Regional Update

Westwind

TNPer
-
Here's a new update, with a holiday banner. Let me know if there are any additions/subtractions/rewrites/corrections/et al.

tnp-holiday-update.jpg

The North Pacific Update
20 December, 2007

UN Delegate: The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
Regional Power: Extremely High
The North Pacific contains 3,680 nations.

Sf-1.gif
The North Pacific Regional Assembly

Activity has been stirring in the RA, with voting underway to enable elections in light of the new Constitution. Some of the issues currently under disscusion include:

- A proposal to allow the RA a 60% supermajority vote to block the UN Delegate's Cabinet apointments.

- A proposal to set an election schedule under the new Constitution.

- A proposed proxy server usage law.

- A proposal to set policies and procedures for RA registration and membership.

- A proposal to remove the Sedition clause from the Legal Code.

- A proposal to empower RA members to call for expulsion of a TNP member.

The RA is also discussing which Cabinet positions the regions needs, with Defense, External Affairs, Internal Affairs, and Justice being the primary areas being considered.

Sf-1.gif
Elections

Outer Kharkistania has been appointed as Election Commisioner by the Delegate, and the legislation concurrently under vote also appoints him to this same post.

Nominations and Campaigns have begun in the region, with the follow candidates having announced thus far:

For UN Delegate:
Lewis and Clark
Galapagos Isle
John Ashcroft Land

For Speaker of the Regional Assembly:
Grosseschnauzer
Poltsamaa

For the Council of Lower Officers (aka CLO - there are Three positions available):
Mr Sniffles
Apollo-Industria
FALCONKATS
Joshua
Romanoffia

There appear to be some.....additional candidacies:

"I nominate myself for ELO." - New Kervoskia
"I nominate myself for Supreme Rocker." - Rocketman

Both of their candidacies have been seconded.

Sf-1.gif
General Announcements

TNP Administrators are hard at work implimenting some of the changes needed in light of the new Constitution. So if things seem a bit different, or your favorite forum seems to have moved of it's own volition, don't worry.

Renovations and reorganization are expected to continue until the new government has been formed and organized.

Sf-1.gif
The UN Delegate

As the first executive act of the UN Delegate under the new Constitution, Great Bights Mum created the office of Secretary of State. The new office has been assigned these tasks:

TGing the entire region
Continuing TG campaigns to new nations
NPA Recruitment
Welcoming new members to the forum
Channeling new members into positions suiting their interests
Taking ownership of the RMB
Coordinatng activities with the Delegate, the MIIA (or whatever that will be called), the NPA, the Speaker of the RA, the TNPU Chancellor, and any special events director on an ad hoc basis.

HEM volunteered and was accepted for the postion. Join us in congratulating Secretary of State HEM, and thanking him for his dedication to TNP. He has already begun the establishment of a committee to work on accomplishing these tasks, with several having signed up already.

- UN Resolutions

Few votes were cast for recent UN Resolutions, and one even resulted in a tie vote. The Delegate voted as noted:

Fairness and Equalty Act
2- 2-1
I don't like it. My small business sector doesn't like it. I'm voting Nay.

- Repeal "End Slavery"
2 -1
It's a record low turn-out. 2-1. I shall vote for the repeal.

Sf-1.gif
Ministry of External Affairs

The MoEA has made new Ambassadorial assignments and efforts are underway to clean out the dust in our Embassies across NationStates. Ambassadors have been advised to be catious during the clean up, and avoid contact with anything....unseemly.

A new Embassy was opened with Lone Wolves United, and a request has been made to open an Embassy with 000 A world power.

Sf-1.gif
Ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs

The MoIIA cleared ShaKHaA for Regional Assembly membership, while requesting additional information from other pending applicants.

The region welcomes the return of Kumiko, however her attempt to claim the Ministership was dashed by Flem, who suggested she attempt to 'muscle in' one of the vacant Ministries.

Sf-1.gif
Quotes

Kumiko: I have returned, and my purpose is clear. Fear ye all, enemies of my home, for the region trembles as my foot steps upon it once more.

Lewis and Clark: Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The reproductive habits of currency.
HEM: Indeed, how do you think Bill Gates got so rich?
IndieGirl: Pimping in the Netherlands?

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Okay, I presume there are no corrections/additions/etc, so here is the code:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/tnp-holiday-update.jpg[/IMG]

[b][SIZE=4]The North Pacific Update[/SIZE]
20 December, 2007[/b]
[b]UN Delegate:[/b] The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
[b]Regional Power:[/b] Extremely High

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]The North Pacific Regional Assembly[/b][/u]

Activity has been stirring in the RA, with voting underway to enable elections in light of the new Constitution.  Some of the issues currently under disscusion include:

- A proposal to allow the RA a 60% supermajority vote to block the UN Delegate's Cabinet apointments.

The RA is also discussing which Cabinet positions the regions needs, with Defense, External Affairs, Internal Affairs, and Justice being the primary areas being considered.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Elections[/b][/u]

Outer Kharkistania has been appointed as Election Commisioner by the Delegate, and the legislation concurrently under vote also appoints him to this same post.

Nominations and Campaigns have begun in the region, with the follow candidates having announced thus far:

[u]For UN Delegate:[/u]
Lewis and Clark
Galapagos Isle
John Ashcroft Land

[u]For Speaker of the Regional Assembly:[/u]
Grosseschnauzer
Poltsamaa

[u]For the Council of Lower Officers (aka CLO - there are Three positions available):[/u]
Mr Sniffles
Apollo-Industria
FALCONKATS
Joshua
Romanoffia

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [b][u]General Announcements[/u][/b]

TNP Administrators are hard at work implimenting some of the changes needed in light of the new Constitution.  So if things seem a bit different, or your favorite forum seems to have moved of it's own volition, don't worry.

