Traitor New Kervoskia

Traitor New Kervoskia

In a few days time that will replace Comrade Senator as my new moniker. Let all nations know that I am not a traitor, but one of the last Francoists. We are a dying breed on the verge of extinction. Today The Pacific is not ruled by Francoists, nor Feederites, Userites or Sycophants, but by a Mooist. The name indicates whom he looks out for and wholeheartedly supports. The region has plunged in an age of inactivity and cultural stagnation. Francoism has been all but erased from the history books. The health and prosperity of the region has been ignored. Its recent evolution has been only superficial and has not been followed by a change in the tone or dynamic. I will lay out the reasons for my actions.

I.Moo-cows, Premier of the Francoist Union, has allowed the image of Pacifica to soften. We are seen as a weakened giant, who has lived long past its glory days. Mere lip service is paid to Francoism. He has allowed CyberNations to encroach upon his dedication to the first Pacifica, the true Pacifica. Yes, it is true there were times when I and the Senate as a whole good have been more active, but a leader’s guidance and inspiration makes a world of difference.

II.When he booted Senator Darkesia, he booted a loyal Pacifican and a good Francoist. She created a welcoming atmosphere that allowed newer nations to better assimilate. Her signals were ignored by Moo-cows and Moo tightened his hold on Pacifica and closed his eyes to the truth. CN squabbles even forced us to move to a different forum. He did not realize that the people loved Darkesia and he should have weighed the costs and benefits of ejecting her before he acted.

III.The lion’s share of the work is done not by, Moo-cows, but by a handful of Senators. He merely grants his assent. We have been left with a mere skeleton of a region. Meetings have been few and far between. We have a reigning delegate, not a ruling delegate. This causes plans to be delayed and action to come to a halt because, though he does not rule, he must gloss over every new idea to make sure it conforms to the Mooist ideal.

Not more than two weeks again I handed over my resignation, but rescinded in order to help form the Francoist Union. I realize now that no amount of superficial change will save Pacifica. I apologize to The Pacific for not doing all that I could to help her in her time of direst need. Moo-cows, you were a magnificent Prime Minister and military tactician, but CN has done much damage to your credentials. I will always respect you, but I cannot abide this.
I say goodbye forever to Pacifica and to my Comrades. Know that I will miss you, but I cannot return. To the remaining Comrade Senators Karpathos, Gaspo, and Chosen Men, you have been a pleasure to work with, but I ask you to look inside your consciences and your Francoist hearts and do what is best for the region. Don’t let her die like this. The burden lies on your shoulders now.

Aufwiedersehen, Dear Comrades
-New Kervoskia
Francoist, Patriot, and Pacifican

Sorry to see you go... since Ivan, Unistrut, PH, Unlimited, Mammo, etc have left the game, you've been one of the few players left whose skill level I think really goes above and beyond.

And on that thought, hopefully the name Francoist Union of Pacific States wasn't your idea, because it rolls off the tongue like a mule on crack and has the same effect as ending a college essay with the words "THE END." :P

I remember you as a good man, and a solid player. You shall be missed.

Is this is something that you have been thinking about for some time, or is the recent adoption of the Francoist Union more prompting of your decisions ? Or was there any relation to the neutrality position taken by The Pacific ?

I'm just curious.

@ NK - The problem with Francoists is that they didn't change with the time. You can have stability, but only if you have the cooperation of the people and not their coerced compliance.

@ NK - The problem with Francoists is that they didn't change with the time. You can have stability, but only if you have the cooperation of the people and not their coerced compliance.
The problem with the Francoists is that there are too few of us.

Coerced compliance is one of the building blocks of Francoist thought. Coerced compliance is also one of the fundamental forces of feeder politics. The rule of the many by the few, even if the Delegate allows that few to be a Congress/Senate/Assembly/whatever it is still a very small minority controlling the majority without their consent.

*chuckles*

What's left of The Pacific is a CN lounge. Nothing of Francoism remains. What could be farther from Francoism than not just userite infiltration, but infiltration and contamination from that other game universe, CN? Nothing.

The fact that I am allowed to apologize to the NPO for a desired response, then withdraw said apology immediately after I had recieved the desired response, and then get away with it, attests to Moo's weakness.

The fact that I am allowed to apologize to the NPO for a desired response, then withdraw said apology immediately after I had recieved the desired response, and then get away with it, attests to Moo's weakness.
Or it attests to his lack of concern for your opinion.

