Member Region that requires assistance.
2. Each Member Region must keep in confidence information classified by the Alliance.
3. Each Member Region must select a Senator to represent them in the Senate following some manner established by the laws of that region.

Article III: Positions of Authority

1. The President of the Alliance shall direct all activities of the Alliance.
2. The Senate of the Alliance shall be informed of all decisions by the President.
3. The President shall appoint, and the Senate confirm, Secretaries to carry out the duties of the Alliance.
4. The Senate may remove any Secretary by a two thirds vote.
5. The Senate shall be privy to information gathered by the Alliance and may classify such information.
6. The Senate shall select the President by majority vote.
7. The Senate may remove the President by a two thirds majority.

Article IV: Protocol for Voting

1. A vote of the Senate shall require more than the stated proportion of all Senators.

Article V: Protocol for Leaving

1. The Senator of any Member Region may at any time begin the process of leaving the Alliance by declaring intention to leave in the Senate.
2. If after two weeks the Senator of that Member Region has not repudiated the intention to leave, the Member Region will have left the Alliance.

Article VI: Protocol for Admittance

1. The President may at any time submit a request to admit a new region to the Senate.
2. To admit the region, the Senate must approve in a two thirds majority vote.

Article VII: Protocol for Amendment

1. The Senate may propose an Amendment to these Articles by a two thirds majority vote.
2. An Amendment shall be Ratified if, within one month of it being proposed, three quarters of Member Regions ratify it in a manner determined by their laws.

Signed,

President Eluvatar of The North Pacific,
Emperor Moo-Cows with Guns of The Pacific,
Minister of Foreign Affairs Geomania of The South Pacific
Delegate The G Rebellion of Taijitu

I see no need for Preliminary Discussions for this and propose that we move this to formal discussion.

Then I motion that we take the Motion to Repeal to Formal Discussion to allow fair chance for other comments.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

This is simply a motion to bring a vote to Repeal the Azure Articles of Alliance. Simply to acknowledge that the Alliance has ceased to exist, and have it removed from TNP Law.

Back