FRONTLINE SPECIAL - Stronghold Victory

Shotski

TNPer
WELCOME TO THIS FRONTLINE SPECIAL! ADN TROOPS TODAY LIBERATED 'THE STRONGHOLD' AFTER WEEKS OF FIGHTING!

Yes that is right, 'The Stronghold' has been liberated, and Frontline brought it to you first!

Around 3 hours ago, the defenders long battle with the AC insurgents turned into a victory as The Prolentia secured the delegacy. A source from inside the region, only to be known as Red October, had this to say;
"It was a long awaited victory for the natives, ADN forces came in and secured the delegacy quite effciently, though, the entire conflict was not without its hiccups"
As stated before, defenders had already attempted to retake the region - their efforts thwarted. This victory demonstrates persistance pays off, though, one still has to ask, was this assualt a stroke of luck, or can be attributed to careful planning?
"It isn't over yet, the AC were quite chuffed with their defence, the fight isn't over yet, it has only just begun!"
It appears more ADN soldiers will be required to deploy to ensure that this region remains in native hands, as the close gap of 6 endorsements can quickly disappear. Any ADN force is likley to contain NPA forces.
We can only wait to see what happens, but until then, ADN forces will still have trouble ensuring the region remains in friendly hands.
_741609_untroops3001.jpg

ADN soldiers on guard in 'The Stronghold'. They could face renewed fighting if not given proper re-enforcement.

Only minutes ago this message was posted on the RMB of The Stronghold!

Good job, I have had reports on a fairly large defending force, but I didn't think you would have came last night.

Now that you have won, I suppose you have bragging rights... so go ahead, un-ban everyone and start bragging.

Have the AC been K.O'd, or will they step up for another round? I have just arrived in the region, and as I look around, it appears re-enforcements are begining to arrive after the news of the success. Though, these small numbers will have only a minimal effect in the long run.

This reporter can only wait and watch, but Frontline is dedicated to bringing you the news when it happens, from on the ground!

This is Shotski in 'The Stronghold' reporting for Frontline...

Stay Safe!

Can I add that I was part of the Liberation last night, so the NPA was not unrepresented in the eventual liberation.

Our earlier assault, though unsuccessful, may well have lulled the AC into a false sense of security as they beleived that they had beaten off the defenders.

Nice to see the defending game is alive and well.

Our earlier assault, though unsuccessful, may well have lulled the AC into a false sense of security as they beleived that they had beaten off the defenders.
So the first go-around wasn't actually a loss, but a carefully calculated strategic maneuver to make the invaders overconfident?

heh

So the first go-around wasn't actually a loss, but a carefully calculated strategic maneuver to make the invaders overconfident?

heh
Well obviously :yes: ....I could explain the intracacies of the current strategy and tactics of the NPA....but that Info is currently classified.... :P

Heh. Nope - we got creamed. But Sun Tzu says that a general should be quick to sieze a strategic advantage gained even in a defeat, and turn defeat into victory.

Heh. Nope - we got creamed. But Sun Tzu says that a general should be quick to sieze a strategic advantage gained even in a defeat, and turn defeat into victory.
In other words, yes, it was all in the plan. ;)

The situation in 'The Stronghold' has greatly improved since this reporter last posted. ADN Re-Enforcements have arrived, and have gone about securing the region. Heavy patrols frequent the streets to suppress any anti-ADN forces.

ADN Forces successfully ejected Giganometry from the region, a move which will surley booster regional saftey, though, there is a second AC general in the region who still could potentially cause trouble. Lekgolo and 14 other AC soldiers are still present, which results in the occasional firefight, though, the overwhelming numbers of the ADN mean that the ADN hold on to the region by around 25 endorsements. Any retaliation would require a major deployment, and could spark an even greater conflict lasting weeks.
troops_deploy1.jpg

ADN forces patrol a street in 'The Stronghold'. Such heavy patrols are required to combat the remaining AC forces.