Renovations and reorganization are expected to continue until the new government has been formed and organized.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b] The UN Delegate[/b][/u]

As the first executive act of the UN Delegate under the new Constitution, Great Bights Mum created the office of Secretary of State.  The new office has been assigned these tasks:

TGing the entire region
NPA Recruitment
Coordinatng activities with the Delegate, the MIIA (or whatever that will be called), the NPA, the Speaker of the RA, the TNPU Chancellor, and any special events director on an ad hoc basis.

HEM volunteered and was accepted for the postion.  Join us in congratulating Secretary of State HEM, and thanking him for his dedication to TNP.  He has already begun the establishment of a committee to work on accomplishing these tasks, with several having signed up already.

- [u]UN Resolutions[/u]

Few votes were cast for recent UN Resolutions, and one even resulted in a tie vote.  The Delegate voted as noted:

Fairness and Equalty Act 
2- 2-1
[QUOTE]I don't like it. My small business sector doesn't like it. I'm voting Nay. [/QUOTE]

- Repeal "End Slavery"
2 -1
[QUOTE]It's a record low turn-out. 2-1. I shall vote for the repeal. [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Ministry of External Affairs[/b][/u]

The MoEA has made new Ambassadorial assignments and efforts are underway to clean out the dust in our Embassies across NationStates.  Ambassadors have been advised to be catious during the clean up, and avoid contact with anything....unseemly.

A new Embassy was opened with Lone Wolves United, and a request has been made to open an Embassy with 000 A world power.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs[/b][/u]

The MoIIA cleared ShaKHaA for Regional Assembly membership, while requesting additional information from other pending applicants.

The region welcomes the return of Kumiko, however her attempt to claim the Ministership was dashed by Flem, who suggested she attempt to 'muscle in' one of the vacant Ministries.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Quotes[/b][/u]

[QUOTE][u]Kumiko:[/u] I have returned, and my purpose is clear. Fear ye all, enemies of my home, for the region trembles as my foot steps upon it once more.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][u]Lewis and Clark:[/u] Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The reproductive habits of currency. 
[u]HEM:[/u] Indeed, how do you think Bill Gates got so rich? 
[u]IndieGirl:[/u] Pimping in the Netherlands? [/QUOTE]

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update

tnp-holiday-update.jpg

The North Pacific Update
20 December, 2007

UN Delegate: The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
Regional Power: Extremely High

Sf-1.gif
The North Pacific Regional Assembly

Activity has been stirring in the RA, with voting underway to enable elections in light of the new Constitution.  Some of the issues currently under discussion include:

- A proposal to allow the RA a 60% supermajority vote to block the UN Delegate's Cabinet appointments.

Sf-1.gif
Elections

Outer Kharkistania has been appointed as Election Commissioner by the Delegate, and the legislation concurrently under vote also appoints him to this same post.

For UN Delegate:
Lewis and Clark
Galapagos Isle
John Ashcroft Land

For Speaker of the Regional Assembly:
Grosseschnauzer
Poltsamaa

For the Council of Lower Officers (aka CLO - there are Three positions available):
Mr Sniffles
Apollo-Industria
FALCONKATS
Joshua
Romanoffia

Sf-1.gif
General Announcements

TNP Administrators are hard at work implimenting some of the changes needed in light of the new Constitution.  So if things seem a bit different, or your favorite forum seems to have moved of it's own volition, don't worry.

Sf-1.gif
The UN Delegate

As the first executive act of the UN Delegate under the new Constitution, Great Bights Mum created the office of Secretary of State. The new office has been assigned these tasks:

TGing the entire region
NPA Recruitment

HEM volunteered and was accepted for the position.  Join us in congratulating Secretary of State HEM, and thanking him for his dedication to TNP.  He has already begun the establishment of a committee to work on accomplishing these tasks, with several having signed up already.

- UN Resolutions

Few votes were cast for recent UN Resolutions, and one even resulted in a tie vote.  The Delegate voted as noted:

Fairness and Equalty Act
2- 2-1
I don't like it. My small business sector doesn't like it. I'm voting Nay.

- Repeal "End Slavery"
2 -1
It's a record low turn-out. 2-1. I shall vote for the repeal.

Sf-1.gif
Ministry of External Affairs

The MoEA has made new Ambassadorial assignments and efforts are underway to clean out the dust in our Embassies across NationStates. Ambassadors have been advised to be catious during the clean up, and avoid contact with anything....unseemly.

Sf-1.gif
Ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs

Sf-1.gif
Quotes

Kumiko: I have returned, and my purpose is clear. Fear ye all, enemies of my home, for the region trembles as my foot steps upon it once more.

Lewis and Clark: Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The reproductive habits of currency.
HEM: Indeed, how do you think Bill Gates got so rich?
IndieGirl: Pimping in the Netherlands?

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update.

Oh, Kumiko is a she. Well, she has a very male attitude towards power, I guess.
I corrected some minor stuff again, an i there, an s here...

Dear fellow diplomats, post this in your assigned region, thanks!

I know she is a she...that's why I said 'her' in the update :P

BTW, Falconkats, the image link is missing the first bracket - [
in your post in TWP. Might want to fix that.

Back