My loyalty to the Crimson Order and the North

Nationstates is in decline- that's clear. What's less clear is what is causing this decline; many well respected people have come with various theories, some of which have real merit. However, I have my own theory. Currently, Nationstates simply isn't that interesting. An elitist group of players are doing everything they can to cling to power, as others are doing their best to maintain the status quo.

The system is broken- it rewards the inactive old guard and inevitably leads to regional death in regions like my Dear TNP. At the same time, groups like the FRA actively defend founderless regions, whose founders apparently didn't care enough to take care of their nation, and by extension their region. These regions "founderless" regions need to be freed from their current state and refounded. Not by imperialist defenders, though, but by the proactive, iconoclast forces of progress. We are those forces embodied in an organization and a fighting army.

In TNP, a group of old guard players actively suppress change, slowly killing their regions while at the same time desperately clinging to power. Several large player created regions dominate interregional politics.

Into this environment steps the The Crimson Order. We intend to bring back the activity and interest to Nationstates, while simultaneously fighting the elitists and hypocrites that have kept the smaller regions down. At the same time, we intend to destroy the blight of dead regions, as well as combat RMB spammers who make the game unpleasant for everyone.

Yes, the defenders must keep some regions founderless- if they were all active and revitalized, defenders would have no purpose and no fodder for their imperialist ambitions! They speak of sovereignty, but this is but a ruse.

Obviously, not all defending is bad- we have allies who may be attacked and need our aid. However, the concerted effort to prevent the revitalization and rebirth of regions, "defending" as practiced by TITO and FRA among others, is partially the cause of the current stagnation.

Who are our allies? All progressive and proactive forces of NS! We accept anyone who isn't a forum destroyer or similar criminal into our group, and welcome all political exiles from the elite into our ranks and alliance. All the tiny regions struggling to survive in this environment and everyone fighting the old system.

As leader of the REAPERS, I hereby pledge my group's loyalty and fealty to the Crimson Order!

Here's to a new day in the North, and a new era in Nationstates!

Hassa San,

Kharkistania

Founder of REAPERS

If this is the best direction for the region, why didn't y'all put it to a vote? You know a "because I know best" attitude from the government will never fly here. Even if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread, if it's forced down our throats, we ain't going to swallow it.

An elitist group of players are doing everything they can to cling to power, as others are doing their best to maintain the status quo.

And this coup is completely different how khark? the 'New Crimson Order' is basically just another (wannabe) elitist group...

Also, your point about the FRA and defending as the cause for the death of NS, no, the cause of the death of NS is people trying to force others to play the game tehir way, aka you and your 'Reapers'

Of which has been a massive success...

The system is broken- it rewards the inactive old guard and inevitably leads to regional death in regions like my Dear TNP. At the same time, groups like the FRA actively defend founderless regions, whose founders apparently didn't care enough to take care of their nation, and by extension their region. These regions "founderless" regions need to be freed from their current state and refounded. Not by imperialist defenders, though, but by the proactive, iconoclast forces of progress. We are those forces embodied in an organization and a fighting army.

Obviously, not all defending is bad- we have allies who may be attacked and need our aid. However, the concerted effort to prevent the revitalization and rebirth of regions, "defending" as practiced by TITO and FRA among others, is partially the cause of the current stagnation.
*yawns*

So your logic works like this... someone founds a region. They build up a region, invite lots of people there. Then, they become inactive, and CTE. Those natives of the region must be punished for their founder becoming inactive, and they should be forcibly relocated to The Rejected Realms, where they will obviously move on to a new, active region.

:no:

Nationstates is in decline- that's clear. What's less clear is what is causing this decline; many well respected people have come with various theories, some of which have real merit. However, I have my own theory. Currently, Nationstates simply isn't that interesting. An elitist group of players are doing everything they can to cling to power, as others are doing their best to maintain the status quo.

In TNP, a group of old guard players actively suppress change, slowly killing their regions while at the same time desperately clinging to power. Several large player created regions dominate interregional politics.

Into this environment steps the The Crimson Order. We intend to bring back the activity and interest to Nationstates, while simultaneously fighting the elitists and hypocrites that have kept the smaller regions down. At the same time, we intend to destroy the blight of dead regions, as well as combat RMB spammers who make the game unpleasant for everyone.

Yes, the defenders must keep some regions founderless- if they were all active and revitalized, defenders would have no purpose and no fodder for their imperialist ambitions! They speak of sovereignty, but this is but a ruse.

Who are our allies? All progressive and proactive forces of NS! We accept anyone who isn't a forum destroyer or similar criminal into our group, and welcome all political exiles from the elite into our ranks and alliance. All the tiny regions struggling to survive in this environment and everyone fighting the old system.

As leader of the REAPERS, I hereby pledge my group's loyalty and fealty to the Crimson Order!

Here's to a new day in the North, and a new era in Nationstates!

Hassa San,

Kharkistania

Founder of REAPERS
Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

What's pathetic is the stranglehold that the Old Guard keeps on the North Pacific.

You don't care about the North, you only care about maintaining your power even if it kills the region. That is what is truly pathetic.

What's pathetic is the stranglehold that the Old Guard keeps on the North Pacific.

