PERMISSION REQUEST

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Dear all,

I came across the following image, which seems so perfect, I would dearly love to use it as my sig.

However, I gave assurance to Cisco that I would not make any post on Z13 that might antagonise the Empire without asking permission of the government first, so I am hereby asking permission.

Here is the image, which I ask permission to use as my sig:

splash.gif

Dear all,

I came across the following image, which seems so perfect, I would dearly love to use it as my sig.

However, I gave assurance to Cisco that I would not make any post on Z13 that might antagonise the Empire without asking permission of the government first, so I am hereby asking permission.

Here is the image, which I ask permission to use as my sig:

splash.gif
But this post of yours that you have MADE may antagonize the Empire! :noangel:

that is why I posted in the PRIVATE cabinet meeting room.

I would be grateful if someone from the government could express an opinion as to whether I am allowed to use it or not.

Why can't we antagonize the Empire? We're at war, and besides, antagonization is so much more fun. But seriously, what?

Cisco seems to think that we can sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya with the Empire if we stop antagonizing them, yet recognizes the only way they will accept peace with us is if we surrender to them.

I (and several others) say we take the gloves off already, but he still seems strangely reluctant and won't give a coherent answer as to why.

Well until we have some legitimate reason, I can't possibly accept any move towards peace, especially one with us in an inferior position. Why we would even bother initiating negotiations with them at this point I'm not really sure.

Well until we have some legitimate reason, I can't possibly accept any move towards peace, especially one with us in an inferior position. Why we would even bother initiating negotiations with them at this point I'm not really sure.
Well, from what I've gathered, the talks were to determine what we're willing to negotiate.

that is why I posted in the PRIVATE cabinet meeting room.

I would be grateful if someone from the government could express an opinion as to whether I am allowed to use it or not.
What if they have a SPY in here? That SPY will be antagonized :pinch:

You're being quite inconsiderate to any such spies :(

A clear yes or no would be nice, rather than a debate around the issue.

Since I am required to ask government permission even before giving a chat response in IRC, such delay could cause further antagonism.

For (imaginary) example:

Me: "Biyah has just called me a wanker on #tnp. Do I have the government's permission to call him a dogturd in return?"

Two days wait....

Me (on #tnp): Hooray! I have permission! Biyah - you are a dogturd.
Biyah (who has forgotten his earlier comment, and is talking about something else): WTF?

So I would be grateful if we could establish the precedenct of speedy response. Thanks

I'm all for antagonism, so I'd say go for it.
I say Tresville's opinion is the only one that matters as he is the Del and all cabinet members are of the previous administration, not Tres'.

But personally, whacking them when they're down will only strengthen our negotiating position as they'll be more desperate for peace.

Though cropping it and minimizing just a tad would do my browser a big favour!

Yes, I agree with you Mr S. However, I am trying to keep within the constraints laid upon me by CiscO, and he was absolutely clear that I had to ask permission of "the government" - not permission of "the delegate."

<bump>

This is quite a minor matter, but I am trying to keep within the requirements laid upon me. It is quite unfair to require me to ask permssion before doing anything beyond tying my shoelaces, then ignoring me when I do ask permission. :eyebrow:

Since CiscO has posted in the private cabinet room, I assume he has seen this thread.

I think your acting like a real asshat about this. I don't see what was wrong with me wanting to end the war. But whatever.

Here's your pink sig:
Empire in Pink

The other one throws the whole page out of whack.

The requirements ended when the chance for peace did. That was rather obvious.

Back