In a statement exclusive to Frontline, Giganometry had this to say;
It was definatly an unexpected attack, and for that I applaud the defending forces.

Perhaps If I wouldn't have went to bed so early...

Remember Kids, the early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets eaten...

Plans for an AC assualt to retake the region have been unconfirmed, but this reporter is doubtful that the AC will not let their ego be deflated so easily.

This is Shotski reporting for Frontline. We bring you the news as it happens!

Good Evening, and welcome to tonights instalment of Frontline, direct from 'The Stronghold'.

As ADN forces mop up remaining AC insurgents, a native government official, 0Volrath0, came out today and made a public statement to the region, and those inhabiting it;

Wow. I want to give a big thank you to the defenders who came and helped The Stronghold in her time of need. The Prolentia is our rightful current delegate.

Hopefully this signals the begining of a tranisition phase from ADN occupation to native governance. ADN forces have begun to celebrate their victory, but as the festivities begin into the night, there remains serious concerns about the future of the Stronghold.

"It is good to celebrate and aknowledge an ADN victory in 'The Stronghold', but liberation is one of only many steps required to be taken to ensure 'The Stronghold' remains free, we must now remove the focus from a military one to a political one. Peacekeepers will have to remain, but there are several areas which need to be addressed before a full withdrawal can be considered. Right now, an ADN withdrawal would only result in an AC occupation"

The areas referred to are that of the region being founderless, and re-establishing a government. It appears the only solution for 'The Stronghold' is for a native re-founding, a process which can present problems in itself though,

"A native re-founding would be ideal, but this then essentially removes something special from the region, the pure power of the people. Great consideration would have to be considered in regard to who would refound the region, and what powers they would wield. Even if the region was refounded, the government would be required to draft a new constitution, and attract back nations that would inevitably be lost during re-founding. A lengthy process."

This puts the ADN in a difficult decision, as if the natives decide to retain their current region, ADN peacekeepers would be required to maintain a continuos presence to ensure regional security, and in such a world we live in, can the ADN afford a permanant commitment?

In the end, the decision lies further up the food chain. But what does this reporter think? The ADN, and as a result, the NPA is in for the long haul. 'The Stronghold' will be on our lips alot longer then first expected...

This is Shotski reporting for Frontline. We bring you the news as it happens!

Perpetual presence of the ADN is not needed to hold the region after return of power to native authorities. Also, a continued ADN or NPA presence for that matter would not be a bad thing. Remember, we are dealing with defending a region against invaders who only seek to take control of a region and oppress and destroy that region. The key to making The Stronghold secure is to make sure that the region is afforded the proper stability and strength to take the proper measures to render it invader-proof.

With minimal effort and time, this can be very easily accomplished.

Romanoffia, MoD

Thankyou for that sir. Sir, whilst you are on the topic, I wonder if you could answer a few questions?

Also, a continued ADN or NPA presence for that matter would not be a bad thing.

1) In regard to the above, wouldn't a continued ADN/NPA presence draw man/woman power away from our current serving forces? How do we expect to defend regions if they are un-willing to accept responsibility for their own security?

2) In regard to making the region 'invader proof', have ADN forces considered advising the natives of a refounding? Password protection would only stunt growth would it not?

3) Can you assure both TNP and the residents of the Stornghold that all AC nations have been purged? Todays recent events on the RMB suggest that ADN forces dont know who is friend and foe! How can you guarentee saftey in these circumstances?

4) Has TNP or the ADN established a time-line for withdrawal, or is the military commitment in 'The Stronghold' touch and go?

5) If the NPA has a countinued presence in 'The Stronghold', how can we maintain our own defence capabilities? Would we not be stretching them to far?

Do not get me wrong people of The North Pacific, I am all for the presence of soldiers in 'The Stronghold'. All I ask though is what effect will this have on our security, and what will it achieve?

This is Shotski reporting for Frontline. We only ask for the truth... but can you handle the truth? :yes:

Back