A thread in search of a topic

All I'm saying is that the current culture prevents the region's most active members from serving TNP's defense, while encouraging inactivity from the very top of the hierarchy on down.

Or we can stick to the original principles that laid TNP as defender region and keep it as a defender army.

TNP was a defender region before the coup and it should be a defender region. Being a defender does not decrease activity. :ADN:
If you hadnt noticed the Defender - Raider game is dead.

Or we can stick to the original principles that laid TNP as  defender region and keep it as a defender army.

TNP was a defender region before the coup and it should be a defender region.  Being a defender does not decrease activity.  :ADN:
Which is exactly why someone's affiliation with defenders or raiders doesn't particularly matter anymore. Those who continue to oppose working together for the good of our region are either overly paranoid or don't want to lose their absolute control over the security apparatus.

Or we can stick to the original principles that laid TNP as  defender region and keep it as a defender army.

TNP was a defender region before the coup and it should be a defender region.  Being a defender does not decrease activity.  :ADN:
The recent misison in Lazarus where over 200 nations took part says otherwise, General of Catlandatopia <_< :ADN:

you mean the region that changes delegate every over week?

EDIT: The raiders moved out of their own accord, if not they would still be there i seem to remember....

A valid point. The defenders in TNP seem to be more concerned with keeping The North in line with their own views, even at the cost of activity and productivity, rather with fulfilling the needs and interests of The North itself. Very interesting.
Right. Years ago I gave you invaders the tools to turn things around...u chose not to. My problems with invaders is that of ideals. How can we expect regions to respect our sovereignty when our government has an invader group that overthrows a legally standing government? We do not condone this being done to TNP...yet you want us to condone it elsewhere.

You had Wolves of The North didn't u? That isn't enough though. Your willing to swell the RA with your members same as ADN did long ago. They were ousted because they were trying to influence the government. Your no better...but it is expected.

BW...you admitted publicly that you attempted to take the region by force...yet your sitting here talking about the good of the region? please....your here for your own selfish desires and that of the invaders that follow u.

Other than Felasia...how many active defenders do we have in this forum? Few....yet they are trying to control everything...right...tell me another funny one. No matter how much BS you pile up...u can't cover the truth.

Speaking for myself...I understand that times have changed and we cannot continue to shun invaders in our region. I would have no problems with an invader group in TNP...as long as it is not a government body. Have your Wolves of the North...but respect our tradition. If you respect anything at all and are truly here for the good of the region...which I highly doubt.

The Invader/Defender game is dead...and if your so interested in doing what is best for the region...remove all references to Defending/Invading from the NPA...make it a standing Army...and remain in the region. Not the first time I suggested this. I no longer defend and support our delegate with my WA. But I doubt your willing to do this...as your interest lay elsewhere...which is my point. You can paint and cover your ideals all u want with words...I see lil action in proving that your words and actions are in the best interest of the region. You think invading will make TNP active...please...warring always does that...that doesn't mean we go out and start trouble for the sake of activity, fun...or Lulz as some people like to call it.

Of course, that's supposed to sorta be the NPIA's job, but considering that it too is controlled by defenders who are more bound to an ideology than a region, I suspect it has the same people running it.
I do believe your speaking out your arse sir. The NPIA has and always will be controlled by Natives and proven members of this region. Take your assumptions elsewhere.

P.S. Gov your statements aren't helping the matter. The lines of Defender/Invader have been blurred often...it is not that simple. Invaders have and will endorse a native who is either a plant or a turncoat.

The problem is not the active defenders, its the inactive members with anti-raider credentials in the military.

Frankly, if the NPA was defending on a daily basis I'd be happier than I am now. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I agree that the military should be a simple standing army that has no place for politics of raiding and defending, and should be able to undertake defensive or offensive missions as necessary for regional security without the accusations of doing so in the spirit of either raiding or defending.

However, I do think that this military should be open to all members, and I don't think someone calling themselves an "Invader Murderer" really has a neutral standpoint on this matter.

While I have primarily been a raider, I have defended on a number of occasions, and most of the raiders here in TNP have done so as well. As many know, the LWU has defended the regional sovereignty of Lazarus many times, even at times when most of the government was defender-aligned.

As to the recent invasion of Lazarus, the LWU had nothing to do with it, and I had been attempting to sabotage its efforts from the inside until my cover was blown by a certain former rogue delegate of this region in a petty attempt to soil my reputation.

Whoa, tangent. Anyways, I would sincerely suggest we get some activity around here, and soon.

The problem right now isn't about whether the NPA is defender or invaders, but it is about the inactive of the Minister. No offense, but he needs to be removed and replace with more active people. (Can be either defender or raiders.)

Or if this is unacceptable to have a minister that is on one side of the field then Co-Minister might be more appropriate, One Defender and One Raider. I believe that the current policy of NPA is neutral anyway.

I second that opinion. I'm fairly neutral on the Invader vs Defender thing. I've done some of both. But I'm strongly in favor of an active army. Standing armies are a lot more fun than sitting armies.

I was tagged the Invader Murderer by one of your own and am rather fond of my War Title. But everyone knows I am TNP first and foremost. Neutrality is what I am asking for...and what I have asked for years ago.

I do not approve of the insurgence of RA members that are strictly Invader and of other influences. If you seriously think that we are not keeping tracks of these groups trying to influence the Gov...think again. These actions are no better than what the ADN or Lexi have done in the past. I could do the same u know...but would prefer to have some level of loyalty, respect and honor for this regions Gov. Your WA plants are well known too....the Usual Suspects....so I'll keep u on your toes.

