-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
So... We have two things. (or three)

#1. We need a Minister of External Affairs. Nam hasn't been on this forum in close to a month, it's pretty clear he's not stepping up as MoEA.

#2. We need to issue a statement on the RIA forum destruction. Yes, it'll be late, but what the hell, our PM and MoEA have been a little busy in RL of late.

#3. Where are all the ministers and the actual *ideas* of office? Plans, new concepts, interesting things to happen. This is supposed to be when most of you (the non working class) actually have time to make things happen.)

*Former English Colony awaits the lovely ministers to go vote on some things.

Since when is TNP interested in new ideas?! Most new ideas are howled down by those clinging to the status quo!! Therein lies the problem, the Constitution and the processes of the region are almost treated as untouchable which means people do not really see the value in proposing ideas that will only be torn down by the vocal few who hold so much sway in the region!!

As for the RIA statement, sure, release something but seriously..the time has well passed and it will be nothing more than lip service!!

Well I didn't really have any "campaign promises" (I wasn't elected!), but I the NPA Training is almost over, and I think that was a success so far at least.

Who is the deputy MoEA?

Since when is TNP interested in new ideas?! Most new ideas are howled down by those clinging to the status quo!! Therein lies the problem, the Constitution and the processes of the region are almost treated as untouchable which means people do not really see the value in proposing ideas that will only be torn down by the vocal few who hold so much sway in the region!!

As for the RIA statement, sure, release something but seriously..the time has well passed and it will be nothing more than lip service!!
Polts, seriously. Do you have anything positive to contribute here? If you're so bloody irritated with the lot of us, why do you continue to stay here? I personally like some of your ideas (even having to read the !!), but such a negative comment leaves no room for discussion or cooperation really. Whatever happened to discussion as opposed to denigration? :(

And Ator People, Nam is the Deputy MoEA.
Last Activity: Jun 8 2006, 11:33 PM

Not throwing any stones or in any way trying to offend you but since you've taken over the ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs to further you grand objectives? You still have a lot of maneuverability within your office, is all.

As for the Digitalis being the MoAE, we should send some "where've you been" messages to Nam first but if its obvious he's gone then Hersfold could just nominate Dig and get the confirmation over with big time.

Wow, are you actually supporting my bid, Sniff, or is it just because no-one else has said anything yet :P

:hug:

Well, regardless, if Nam comes back then that's ace, but if not, I don't mind taking over until the elections; I've been MoEA twice now, so it's not as if I'll need any training :P

If I have one more bastard tell me he's too busy "in RL" to write up a paragraph explaining how you defend a region (it's not that fucking difficult!) I'm going to need a drink.

Ator, are you MoD? Write up something real quick and it will open up a few doors for me.

I'm going to need a drink.
Then have one...

cocktailb52gross8ke.jpg

I also pushed along your bid for Associate Justice, don't see why I wouldn't. Your past efforts with the PRP is like Curzon and Klingons (yes I am trekkie scum.) Just because we might not have got along in the past, doesn't mean I'm going to jump up and call people incompetent and bias and such every chance they have an audience... mumble.... mumble....

I also pushed along your bid for Associate Justice, don't see why I wouldn't. Your past efforts with the PRP is like Curzon and Klingons (yes I am trekkie scum.) Just because we might not have got along in the past, doesn't mean I'm going to jump up and call people incompetent and bias and such every chance they have an audience... mumble.... mumble....
:P

I knew you loved me really, Sniff :) :kiss:

Polts, seriously. Do you have anything positive to contribute here?
I believe I try to contribute positively whenever I can!! In my time in this region I have made a number of proposals and implemented the precursor to the RA we have now!! However, TNP is hardly a breeding ground for new ideas for the reasons I cited!! Therefore, you cannot blame peopel who do like to generate new ideas and ways of doing things for becoming disillusioned when a small but vocal group torpedo every idea people have in order to cling to what we already have!!

If you're so bloody irritated with the lot of us, why do you continue to stay here?

I enjoy the challenge of existing in a region that is, as a general rule, hostile to my existance!! Sadly, that hostility precludes some from actually reading what I have to say but I still hold some hope that someday cling to the past will be something of the past and the region can move forward!! Besides, you'd miss me if I left!!

