Greetings from Ityrum!

ITYRUM
ityrum.png

Founded: Dec. 1, 2007
Regional Forums: [Click Here]

Since the fine folks at TNP were kind enough to create this section especially for userites, I thought I'd take a moment to tell everyone about Ityrum, a region I've helped found. In just one day of recruitment, we've attained a population of nearly twenty members, twelve of whom are registered on our offsite forums (all without RMB spamming, I might add ;) ).

Ityrum has grown so quickly because we aren't like other user-created regions. We weren't founded as an ego-trip for the founding nation, a little playground for a would-be despot. We weren't founded with the vague intent of gaining "power," whatever that really even means. We were founded to create an active, dynamic community that combines the best gameplay elements of NS to produce a genuinely fun, fresh experience.

Ityrum's one-of-a-kind government structure aims to create just that. Members who join our regional forums will be invited to join a number of councils, each responsible for a specific aspect of regional governance (foreign affairs, internal affairs, etc). These councils are internally self-governing, have the sole power to pass legislation that relates to their area of expertise, and elect a Director to represent them. Overseeing the activities of all the councils is the popularly elected Chairman, who encourages cooperation between the councils, holds veto power over passed legislation, and chairs Directorate meetings to help fuse the councils' activities into coherent policy.

We are still in the process of drafting our regional constitution, so you still have the opportunity to become a "founding father" of our region. On top of our unique government structure, we feature RP, forum games, general chit chat, and the "NS Educational Initiative," a forum full of FAQs and other bits of information to help new members learn how the game is played. The NSEI is still a work in progress, but some general information has already been posted, and the forum is growing each day.

If you have any questions about Ityrum, myself, or NS in general, I've included some of my contact information in my profile here. You can also send me a TG over NationStates or a personal message over Ityrum's forums.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see you in Ityrum!

Back