Prime Minister's Question Time

In the UK and other Commonwealth nations there is a tradition where once a week or so (daily in Canada) when Parliament is in session the Prime Minister (First Minister in Scotland) and various ministers of his government stand before the House of Common and take questions from MPs on various things. There are some exceptions, such as matters currently before the courts are usually not acceptable, but otherwise it's a lax sort of policy. And it often gets very contentious and rowdy, lots of Who's Shouting Loudest and maybe some fisticuffs if we're lucky, which is my favorite part of it all.

I ran a populist campaign, champion of mice and men, transparency in government, that sort of thing, so I voluntarily submit myself before public chopping block (just a joke, we hope). Since we're a unicameral set-up our House of Commons is the Regional Assembly as a whole (as well ought to be), so in the future we may do these in the Regional Assembly forum, but for now we'll try it out in the PMO to see how it works out. I reckon we'll lock this thread after a few days, then start another one about this time next week, but we'll see how everything works out first.

This morning I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others. In addition to my duties in the House, I will have further such meetings later today.

I'm not sure what sort of questions to ask...but here's one:

Are you planning on attending the University of The North Pacific in its opening semester?

Are you planning on attending the University of The North Pacific in its opening semester?
The University may expect the Prime Minister's application later today.
Just one more day to register :eyeroll:
Sometimes "day" is a special word meaning "fortnight". :blush:

Consider my pencil sharpened and my papers shuffled. The Prime Minister eagerly anticipates the much anticipated history course of the Mr. Fulhead Land.

*As no one else has been doing so, the Regional Assembly Member from Chodean Kal rises from his seat, and waits for the little microphone to turn on. When it does, he looks at the Prime Minister and the entire Assembly.*

Prime Minister, I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

Firstly, what is your opinion on the recent re-establishment of the Order of Gryphons? Do you believe that the Order is perhaps a useful component in todays society?

Secondly (or thirdly, I suppose), what improvements does the Seventh Ministry of The North Pacific see being implemented between now and the end of term?

*The Member from Chodean Kal sits back down in his seat, and waits for the Prime Minister to respond.*

ANy chance of an update on how discussions with our delegate are going?

Any chance of some elections in the coming month?

I'd like to second Flem's questions.

Do you not believe that the Prime Minister has a responsiblity to keep the region informed on matters of such gravity in a timely manner ?

I'll add a third.

Even a comment like "We're deep in negotiations and will update you as soon as there is more progress. Elections to occur as scheduled"

Whatever it is, the Assembly and people of the North deserve an answer.

Back