ANNOUCEMENT: Results of Voting

Here are the results of the votes taken in the Regional Assembl related to revisionof the Consitution and other measures placed before the Regional Assembly:

Constitution Revision version 1
On the proposed revision of the Constitution of The North Pacific, as sponsored by Monte Ozarka (click here):
A quorum of the Regional Assembly appeared and voted on the proposal.
The vote is as follows:

FOR----------17 (68.0%)
AGAINST---08 (32.0%)
ABSTAIN---00 (00.0%)

A two-thirds majority of those members voting having voted to approve, the proposal PASSES the Regional Assembly. It will be submitted to the Cabinet for its consideration and action under Article VII of the current Constitution.

Constitution Revision version 2
On the proposed revision of the Constitution of The North Pacific, as sponsored by Haor Chall (click here):
The vote is as follows:

FOR---------03 (13.6%)
AGAINST--18 (81.8%)
ABSTAIN---01 (04.6%)

A two-thirds majority of those members voting having not voted to approve, the proposal FAILS.

Constitution Revision version 3
On the proposed revision of the Constitution of The North Pacific, as sponsored by Romanoffia (click here):
The vote is as follows:

FOR----------04 (17.4%)
AGAINST--16 (69.5%)
ABSTAIN---03 (13.0%)

A two-thirds majority of those members voting having not voted to approve, the proposal FAILS.

Bill of Rights as separate Constitutional document
On the proposal to separate the Declaration of Rights, Article I of the Constitution of The North Pacific, into a seaparate Constitutional document entitled "The Bill of Rights," as sponsored by Haor Chall: (click here)
The vote is as follows:

FOR-----------21 (95.4%)
AGAINST----00 (00.0%)
ABSTAIN----01 (04.6%)

A two-thirds majority of those members voting having voted to approve, the proposal PASSES the Regional Assembly. It will be submitted to the Cabinet for its consideration and action under Article VII of the current Constitution.

Revision of Law on the University
On the proposed revision of the Law governing the University, as sponsored by Grosseschnauzer:
The vote is as follows:

FOR----------18 (75.0%)
AGAINST---06 (25.0%)
ABSTAIN---00 (00.0%)

A sixty percent majority of those members voting having voted to approve, the proposal PASSES the Regional Assembly, and is enacted as Law.

Changing votes before voting closes has always been a permitted practice in the Regional Assembly, and several votes were changed among the five proposals that were voted on during this past week.

And I should mention that I'll submit the two approved Constitution proposals to the Cabinet tomorrow (my time). (OOC:It's late, and I'm tired.) They'll have 15 days to act.

Back