Defence and Security Policy

Dalimbar

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Despot
-
TNP Nation
Angel of Wine
Well folks, I know a few of my Cabinet colleagues have seen this Defence and Security Policy speech as I was working on it last night, yet I feel inclined to present it here prior to releasing it publicly in the Office for Defence and Security later today. I am hopeful that all public comment on this speech will not occur until after the public announcement is made, though, I shouldn't have to say that, right?

Good day,

There is a necessity to address a few matters before further work can commence within this sphere of our government. These are things I believe are of great importance to many in our region.

To begin, the Ministry of Defence and Security recognizes the state of the world we are facing. While out in the public eye there seems to be little activity that is of concern to our region, the undercurrents and whispers say differently. However, on the home front, we still face old foes—spammers and saboteurs—that work day in and day out to drain our region of potential allies and friends. They infringe on our sovereignty and hinder our abilities to use venues that are in TNP soil. To the Ministry of Defence and Security, this is no longer acceptable. We will also not allow for foreign elements, no matter whom they think they are, to get away with threatening our region or plotting against it. Ideologies and doctrines of thought will no longer hinder the Government when it comes to the defence of our region and our allies. We will act on a case-by-case basis to ensure that our region is safe for all North Pacificans.

In continuation with the above thought, it must be stressed that we must work together to ensure that our homes remain safe and secure. As such, I am hopeful that, should you know of any information that could help the Ministry of Defence and Security do its job in protecting the region, you would kindly tell us of it. We do permit anonymous reports to be filed, and we will make sure your information, no matter the size or scope of it, will help the region out.

I believe it is imperative to modernize our systems of security while we have the opportunity. While this may usurp tradition, it is necessary to move forward and be ahead of those who may attempt to bring harm to us. As such, the North Pacific Army and the North Pacific Intelligence Agency are to be disbanded. The Regional Defence Forces (RDF) will handle both spheres, under the direct administration of the Minister of Defence and Security. I wish to apologize in advance to all members and applicants for the NPA and the Recruitment Corps, yet a centralized application centre will be up and running shortly.

Thank you,
Dalimbar.

Back