NPA

Heft

TNPer
Here's what I sent Eluvatar awhile ago around the time I stopped showing up anymore. I can flesh the idea out a bit more here if you like.

I've been a failure of a Defense Minister so far, but I console myself with the evidence that every past Minister has only been marginally, if any, better than myself. My recommendation so far is to simply end the NPA. It has very rarely had any useful purpose or done much of anything. This isn't the first time I've proposed, at least privately, something along these lines. In it's place, I would recommend that you create a volunteer militia that would consist of a thread in the Delegate's Office where a list of people who would be willing to move their UN out of the region at the behest of the Delegate (to assist other regions or whatever) would be maintained.

Basically.

That would be much more....genuine and appropriate to TNP and much easier to justify than the NPA has ever been.

Or something along those lines, anyway. TNP has always been a relatively peaceful, insulated alliance that occasionally deals with the outside world, but almost never militilantly. Having a standing army that's perpetually small and weak and has little in the way of regional purpose or goals doesn't help much. A volunteer militia would achieve almost the same thing.

I'm not sure about completely disbanding, but yes, a volunteer militia would be a good thing.

However, if the NPA is disbanded and replaced by a militia, I think there should be some sort of clause or something that lets us reinstate it in a relatively easy manner in case we get enough people and activity to support an Army, and get into a situation where we need one.

Back