I personally like some of your ideas (even having to read the !!), but such a negative comment leaves no room for discussion or cooperation really.  Whatever happened to discussion as opposed to denigration?  :(

I agree with you!! The negative comments directed by a few towards almost every idea generated in this region do not leave things open for discussion!! Maybe if ideas produced were discussed rather than denigrated then the region would be more conducive to the floating of ideas, but at present it is not!! Thats the truth of the matter and while it is disappointing, it is hardly my fault for pointing it out!! I'd like a change of attitude in the region, but it seems the voice of a few holds sway and that few want things to remain as they are!! Frankly, the region is boring and I suspect that is why you have made this thread!!

I've made proposals to reinvigorate the political aspect as that's the area I'm most interested in!! All of them hounded down without much debate!! Cathyy has re-raised one of those ideas regarding electing a preselected cabinet as part of a ticket under a Prime Minister up for election!! I like the idea and believe it will add a new dimension to the region as well as alleviating the absenteeism and inactivity in the region!!

But I digress....!!

Not throwing any stones or in any way trying to offend you but since you've taken over the ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs to further you grand objectives? You still have a lot of maneuverability within your office, is all.
Further my grand objectives?! I was Deputy then was handed the job shortly after the election!! Hardly a master plan for "furthering abjectives"!!

Room to move in my office?! Yes, deciding what message to post when welcoming members to the RA is quite invigorating!! We should make it compulsory to rotate as MoIIA so all can enjoy the fun!!

Further my grand objectives?! I was Deputy then was handed the job shortly after the election!! Hardly a master plan for "furthering abjectives"!!

Room to move in my office?! Yes, deciding what message to post when welcoming members to the RA is quite invigorating!! We should make it compulsory to rotate as MoIIA so all can enjoy the fun!!
How about attracting new players to the forum? Lots of inventive ideas needed but hell, I don't need to tell you how to do your job.

Polts, you sit in that corner - Sniffles, you sit in the other one. both of you KNOCK IT OFF. If you really don't like each other, then leave each other the hell alone.

Polts, sorry to keep banging on you (I'm really not out to get you, believe it or not), but that first post of yours completely deserved the bashing you got from Eras. If you can't say something nice, kindly be quiet. If people are really hostile to your existence, maybe it's because you're a little too blunt at times. Just calm down a bit. ;)

Now then.

#1. We need a Minister of External Affairs. Nam hasn't been on this forum in close to a month, it's pretty clear he's not stepping up as MoEA.

Damn it, just when I'm about to wander off again. Can we tolerate another week's absence until I get back again? In the meantime, someone please look for people willing and able to take up the post - Goal, I've already got you marked down, and since you've done it before, you've got a pretty good chance unless Mahahtma Ghandi happens to wander in. I just want to give others the chance before I appoint someone.

#2. We need to issue a statement on the RIA forum destruction. Yes, it'll be late, but what the hell, our PM and MoEA have been a little busy in RL of late.

Yup. Check the topic, I've posted a new version that I think goes along with the general ideas of the Cabinet (at least, those posted since I last checked). I should be able to post a statement tommorrow, but Friday's no go, and I'm out till next week sometime. Viva Sunny Mexico.

#3. Where are all the ministers and the actual *ideas* of office? Plans, new concepts, interesting things to happen. This is supposed to be when most of you (the non working class) actually have time to make things happen.)
Polts, you've been doing just fine in terms of RA applications (in that none of them have attempted a rebellion yet), but Sniffles is correct in that you need to work on some recruitment stuff. However you need to do that, just please try to get something going.
A&E department is working fine, not much to manage there; OOC more or less runs itself.
JAL, keep working on those syndication deals. But again, I'd REALLY like to see some articles on the Wire before we accept any.
Ator's done quite well despite the fact he wasn't elected. I'd give him a bit of a break if it weren't for the fact that the Invaders don't do vacation. :lol:
External Affairs is obviously inactive. If anyone in the Diplomatic Corps could try to take some charge there and make sure everyone's doing their jobs, thank you.
Sniffles, you keep yourself entertained somehow. Justice never seems to have that much to do.
Fedele, if you could try to get some work done on that University - get JAL and Alhoma to work with you, and anyone else with nothing better to do. I'd like to see at least some foundations going before the next election cycle.

Let's try to get going, people. *Most* of you were elected on the premise that you would do certain things - now let's see them done.

Never that much to do?!!!!

Between making no one happy and wandering through the Interim Court Rules and trying to make sense of it........

*KABOOM

alright entertained and better now

Polts, you sit in that corner - Sniffles, you sit in the other one. both of you KNOCK IT OFF. If you really don't like each other, then leave each other the hell alone.

