NPIA Investigation

Pursuant to Government Regulation of the NPIA as written in the Regional Assembly, and with respect to Article III, Section 2., Item 2, Paragraph C of the North Pacific Constitution, I make formal and public this request to the new Director an investigation into the actions of the North Pacific Intelligence Agency regarding recent events and brouhahas.

Thank you,

In keeping with the NPIA's exemplary track record in cooperation and openness with all official investigations, we will both be investigating ourselves and cooperating with the Prime minister in any investigation. we will also, immediately, be investigating the investigation in case it needs investigating. We would also like to investigate the investigation into the investigation, but that would be silly. In this we are keeping in the proud tradition of honesty and probity which has been the hallmark of the NPIA since it's inception.

You can trust the NPIA: whiter than a tip-ex'd white thing in a snowstorm standing beside a wall which has been painted white. Only whiter. "

First question: Recently our one and only broohaha escaped and, before recapture, mated with a wandering ruckus. Do you want to investigate the father, or await the birth of the ruckhaha?

Thank you for reminding me what I have been missing out on. I'm so glad to be here to see things like this again. :rofl:

Well? How goes the investigation into the NPIA and the investigation into the investigation? Surely some portions of the investigations can be made public...

Isimud (...regarding his newly appointed director of the secret police suspiciously)

A draft of the reults of the investigation has been posted in the NPIA area for comment or correction by other NPIA members. Within a day or two it will be ready to be presented to the Prime Minister.

I have posted the findings of my investigation to Upper Kirby.

So much for "here is something that will never happen".

Here it is, fresh and warm and with that clean laundry smell.

Findings of the investigation of Flemingovia NPIA involvement in the actions of Mesian in and around the Pacific.

1. Concerning the alleged actions of Hersfold and Mesian. Despite an exhaustive search of all NPIA threads, I have been able to find no evidence of any NPIA involvement in this affair, beyond that which Mesian himself has presented. I have also not found any evidence in the admin logs that threads or posts have been moved or deleted. Current NPIA members have no recollection of any discussion of an infiltration of the Pacific, or actions against the Pacific. Hersfold himself has been unavailable for comment.

2. How one views this affair depends largely on how reliable/credible one considers Mesian to be. He said in his testimony that his evidence was presented with a political motive and that he desired the downfall of the NPIA. His evidence should always be viewed in this light. I am unable to comment on whether he has the ability to fake the screenshots he presented to the NPO.

3. However, if one takes the charitable view that the Mesian’s testimony is in this instance accurate and reliable, then this seems to have been a matter kept private between Hersfold and Mesian. For the NPIA the issue is, have lessons been learned from this? I believe they have. The Prime Minister and delegate now receive regular reports of NPIA activity, and liaison and communication is much better than it used to be. Naturally, this cannot guarantee that any member of the region, whether in the NPIA or not, will not lie to us and eventually betray the region to another power. But then I do not believe that ANY safeguards can guarantee such a thing.

Back