Nominations for Elections

Allrighty - here is my planned timetable, for y'alls input -

Nominations close 2359 GMT on August 12, Polls open 0000 GMT August 20. Gives a week to stump, and a week from tomorrow to candidify, seeing as we have had all the confusion.

Issues/problems.concerns?

I assume immediately. It looks good, Byard. Let's get this pushed out. You go ahead and do the honors of opening the election season.

I'm going to take the nominations already entered, as well as give folks a week to put their names in the hat.

So, AP, basically last week sometimes.

Excuses for the interruption, but since this is the Private Cabinet chamber, wouldn't it be best if those expressing an interest in running reposted their intentions themselves in the public thread?

Excuses for the interruption, but since this is the Private Cabinet chamber, wouldn't it be best if those expressing an interest in running reposted their intentions themselves in the public thread?

Um, yeah, there should be a nomination thread in the Election forum I would guess. Isn't much use in here.

Just a reminder that those of you who were elected to an office in both February abd May are term limited.

If I remember right that would include Byardkuria, Dalimbar, Haor CHall, Upper Kirby, and maybe one or two more.

Just stating my intention to run for either MoEA or Prime Minister, depending on capability of candidates, public opinion etc...

Heh, I may just run for delegate seeing as the race isn't going to matter.
Maybe or maybe not, BW. Elections could the first step towards a new tomorrow and a better TNP. It rests on the shoulders of the citizens of TNP, and not on the few who wish to keep our failing system of governance in place. Hopefully more folks then not want change, will demand change and hopefully elect a NEW government with willingness and ability to break the cycle and gives us the change we so sorely need.

I would encourage you to run for a position in the election, BW.

Maybe or maybe not, BW. Elections could the first step towards a new tomorrow and a better TNP. It rests on the shoulders of the citizens of TNP, and not on the few who wish to keep our failing system of governance in place. Hopefully more folks then not want change, will demand change and hopefully elect a NEW government with willingness and ability to break the cycle and gives us the change we so sorely need.

I would encourage you to run for a position in the election, BW.
*removes soapbox*

Those 'few' appear to be the majority of the citizenship of the North Pacific :) Just a small point I think everyone should be aware of.

Dalimbar is still a rogue delegate, and has never been nor will ever become the champion of the people.

Since we're behind on the election schedule anyway, is there any chance we could bring forward the vote? Waiting another 7 days before voting even starts seems pretty pointless and somewhat counter-productive at this juncture.

Well people have posted campaigns and been asking questions in campaign threads for something like 5 days now, I think we could easily start voting on Wednesday and end voting on Sunday so that we would have a new government in place by next week. If we're to show that we are able to act and that we aren't the slow monolithic organisation that we are portrayed as we need to get a move on. The quicker we can get things sorted the better.

I need to update the RA roster before voting starts, so that Byard will know who is and is not eligible to vote, we can get masks adjusted for people who are not in the RA anymore, and we can be sure we only have legit voters voting for Delegate. I should have time to do it tomorrow sometime, but pushing elections before I get that done would only cause confusion and delay the process.

That's not a problem Gaspo. I hadn't really thought of that to be honest, but what I was meaning is that I don't think we should delay the voting unless there is a reason for doing so.

I absolutely agree with that. Perhaps moving it forward a few days, but moving it to say, tomorrow, is not feasible considering how much work I have to do. I haven't had time to do it due to RL, but I scheduled time on my day off tomorrow to get it done.

Have not, in fact. Um, Weds. morning looks like the best bet for it to happen, and if not then, then Thurs. it is.

This is exactly why Byard went looking for a new job (RL).

I'm working on the RA list in what free time I have, but it probably won't be done tonight. Things came up today that took precedence, unfortunately.

Gaspo, when you get a chance, Byard will need to total number of RA members based on your checking, so he can determine the total number of Security Council seats.

Yup, I know. He needs that number, the current RA roster, and a list of people who are eligible to vote for Delegate. Anything I'm missing?

*Gaspo is doing the RA list as fast as he can, but has been hammered by having to construct a new forum from scratch for his other region

I'm doing the best I can to balance the two, I'm very sorry for the delays.

Gaspo, can you please post the list when it's ready? Candidates should have an opportunity to campaign via PM if they so desire.

Back