Polts, sorry to keep banging on you (I'm really not out to get you, believe it or not), but that first post of yours completely deserved the bashing you got from Eras. If you can't say something nice, kindly be quiet. If people are really hostile to your existence, maybe it's because you're a little too blunt at times. Just calm down a bit. ;)

Now then.
I'm entitled to my opinion and what I said is true!! Just because you do not agree with what I say or it upsets you because it is critical of the region as it stands does not give you the right to tell me to shut up!!

Now, if you could dismantle what I have said with a logical argument, that'd be much better than putting your admin hat on and telling people you disagree with to shut up!!

Polts, you've been doing just fine in terms of RA applications (in that none of them have attempted a rebellion yet), but Sniffles is correct in that you need to work on some recruitment stuff. However you need to do that, just please try to get something going.

Let's try to get going, people. *Most* of you were elected on the premise that you would do certain things - now let's see them done.

I wasn't elected to do anything!! I wasn't elected at all, in fact I was rejected twice!!

As for the MoIIA, I am going to be verifying the list of RAs and their TNP and UN nations this weekend so any "recruitment" to the forum will have to wait!! Unless of course my Deputy wants to help out?! The list seems way out of date which doesn't bode well for previous MoIIA but I guess everyone will expect me to tidy up months of mismanagement!!

Never that much to do?!!!!

Between making no one happy and wandering through the Interim Court Rules and trying to make sense of it........
Well, I could trump up some impeachment charges on someone if you'd like - it might make the MoEA situation a bit easier... :lol:

I'm entitled to my opinion and what I said is true!! Just because you do not agree with what I say or it upsets you because it is critical of the region as it stands does not give you the right to tell me to shut up!!

Now, if you could dismantle what I have said with a logical argument, that'd be much better than putting your admin hat on and telling people you disagree with to shut up!!

I actually wasn't intending to act as Admin there, Polts - if anything, I was acting as PM, but really I was just trying to respond to your post. It is my opinion that you tend to be a bit blunt at times, and it is the opinion of Eras and I that you were a bit over the top in that post.

And quite frankly, if something you say is critical to the region's security, I have full right to tell you to shut up. Possibly impeach you depending on the severity.

If you're updating the lists (good idea, I don't think NH ever got around to doing it), just know that I'm not going to be around for the next week or so, starting Friday. TNP nation is as always Hersfold, and you have my UN nation. If it dies off unexpectedly, which is very possible, I'll put Hersfold in the UN as soon as I get back.

I actually wasn't intending to act as Admin there, Polts - if anything, I was acting as PM, but really I was just trying to respond to your post. It is my opinion that you tend to be a bit blunt at times, and it is the opinion of Eras and I that you were a bit over the top in that post.
You are entitled to your opinion, still not grounds to tell me to shut up because you do not agree with what I said!! PM or otherwise!!

And quite frankly, if something you say is critical to the region's security, I have full right to tell you to shut up. Possibly impeach you depending on the severity.

What in my post had anything to do with regional security?!

If you're updating the lists (good idea, I don't think NH ever got around to doing it), just know that I'm not going to be around for the next week or so, starting Friday. TNP nation is as always Hersfold, and you have my UN nation. If it dies off unexpectedly, which is very possible, I'll put Hersfold in the UN as soon as I get back.

Or I could have you struck from the RA!! :w00t:

I didn't say anything you had said was a potential breach of security. But since you brought it up, I thought I would just make my point clear.
Just because you do not agree with what I say or it upsets you because it is critical of the region as it stands does not give you the right to tell me to shut up!!
I couldn't quite figure out what you meant by that, so I just covered all the bases.
Or I could have you struck from the RA!!
Heh. Wrong person to mess with. ;) (I know, (think?) you're joking.)

I didn't say anything you had said was a potential breach of security. But since you brought it up, I thought I would just make my point clear.
Just because you do not agree with what I say or it upsets you because it is critical of the region as it stands does not give you the right to tell me to shut up!!
I couldn't quite figure out what you meant by that, so I just covered all the bases.
Or I could have you struck from the RA!!
Heh. Wrong person to mess with. ;) (I know, (think?) you're joking.)
I produced a critical analyses of the region with respect to receiving new ideas!! The term "region as it istands" refers to the region in its current structure!! I'm not sure where your got regional security risks from, but anyway!!

And, yes, I was joking!! I just love seeing you get all high and mighty!! Don;t mess with the big, bad Admin!! :lol:

Back