Roll Call

I hate to do it this way, but a bunch of issues have accumulated, and Cabinet input is needed. Since everyone got my PM, and no one even responded, more direct means are needed,

So my fellow ministers, please acknowledge and post.

Here is a list of topics some or all of us need to address
  • RA applications. There are a few applicants and a couple of resignations that have to be processed.
  • Chief Justice nomination/possible Associate Justice nomination -- i would appreciate suggestions for the Court a.s.a.p. I haven't decided yet if I'll elevate one of the Associate Justices or not, so I need suggestions for both CJ and AJ depending on how I decide to proceed.
  • The TNPU Commission report is awaiting final sign off from its members, as soon as that happens, the report will be published, and legislation sent to the RA. Under the bill the MoCE will chair a policy-setting board of regents, and that board will select a chancellor to run rhe university.
  • Ministry Study Commission report is awaiting final sign off from its remaining members, and as soon as that happens the report will be published, and legislation sent to the RA. At the moment, it recommends that the MoAE be eliminated, and that a number of forums be returned to forum administration, It also updates the charge to the MoC and the MoCE.
  • Proposed treaty -- Flem has posted a draft treaty with TWP; he's inviting comments so the treaty can be finalized.
  • Oath of Office- I've asked and recieved a judicial review opinion from the Court concerning the application of TNP Law 1 (the oath of office requirement). The Court has held that the law applies to members of the diplomatic corps, so RA members with a diplomatic portfolio will need to post the oath of office for their diplomatic appointment.
  • The criminal definition of treason. It took quite a bit of time to come up with a way to respond to calls for added defintional language, and the change i've made is in the FD thread. It uses definitions already enacted as law to define certain phrases in the legislation. Part of the solution came from TNP Law 14, and some from the amendment to the RA application oath.
  • We will likely need one or two Election Commissioners for the election cycle that begins in the middle of January. I remind the MoD to start the process for NPA endorsements for the nect election a.s.a.p.
  • Mesian's proposal for a police force. I cannot tell if there is any interest in the Cabinet to discuss this or not. Yes, what Mesian sent me was lengthy, however, it is what he is proposing. We can certainly try something based on it as an experiment, or just some of it, or drop the idea. Feedback requested.
  • Regional reports -- DPIU, what's the status of this?
There are probably a couple other things as well, but that is plenry.

Here, I believe our affairs are in order as we previously discussed though choice on final language as always is never set in stone.

Back