Northern Reintegration Appeals

The North Pacific has changed. There is a new constitution, new laws, new people - same kvetching, but that's a constant in NationStates. One thing that is often forgotten is that people change. A traitor can become a patriot and a vice versa. I will use Fulhead as an example. Fulhead was once a criminal but now he's...Fulhead.

All that is required is the chance and the will to be reintegrated. It is with that idea in mind that I announce that all nations who have had charges levied against them by the Attorney General, past or present, are permitted to come to my office to have their cases reviewed. If they meet the criteria, I will drop the past charges and they will receive a formal apology from the Attorney General's Office.

You must meet at least two of the following:
  • Lengthy and drawn-out trial
  • Ejected from The North Pacific
  • Have made positive contributions to an adopted region*
Your case will not be considered if you:
  • Have violated the invisionfree TOS
  • Have been involved in forum griefing
  • Confuse its with it's
-NK
Attorney General of The North Pacific

*In some cases may require a letter of recommendation from a member of that region

Ooh ooh. A chance to revisit old sores:

I have been put on trial many times, and ejected from TNP hundreds of times, by various rogue delegates. In the following posts I will outline all of these occasions, including my famous "two minute trial" and my ejections by Emperor Matthuis and Great Bight. But for starters I would like to receive an apology for the following:

In February 2005 I was put on trial by the minister of liberty (I think it was Cathyy at the time), trying me under the old NPD Codex. My trial was long and protracted, and I was not given the opportunity to properly defend myself. My challenges to the legality of the proceedings were summarily overruled. I was found guilty and ejected.

This left me traumatised, unable to sleep and prone to bed wetting. I still find myself sobbing sometimes to myself, distracted at work and prone to deep periods of melancholy.

I call on the attorney general to condemn the actions against my person by Ivan Moldavi, then styled "the Minister" and the then minister of Liberty, and to apologise on behalf of the region to me. It would be nice if you would also wear a hair shirt for a week.

It meets all three of the criteria outlined above: Proceedings were drawn out, I was ejected at the time and I have made significant contributions in TNP and Taijitu since then.

I can provide for the AJ transcripts of the proceedings and other pertinent threads. I do warn you it runs to about 19 pages of a4 on Microsoft word.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Writ of Coram Nobis, No. 01

On behalf of The North Pacific, the Office of the Attorney General apologizes for the multiple ejections and protracted trials of flemingovia during the turbulent delegacies of the North Pacific Directorate, Great Bight and Emperor Matthuis. His service to the region proves his loyalty and commitment and as a result has been fully reintegrated into The North Pacific. On this day, 17 January 2008, the OAG officially expunges flemingovia’s criminal record.

-New Kervoskia
Attorney General of TNP

I won’t, however, wear a hair shirt because I don’t even wear pants.

Hey, Limited Events wants an apology for banning.

Give this to him.

Writ of Coram Nobis No. 2

Since his expulsion from The North Pacific, the nation Limitless Events, aka Activini, has been a productive member of numerous regions including Taijitu, The Pacific and The West Pacific. During his tenure in these regions he never engaged in treason, illegal espionage or fraud.  Limitless Events poses no threat to the sovereignty and security of the region.  He is fit for reintegration so on this day, 18 January 2008, the OAG officially expunges Limitless Events’s criminal record.

-New Kervoskia
Attorney General of TNP

It would be nice if you would also wear a hair shirt for a week.
What's a "hair shirt"? Is that anything like wool?

Also, what's a "Limited Events"? Is that anything like a scapegoat?

Finally, can you get wool from a scapegoat and if so could you get enough to make a hair shirt?

New Kervoskia, I do have a problem with your action with respect to Limitless Events. His actions violated the privacy of information of forum members, and the evidence presented to Flemingovia documented those violations. This condctt on his part constituted a violation of the Terms of Service that govern these forums, and he is, therefore, not eligible under the posted terms of your program.

New Kervoskia, I do have a problem with your action with respect to Limitless Events.  His actions violated the privacy of information of forum members, and the evidence presented to Flemingovia documented those violations.  This condctt on his part constituted a violation of the Terms of Service that govern these forums, and he is, therefore, not eligible under the posted terms of your program.
I will review it, but until I find a strong evidence to the contrary, his Certificate of C. N. stands.

His actions violated the privacy of information of forum members, and the evidence presented to Flemingovia documented those violations. This condctt on his part constituted a violation of the Terms of Service that govern these forums, and he is, therefore, not eligible under the posted terms of your program.
Limitless' unauthorized forum ban makes any disputes to that claim somewhat one sided, don’t you think?

You are incorrect, BW.

The responsibility of forum administrators and global moderators are to enforce the TOS.

Further, the forum ban was upheld by both the Cabinet of the day and the Security Council, both of which had authority to act.

And don't forget there was documented evidence of the misconduct.

If you feel uncomfortable with that responsibility, withdrawal of what moderator powers that you have with your current position can be arranged.

Regardless, Limitless Events poses no threat to the region. If it is true that he committed the aforementioned acts, then the social stigma caused by his actions will naturally restrict him. He has served a long sentence and it is time we allow him to be reintegrated into TNP. It will be a step forward.

BW & Gross,

I will restrain both of you if you don't refrain from arguing.
Actually I don't really mind, but I suppose I have to maintain some semblance of order.

No it is not a threat. It is merely an observation that if BW has an issue with acceptng and following his responsibility in the use of moderator powers, I have no problem with alleviating it.

I should remind all of you that Limi openly acknowledged that he engaged in a evasion of the forum ban in February of last year by using a different forum user account. Under the precedent set by Hersfold as Root Admin with both Cathhy and Insane Power, that's sufficient by itself to invoke a permanent ban.

Ha! You ninny! So your not going to go after Limi for all that other stuff you illegally banned him for your going to bitch and gripe about the fact he tried to circumnavigate the illegal ban? Twit.

IP and Cathyy were banned because they flamed the crap out of people on the forums, something Limi never did, you authoritarian nutcase.

I have no issue with accepting my responsibility as a Moderator, but perhaps you should re-evaluate your duty as an Admin the next time you illegally censor someone. Oh, wait, never mind, you think censoring those who have viewpoints opposing your own is simply good Admin practice.

Why don't you go visit old blue and have a banning contest with Twoslit Experiment?

This behavior does not become either of you. Kindly refrain from this pissing match.

NK is fully within his authority here. Allow him the opportunity to review any relevent information, as he has stated. If you have relevent information, provide it. The rest is opinion and rhetoric.

Grosseschnauzer, BW's statement was protected free speech, and you followed that with a threat/promise. That is not proper and as a stickler for the letter of the law, you know this. Please do not abuse your position.

Back