If you guys want to help and make changes, improve things for the betterment of the region...this thread isn't the place to do it. The RA halls are. Gets to work! and ummm...that doesn't mean simply voting for your Invader friends running for positions. Your making this too obvious...I'm rather disappointed! :rofl:

All I'm saying is that the current culture prevents the region's most active members from serving TNP's defense, while encouraging inactivity from the very top of the hierarchy on down.
I would have to agree with that. The very mechanics of things tends to encourage nations to remain in a given region in order to accumulate 'influence'. By necessity, the result is that a handful of nations become necessary fixtures in order to secure the region against rogue delegates and invaders who would be otherwise incapable of ejecting nations.

Oh, I get it. You think that raiders have a concerted plan to take over the government.

Well, I can't speak for the Catlandtopia guys, but I know that every LWU member here in TNP has blatantly admitted to being in the Wolves. There are no secret raider "plants" because none of us are denying being raiders.

Now, as for us trying to influence the government, I'd like to point out there's representatives from several raiding factions here in TNP. Raiders do not collaborate that well and are often in direct competition with each other. The only reason why raiders vote for raiders is simply a matter of political grouping- Much like in real life, people tend to group themselves with those who are similar in one way or another, not because they plan to, but as an organic process.

This means that in TNP, for example, raiders tend to vote for raiders, defenders tend to vote for defenders, Crimsonites tend to vote for each other or people with similar views on delegateship, and "Old Guard" tend to vote for "Old Guard" (although there are not that many "Old Guard" currently in government anymore, so that is a more historical reference) and so forth. There are no grand schemes at work in any of these circumstances, simply political demographics.

Oh, I get it. You think that raiders have a concerted plan to take over the government.

Well, I can't speak for the Catlandtopia guys,
But i can!

NS must change to survive, this has nothing to do with CLT, LWU or anyone else, and there is absolutly no ulterior motives to being here, TNP already has a large userbase from other regions. There are no raiders, no fenders left, not in the real sense anyway.

This is about activity! Where is the cabinet? (a month after an election) You will all complain when this region stagnates, lets do something about it.

Ohhh Khark lets start a political party :P :rofl:

No I am not saying starting a political party is undemocratic, though if seen so it has to be FORCED... democratic :lol:

I don't know about those raider defender stuff but the only thing I want to underline is that nobody owns TNP and can not shape it whatever they like to be...

We all have to be active in here if we want this region prevail. I personally enjoy being here and actively participating, but there are hundreds of nations whom doesn't have any idea of our forum... Thats the point....!!!!!!

Several pertinent points:

1. Political parties have been tried here, and failed spectacularly. Most TNP'ers would rather choose the person rather than a slate.

2. Let's put away the disproven claim that NS must change and pointing to the off-site forum to manufacture activity. If the April Fools non-joke showed anything, it showed that Max and the game mods play a far more important role in generating activity than any of us can off-site. There are other things that dictate activity levels during the course of a year, which generally relate to RL -- the calendar, the schedule of lives around school or work, unexpected RL events ,etc., etc., etc.,

3. For you relatively recent arrivals here, please consider that every time we've had a delegate go rogue or move outside of accepted constitutional structures, the level of activity ends up declining even further. If anything is to be drawn from this, it is the need for regional stability within generally accepted norms and not instability created by a misimpression that chaos is better. That isn't necessarily the case, and our regional history points that out..

but the only thing I want to underline is that nobody owns TNP and can not shape it whatever they like to be...

We all have to be active in here if we want this region prevail. I personally enjoy being here and actively participating, but there are hundreds of nations whom doesn't have any idea of our forum... Thats the point....!!!!!!
Wait...how active are you? right....hollow words. Just a few weeks ago your post count was at what...5? and u have how many endoes? and still tarting a bit? A newbie with such tarting skills and yet you have the regions best interest in mind...right. :lol:

TNP is a region in NS...this forum represents the group of members from it that come together to get more involved in regional politics. If that's you...great...nice to have you. But I really haven't seen that from you...I could be mistaken. And your welcome to prove me wrong...get active in the RA (outside of voting for friends), start discussions, recruit, join the NPA and dip corps....talk to new members....these are just a few examples of areas where u can get active in.

So, your wrong and right...the community here may not own TNP...but our activity here (to be clear...we as in TNP members who participate in the forum) does shape it.

We have thousands of nations....rather more like hundreds of WA's with puppets. Forum URL has always been a fixture in the RMB. People know about it...they just choose not to get involved!!!!

I invented the !!!! by the way...Polts just ran with it!! lol..and the "......" lol

I think Gross made a good point in regards to your activity theory King Ross. Everyone knows recruitment is what keeps a region active. Even a feeder. Your from CLT...a UCR...u should know that.

The only point i was making is that we are overdue a cabinet, seeing as elections were a month ago, i know that RL activity has limited this.

Gross not one person here has said anyone is planning to go rogue.

If you have an active delegate and cabinet then departments will bolster.

Of course i am aware of recruitment and its difficulties, this should be eaiser here because of the pure size and status of the region.

And finally, in regards to NS activity. The game is declining like it or not, and we do need to do something about it.

I hope to be part of TNP for a long time and become as involved as possible.

KR

I hope to be part of TNP for a long time and become as involved as possible.
I sincerely hope so.

Elu is having some trouble getting online. That has been posted already. I am sure we will act if he doesn't return sooner than later.

NS2 Beta is coming out soon (i mean really soon) so activity in NS1 should increase.

Ohhh Khark lets start a political party :P  :rofl:
Are those legal here?
They're legal but the reason why political parties began is because political bodies became so big that one voice was soon drowned out. TNP doesn't have 50 million voices, that and the fact that no one here follows the party line 100% has made the power of individual that much more powerful.

Cathhy, Insane Power, and Polty made one. Went off the wayside though since no matter the name change, it was still run by Cathhy, Insane Power, and Polty.

Back