The Application Process

Well, it is important that we first have our application process streamlined and running smoothly - so that we can begin enlarging our member base.

So far, here is what happens:

1. They post in the Join: Diplomatic Corps thread.

2. Their application is reviewed.

A more official process for this is needed - discussion welcome. I'm thinking that we should have a thread posted in the Private Lounge for every application - in which we can discuss their history, and if suitable, make recommendations as to which region you think the particular applicant would be best suited to (amongst other things related to that applicant). What do you think?.

3. If accepted, they receive an intro PM from me, detailing their assigned region.

4. They receive masking to view the DC forum - the Introduction thread becoming available to them for informational purposes.

5. We monitor their progress, and keep in touch with them via PM.

[I would prefer this approach over simply requiring them to read the pinned threads]. These PMs have not yet been written, but will include information and reminders on posting updates, writing reports, and pointing out suggestions for diplomatic opportunities available to them in their region. HEM and I can share the duty of handing out the PMs, whereas we can portion off ambassadors under each Ambassador Generals - there to monitor their progress and offer any assistance to these newer members.

Well gentlemen, thats the basic concept so far - but please feel free put forward your own ideas and suggestions in regards to this...thoughts?

Might I suggest running the application and proposed diplomatic rank past the deputy for their input - HEM clearly has a good head on his shoulders.

A more official process for this is needed - discussion welcome. I'm thinking that we should have a thread posted in the Private Lounge for every application - in which we can discuss their history, and if suitable, make recommendations as to which region you think the particular applicant would be best suited to (amongst other things related to that applicant). What do you think?

This part should not be drawn out for anyone, and should be relatively quick. If they wish to be a deputy or Ambassador General, that may involve more discussion.

That aside, speaking of which, when will Ambassador Generals get their zones to oversee ambassadors from? :ADN:

Back