Final Statement from the Cabinet

Hersfold

TNPer
On July 9th, 2006, at 5:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, The Lexicon declared war on our region, falsely claiming that we had committed an act of war by intentionally intruding on their sovereignty.

For the past several weeks, The North Pacific has seen no sign that a state of open war existed. The Lexicon sent a spammer to plaster messages across our forum; they sent nations in to try and take the Delegacy; they sent puppets in to post unendorsement messages against our delegate, the whole time spouting lies about our region and it's members. But not once was a unified, organized, skilled, even meaningful attack made on our region. As we gained support from all the Pacifics and several other regions and organizations, The Lexicon stood alone, continuing their war of annoyance against The North Pacific.

As I said, several weeks have passed. If anything, this war has only done us good. Our relations with the other feeders have improved as a result; we recieved a wonderful infusion of art and entertainment due to the pointless antics of the Lexicon; we have been driven to improve holes in our Constitution that we expected the enemy to exploit, despite the fact that they did not. So what is the purpose to this war?

There is no purpose. The charismatic abilities of Insane Power and Cathyy were sufficent enough to convince an entire region that we were the enemy, bent on their destruction; sufficent enough to convince an entire region that they needed to rise up and crush the dictatorial power of one of the great feeder regions. But that is where their abilities ended. This supposed war has been limited only to annoyance, not something even the least dignified soldier would be willing to call a planned attack, or any sort of attack at all. These charismatic leaders have no ability whatsoever to conduct an actual war - instead they invent new ways to keep their region convinced of our atrocities, simply so that the state of war may continue. This will last no more. The incompetence of these so-called leaders is not enough to sway the solidarity of this grand region.

In the complete absence of any sort of perceived threat, it is decided that as the last act of this Cabinet, any state of war with the Lexicon is hereby nullified. We no longer acknowledge their declaration of war, their futile attempts to continue hostilities, or their region at all. Since it has been made clear to us that any citizen of the Lexicon is an enemy of the state, we will acknowledge their wishes and henceforth declare any person harboring any relation with the Lexicon a persona non grata, not welcome within the borders of The North Pacific at any time, and not welcome to the rights and privileges granted to members of the region by the Constitution. We completely condemn the childish actions of the Lexicon and its leadership, and fully retract any relations with them.

Once again, a great amount of thanks goes to all the nations, regions, and organizations who pledged their support to The North Pacific during this apparent time of war. Your support shows our region that common courtesy and decency has not died in NationStates or in real life. We invite all of you to please see our newly elected Minister of External Affairs for details on establishing a Consulate with us, so that formal diplomatic relations may be opened. If you already have a consulate, please see them concerning an upgrade to Embassy status. We hope that we can count on your friendship in the future, as we will be more than pleased to do the same for you should the need arise.

In Solidarity,
The Cabinet of The North Pacific, May 2006 - July 2006
The United Federation of Hersfold, Prime Minister
North Harmoneia, Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs
Digitalis, Minister of External Affairs
Ator People, Minister of Defense and General of the North Pacific Army
Mr_Sniffles, Minister of Justice and Attorney General
John Ashcroft Land, Minister of Communications
The Cursed Seal of Alhoma, Minister of Arts and Entertainment
Fedele, Minister of Culture and Education

Well written but it could use more rhyme. As far as content goes, I liked it. It made a great point and finished strong. I anticipate a sequel.

:lol: I love that bit.

A member of TNP didnt do anything. As your previous lawsuit against me proved (and made precedent I believe) my TNP nation is Fulhead Land and he hasnt broken any laws. As a lexiconian (in that case I would be Lexiconhead, technically) and not part of TNP I havent broken any laws.

Any opinions I have expressed outside of that are my own and I am allowed to express them as is my right as a citizen, enshrined in the constitution.

Try again

Back