Has your stature in the NationStates universe gone up so greatly since my departure that a Feeder Delegate must give heed and credibility to your whims? I would think not, considering your history.

Point being that he made it when he was still Senator.

Are you saying that I should only take statements from the delegate and no other official seriously?
I am saying that if you are going to post on the Delegate's perceived weakness then you should support that arguement with something from the Delegate, not of his officials.

Regardless of what might have been stated in the recent past, as of today I am in The Pacific, and while I may not have title and I may not be the Delegate are you so certain of your place in this world to state that you truly think I will stand idly by and have some miscreant that we threw out on his ass call us weak?

You need a hug *hug*

The fact that the delegate would allow for Karpathos to make idle threats and then not back them up or alternatively denounce them proves my point.

That's true.

I'm sure such advice is admonishing him to keep the Equilismites within Pacifican borders, supporting the delegate, since the delegate himself is not in a position to properly endorsement swap :)

That's true.

I'm sure such advice is admonishing him to keep the Equilismites within Pacifican borders, supporting the delegate, since the delegate himself is not in a position to properly endorsement swap :)
The means by which power is vested in the Delegate nation has little bearing on that power once it is, in fact, vested.

In regards to Equilismites, I am certain that those few they could muster are not amounting to any significant percentage of the total.

Oh for godssake! Stop teasing us and just tell us when you take over and how much you made him beg before you agreed to return.

:ph34r:

Francoism is not an ideal of one or two people. It is not a concept fixated upon a singular event or personality. Francoism is the Truth that lights the way in the darkness of NationStates. It is the light that shines upon The Pacific, and leads away from the darkness of the past, and the confusion of the Userites.

Unlike the ideals held by those that have recently resigned the Revolution, Franoism is not a stagnant concept that remains fixated upon the past. We live in a dynamic world. The Pacific is ever striving to acheive the perfection of ADMIN, though the foundations of Francoism towards a brighter future for us all.

Senators Karpathos and New Kervorkia no longer support this truth, and have fallen under the lazy shadow of the past. They have turned their sights inward and backward, solely upon the bright and early days of the glorious revolution, forgetting that we must continue to move forward the work that was begun. They did not leave us with constructive thoughts or ideas to continue our great work. Rather they left their spiteful disloyalty for all to see. Such an unfortunate waste of meritous talent.

Do not make the mistake of equating silence with weakness. There is no need for us fill the insatiable appetite of an attention whore such as JAL; we will not be party to furthering your hate-filled agenda of destroying The Pacific because of your failures.

Apparently can only deal with The Pacific when she is loud and belligerent. Be careful of what you wish for; you just might get it. In abundance.

So are you all saying that the ADN finally conquered The Pacific via infiltration and only give lip service to the philosophy of Francoism?

I'm sure even the ADN (Or whatever it's calling itself these days...GSA) doesn't care about The NPO-lite (or whatever it's calling itself these days... FUPS??).

It may be that only former ADN members and CN players currying favor remain in The Pacific, but I think if the ADN had consciously infiltrated The Pacific, they would be crowing about it. No. I lay this mess squarely at the feet of The Pacific's delegate.

As Ivan says, he has the power and control to make the region what he chooses. He is delegate and has managed to hold on to that position. He is not obligated to do anything good with the region. It's his choice.

He has no vision. No true concept of Francoism, despite all his speeches. Moo, for whatever reason, consciously or as an unintended consequence of neglect, has brought a once proud and culturally superior region to it's death bed.

The only other place to squarely lay blame is at the feet of the people who remain in the region. If they actually cared, there have been pleanty of opportunities for them to make it known. However, no movement can be seen in the people as they atrophy into CTE or run to other feeders for sanctuary. They just don't care. The region has become irrelevant to even it's residents.

Moo has no one to pass the reigns to. He has been deserted. This leaves three choices for him: 1) Remove himself and let chaos engulf the region until or unless a new leader emerges. 2) Hand the region back to Ivan. 3) Hold on to power continuing to ignore the region and half-assing it to death, until it truly is forgotten.

I believe he has chosen number two. Even he hasn't the stomach to watch the region rot from within any longer and number one would take far more courage than he has thus far displayed.

If I seem harsh or bitter, it's because I am. The Pacific is no longer the home and stronghold of Francoism. I blame it's delegate.