You don't care about the North, you only care about maintaining your power even if it kills the region. That is what is truly pathetic.
Look, sonny, I largely keep my nose out of things and I take personal offense at anyone who even hints at me being involved in powermongering like the crudball dictator rogue delegate.

I have been in The North Pacific since the very beginning. I have fought against every single rogue and tyrant that has come down the pike. I have been on the winning side in the fight for Democracy and Freedom every single time. What silly notion do you have that I won't be in the winning side again?

What you fail to understand is that I and others here have the tenacity to hang on forever if needs be. Usurping dictators come and go, but true patriots are eternal.

Not once have I ever pursued the position of Delegate. Frankly, I don't want the position. This time, however, I am changing this position. I am going to seek the Delegacy with every breath of my body.

Why? Because I am stinking fed-up with rogue delegates. I trusted L&G to be a good Delegate and was betrayed. I tend to take betrayal very personally and betrayal of the region even more so.

I fully intend to become Delegate, so help me GOD, and reestablish a democratic government in this government.

I've had enough crap from rogue usurpers and by God I will fight them to the end and beyond if possible.

Don't believe me in my convictions? Just try me.

*slow claps*

Very nice speech, Roman. Really. It was inspiring, and most of all, I had a good laugh.

But the real question is this: what gives you authority to go against the will of the people you claim to represent, hmm? They voted for the delegate, and he's doing his job as delegate.

No, your problem isn't "democracy is being destroyed" (because it isn't!), your problem is that someone has threatened to remove you and people like you from power. You're frightened that TNP is about to slip away from your stranglehold. You're afraid that TNP will start to see through your tripe and propaganda.

Look at who you have on your side: the same Old Guard that's helping keep the stranglehold. The same Old Guard that's been killing TNP. The same Old Guard that is afraid of change because they might just have to give up their power.

You don't care about democracy. You don't care about the North Pacific. You only care about your own power.

You, sir, are pathetic and you disgust me.

:eyebrow:

I must say I dislike the term 'old guard'; it assumes, or at least insinuates, that longevity = evil power hungry swine.

I'll have you know that some of us are not remotely power hungry and mostly prefer to take the piss.

Thank you Syd.

Not once have I ever sought the Delegacy in any serious manner. This time, however, I think it's time I do so, but I will only do so under the constraints of a proper Constitution and vow to obey that Constitution unlike the rogue L&G.

And in the event that someone more trusted to not go rogue comes along, I would gladly step down in their favor.

R

You guys need to learn how to chill out. The way you're acting none of you deserve to even belong in any kind of government.

Maintain your decorum.

You guys need to learn how to chill out. The way you're acting none of you deserve to even belong in any kind of government.

Maintain your decorum.
It's hard to maintain any decorum when in a herd of dictator supporting curr-dogs. You see, thugs and dictators only know one thing and that is being beat over the head with a pointy stick. :lol:

What is crimson about the crimson order?

No really, I want to know. I can get everything else, its the same arguement everyone uses, but why crimson? why not blue, yellow or green? Or cyan, or magenta, or maybe even indigo? I could even dig a magnolia order, after all, everything goes with it (although depending on how much they paid for the pot of paint, it might be the eggshell white order, or the vanilla sunrise order instead). And although I feel a crimson order would clash with my skin tone, I could still go with one, but I'd like to know why.

It is an embarrassing rash. We do not talk about it But as the cream starts to work, it will slowly become the "less inflamed red" order, the "slightly pinkish" order and finally the "gosh, it hardly looks swollen at all" order.

Until that time, make sure you wear a condom.

I could never follow someone who so cruelly imposes their personal taste on me.

Trust me, this is just the first step. Once the crimson is in place, we'll have to change the curtains because they don't go. Then the carpets not right, and actually wood flooring would better suit the region. And once we've spent what feels like an eternity sorting that out, its just another excuse to spend twice as long trying to find rugs that go with a crimson order and matching curtains and wood flooring. Before we know it we'll have scatter cushions and throws everywhere.

I could never follow someone who so cruelly imposes their personal taste on me.

Trust me, this is just the first step. Once the crimson is in place, we'll have to change the curtains because they don't go. Then the carpets not right, and actually wood flooring would better suit the region. And once we've spent what feels like an eternity sorting that out, its just another excuse to spend twice as long trying to find rugs that go with a crimson order and matching curtains and wood flooring. Before we know it we'll have scatter cushions and throws everywhere.
Good God! That sounds like a home-owners' association to me!

That's scary. Really scary, Gross.

And I thought I had a twisted sense of humor! :lol:

I am fighting Westwind, but be it known for future reference I will fight TO THE DEATH any delegate who introduces chintz.

^ this!!

And, no, I'm not part of the Crimson whatsits!! I just agree with this statement!!

You don't care about the North, you only care about maintaining your power even if it kills the region.  That is what is truly pathetic.
^ this!!

And, no, I'm not part of the Crimson whatsits!! I just agree with this statement!!
Hey, Poltsy - You've been around here for a long time. In fact much, much longer than the Krimson Kriminal...

That means you too are part of the "Old Guard"!

;D

Back