Embassy of The Lexicon

I share the above sentiments that it was a shame that there was no native wish to become more active - despite being offered the quite considerable resources that are at The Lexicon's disposal.

I was just wondering if there was some particular reason that this region is of interest to the Prime Minister of The North Pacific?

Though I can't pretend to speak for our Prime Minister, I believe he was simply checking up on a topic that was brought up some time ago in one of The Lexicon's reports likely out of curiosity more than anything else. Naturally, it is easier just to ask on here than to look at the page on NationStates.

speaking for the Prime Minister :P it was simply that my curiosity was piqued when it was mentioned in a Lexicon report, and I want interested to see how it panned out.

I could, and did, look at the NS page, but that often does not give the full story, especially as someone talked about giving the ZT folks space on the Lexicon board to help rebuild the government. So stuff may have been going on unseen.

I trust that answers the Founder of the Lexicon's question.

I can't speak for our Founder, of course, but that seems like a frank, full and reasonable answer to me, Flem.

If we have disposed of that issue, do you think it might be fun to start a thread of "I can't speak for ..." answers? For example: I can't speak for George Bush, but I believe he is presently questioning whether it was a good idea to involve a guy named Scooter in a "clever" plot.

Heh. I cannot speak for the Minister of Arts and Entertainment, but that seems like a jolly good idea to me. I look forward to seeing it in the out of Character forum.

Happy Easter, friends.

egg0xd.jpg

Regional Update 24th April 2006

UN Delegate: Insane Power.
Nations:948

Delegacy Elections
[*] The Lexicon recently held its first ever delegacy elections!
[*] The campaign was fought between two co-founders and former delegates of TNP, Insane Power and Wilkshire, with Insane Power becoming the new delegate!
[*] Insane Power then made a statement to the Lexicon and the World, to be found here, in which he outlined his grand plans for making the region even more of a force to be reckoned with than it already is.
voting-730503.jpg

Insane Power voting, possibly for himself

New High Council
[*] A new delegate, a new High Council!
HC Internal Affairs - WelshCorgis
HC Community - The Crazy Monkeymen
HC External Affairs - Cartwrightia
HC Lexicon Confederacy - Drobin
HC Military Intelligence - LDK
britishcabinetroom.jpg

Half the region’s budget has been spent on a shiny new table for the High Council

[*] Under the new Regional Influence rules, The Lexicon has attained an influence level of “Extremely High”, the highest possible level!

[*] A row over spying erupted between Jethnea and The Lexicon, ending in a citizen of The Lexicon being called to the region’s High Court. The citizen has plead guilty, and the region awaits the court’s decision on punishment.

[*] Lexicon Army forces took action against a foreign founder who was guilty of illegal recruiting, gutting his region in the process.
in-Img_Serbian-Intro2.jpg

TLA Troops storm The Global Conspiracy’s government building hoping to find a new brand of chocolate for Cathyy and TCM to sample

Role Play
Civil war in Romanar is turning into full-scale war as Imperial tanks rolled into Romanarian soil. Empire revealed it's new devastating weapons in battlefields. Frightening flame tanks burns everything in their way.

MDP and The G Rebellion are planning a meeting in Crack Rock City, hopefully this will prevent from another Cold War in The Lexicon.

Yadak and Saint Oz are still waging war. Recently Ozian troops lead an assault on Yadakian shores. A smoke rises from Yadakian cities... Both sides are urged to cease hostilies.

Terror in Fayara? CosmoColonists established terrorist cells in Fayara in order to bring chaos, wreak havoc and destruction in peacefull Fayarian cities. Will this menace be stopped?
By LDK

United Nations
The Lexicon voted:
FOR “Repeal Scientific Freedom”, which passed in the UN
AGAINST “Auto Free Trade Agreement”, which was defeated in the UN
AGAINST “Repeal Banning Use of Landmines”, which was defeated in the UN
FOR “Repeal Hydrogen Powered Vehicles”, which was defeated in the UN

Nationstates region: The_Lexicon
Forum: http://s13.invisionfree.com/TheLexicon
IRC(Esper.net) #The_Lexicon

To the observant amongst you, you will note that hand was indeed a staged double! Which unfortunately immediately after the photo was taken was attacked by the red bug at the bottom of the picture!

Good to see some old familliar names still around TNP.

Edit: To correct grammar.

Regional Update 15th May 2006

UN Delegate: Insane Power.
Nations: 1096

Delegacy in Crisis
[*] Insane Power has been forced to defend himself after just two weeks in post as the Delegate of the Lexicon, following reports that aliens helped him win the election
[*] These damaging claims were published by one of the delegate's own High Council, WelshCorgis, in an article he wrote during the election.
[*] Also implicated was ex-delegate Fulhead Land, who IP claims is "an alien".  The cabbage has been unavailable for comment.
[*] The original article has been republished below in the interests of journalistic objectivity:
ipalien0kj.jpg

Secret photos of Insane Power's corruption were embarrassingly published by one Lexiconian newspaper

New Senators
[*] The Lexicon's Native Senate has welcomed three new Senators to the Rolls out of the 117 citizens currently eligible.
[*] The new senators are The G Rebellion, Marcica and Sovereign Dixie. 
[*] Two other candidates are currently undergoing their application process
[*] The Senate recently passed internal procedures to ensure that senators remain active, including the possibility of being dropped from the Senate Rolls if a member misses three or more votes

External Affairs
[*] The Lexicon is pleased to announce the resumption of normal relations with Jethnea after an unpleasant incident earlier this Spring.
[*] The region is also happy to have opened two new embassies, to North Pacific and The New Meritocracy
291005_6.jpg

The main reason for opening the new embassies was to throw lavish and boozy parties

Role Play
A Lexicon War has started recently, with The Alliance and Coalition going Head-to-head for supplies! Myroria has recently turned into a giant corporation, MDP and PLTO are meeting to talk about the recent war in Romanar, Gaulisia has coronated a new king, and The Celtic Queen and Yellowstone Valley are going about their peaceful ways *cough* as usual.
By Marcica

Community
[*] The Lexicon's busy community continues both to grow and to entertain under new HC Community, TCM, who herself has something to celebrate as she approaches 8500 posts!
[*] Blogs, poetry and gig/album reviews are all to be found in the Real Life section
[*] Meanwhile, in the Discussion Chamber, lively yet well-mannered debates are taking place on all manner of subjects from murder to abortion.
[*] A "Lexicon University" has been started in the hope that we all might gain from the RL experiences of our regionmates, with articles on subjects as diverse as Human Physiology and International Relations theory.
normalspam0ua.jpg

The staple food of many Lexiconian nations

The Lexicon Confederacy
[*] The Lexicon Confederacy Centre, or TLCC, has officially been opened and The Lexicon is in talks with a number of regions about membership
[*] The aim of the Centre is to not only to show prospective members what The Lexicon can offer them, but also for the member regions to converse in a new and exiting environment
[*] The Lexicon Confederacy is a keystone of Delegate Insane Power's plans for The Lexicon, and was set up to foster very close relations with regions interested in mutual help and understanding
[*] Unlike other organisations of this type, the principle aims of TLC are mutual support and aid, rather than the tunnel vision focus on the Neanderthal interests of defence which is so prevalent in NS today.
great-exhibition.gif

The opening of The Lexicon Confederacy Centre coincided with the annual "Wear Something Victorian" Day

Nationstates region: The_Lexicon
Forum: http://s13.invisionfree.com/TheLexicon
IRC(Esper.net) #The_Lexicon

Back