That's the long answer, isn't it. I'm sorry. For those who don't like to read long posts...

Short answer: This time it is NOT the ADNs fault.

Coerced compliance is one of the building blocks of Francoist thought. Coerced compliance is also one of the fundamental forces of feeder politics. The rule of the many by the few, even if the Delegate allows that few to be a Congress/Senate/Assembly/whatever it is still a very small minority controlling the majority without their consent.
And that's exactly the failure of fracoist though right there in a nutshell.

The rule of the few over the many always results in all systems of government. It's the coercion aspect that causes the many to revolt at every opportunity unless they live by the theory of "Qui tacet consentit", in which case, the many get what the deserve.

But one need not give up one's belief in government by the uncoerced consent of the government even when the many are 'ruled' by the few. If the few satisfy the needs of the many, then the many consent willing to that government.

IMHO, direct democracies are cumbersome and leave much to be desired when there is no single, strong executive authority that is capable of acting without hesitation, but tempered by the checks and balances of a court and legislature. Where direct democracy crumbles is in its constant need for everyone (or a majority) to have to agree on every single action.

Not everyone can, will or does participate in any governmental style or system, ergo, qui tacet consentit.. That is why representative forms of governments in the form of republics become neccessary in which the main tool of the many to control the few is the delegation of authority.

When such a government no longer supports the desires of the population, they tend to withdraw their consent and coercing consent only results in people voting with their feet and moving elswhere, which is fine. But, and this is a big but, when people cannot be coerced into leaving they revolt against that government and eventually, as history shows, even the most coercive francoist system ultimately dwindles and fails by natural evolution. All governments have a limited lifespan and go through and infacy, puberty, adulthood and then decrepitude, and finally indifference and that is when the cycle starts all over again (ever read Oswald Spengler?). So, that leaves us with the only two choices we have - we can choose to contribute or to have no impact. And, as history has shown, sometimes being denied either choice by coercion forces us to act instead of giving silent consent to tyrants and dictators.

That's true. :rofl:

Did I tell you that the Emporer has no clothes?

LOL!

Except that if the masses truly were dissatisfied with the Delegate then they could voluntarily remove their endorsement, without the prompting of unendorsement propaganda. The fact that the masses are either happy or indifferent doesn't actually effect the right of the Delegate to do as he or she chooses with or without the consent of a minority delegation government that is housed offsite unless he or she chooses to do so.

Except that if the masses truly were dissatisfied with the Delegate then they could voluntarily remove their endorsement, without the prompting of unendorsement propaganda. The fact that the masses are either happy or indifferent doesn't actually effect the right of the Delegate to do as he or she chooses with or without the consent of a minority delegation government that is housed offsite unless he or she chooses to do so.
That's a load of crappy crap crap crap and you know it. If someone removes their endorsment of Emporer Inepto, they get ban jected! They criticize him, they get banjected.

To me, that type of policy indicates but one thing - EM is such a quivering wimp that he relies on brute force because he cannot maintain power any other way. He has no skill or capability to do anything but act as a thug.

I'll make a little bet with you - if EM cleared the ban list and never hit the ban-eject button again, he'd be gone in 24 hours. But of course, he so afraid of people like little ole me because he knows that he cannot survive true, unfettered public opinion and has to be a thug.

But on the bright side, he can't keep it up forever. He will make a mistake, he will offend his Gatesville supporters (I know something they don't know...at least yet) or he will blink at the wrong time.

And he's obviously so scared of me that he ejected me when he had my endorsment. He must obviously think that this government has a lot of credibility if he didn't even wait until I posted an unendorsment on the RMB. Typical little tin-horn.

EM can't stand criticism and he has to eject any nation that doesn't support him and you know why? If he didn't eject nations, he couldn't hold the delegacy for a single day. In fact, as it is now, he won't be able to hold onto it much longer. I assure you.

Hey, didn't we go through this before? :lol:

Well, one thing can be said, it makes it interesting, but some dick-tater using the same old bag of tired trick to stay in power is getting mighty boring.

No, using endorsements as justification for totalitarianism is perfectly fine. Relying on the uninformed masses for votes is such an efficient system IRL (:eyeroll:), so why would NS be any different?

Whilst this is a fascinating discussion, I cannot help but feel that it has strayed a long way from the topic of this thread. When someone posts a resignation, or a speech, i generally feel it is respectful to that player to keep on topic.

Back