Message from the PM

I am fully aware of the constitutional crisis and the current political debacles. I plan to remedy this. Actually this little stunt will most likely come to nothing, but while I'm here I might as well. Call it a final act of madness. I declare myself interim Prime Minister of The North Pacific. My acts are:

1) A General Election is hereby called. The nomination process is to begin immediately

2) All charges against Emperor Matthuis are dropped by reason of "we-all-know-how-this-song-and-dance-will-end"

3) Each candidate for Prime Minister or Delegate is encouraged to post what sort of government they will create

-New Kervoskia
Interim Prime Minister of TNP

It seems I may have already announced my candidacy, but it can't hurt to do so officially. I hereby announce myself as a candidate for delegate of this fine region, The North Pacific. I believe it is time to turn over a new leaf in the North Pacific, and we need to eliminate all the red tape.

I hereby announce my plan for government: Anarcho-Sultanate! A wonderful system I devised in which a Sultan rules largely by decree, but can be checked by the people's revolutionary councils. Also, anyone can propose and debate laws, regardless of their position. As for the constitution, upon my election we will have a huge chaotic convention where everyone can make their proposals before we finally decide on one.

Most importantly, however, is that this government will be based almost entirely on the LULZ factor. I call this THE NEW ORDER. I have already begun arbitrarilly handing out worthless titles, something I hope to continue until everyone in the North Pacific has a title of Nobility! In addition, Fridays are now casual Friday, and by casual I mean clothing optional! I'm currently taking applications for my staff, so feel free to join. I hear we have an excellent dental plan!

I'll leave you with my new campaign song, and hopefully the Next Anthem of the North Pacific, I Feel Fantastic!

Your Loving Sultan,

Kharkistania

You declare yourself to be prime minister? Well, i declare you to be regional shoe-shine boy, and my declaration trumps your declaration because hearts are trumps and I have ace, king, queen, Jack and all the other hearts in my hand.

So get down there and shine my shoes, with your tongue.

You declare yourself to be prime minister? Well, i declare you to be regional shoe-shine boy, and my declaration trumps your declaration because hearts are trumps and I have ace, king, queen, Jack and all the other hearts in my hand.

So get down there and shine my shoes, with your tongue.
I thought we were playing blackjack. :huh:

OK, the Cabinet collectively acts as Prime Minister when a vacancy arises there.
It's their call at this point as to whether to nominate a PM or not. It might prove problematic, because the Constitutional proposals in the RA go to a vote tomorrow. (OOC: I'd set it up for tonight but we've a power outage in my neighborhood due to fried squirrels on a power transformer, and I won't have time to set all the voting threads up until late tonight or tomorrow my time.)

A new constitution mightt be in place before a PM could be chosen.

It seems I made a horrible mistake: I forgot to mention my co-Sultan Catkingdom in my application. By the way, we have a forum set up for the campaign. We do realize that The North Pacific has a long history with its forums, and BY NO MEANS MEAN TO USURP THEM. We merely need to have a space where we can make proclamations and vote where we won't interfere with this forums "government".

http://www.shadyindustries.biz/tnp/phpBB3/index.php

When will voting commence or has it already?

Although I maybe a little tardy, I still want an opportunity to run for the Office of Prime Minister because I feel I am the best suited candidate. Seeing that I actively continue to reform the North Pacific through UN proposals and discussions with GBM I can guarantee several immediate changes.

1. Despite general fondness for useless titles of nobility which one of my opponents Kharkistania wishes to grant, they are in fact useless titles of nobility. These will not be issued freely. To earn a title of nobility or position of officeone must EARN this great priviledge as it is not something to be taken lightly. (Current title are to be kept)

2. Re-elections for all offices will be held every six months.

3. A new Ministry of Impeachment will be formed, headed by the most influential nations in our great region. They wil be decided through endorsements and popular vote. They will have the option to remove from office a Regional Delegate who is corrupt or unjust. They will require a 2/3 majority to successfully impeach a candidate and can vote once every month if they so choose. What happened with Emperor Mathius was a great tragedy and need not be repeated.

These are a few of the changes that I will be able to make if I am elected Prime Minister. If you want reform, success and dedication, I am the ideal candidate.

Afraid you'll have to wait until your application to the Regional Assembly has been accepted before you can run for office. And we need to see if one of the new Constitution proposals pass before we know what offices will be open for election.

But by all means, run for office when campaigns begin. :D

Back