Delegate's duties during handover,

I can not respond in the appropriate thread, so please forgive me posting here!

Goalva, Mr Sniffles is a long term resident of TNP, he even once stood for the Delegacy before Thel D'Ran asked us to set him up! There is no need to attack him!

I amongst other players could enter the danger zone as set by that discussion within 24 hours. I doubt there is a feeder that could respond quickly enough in NS to an attack from a determined group to avoid breaching their endo cap limitations.

This is not a threat, I have been there and don't plan to return. But I do know from experience of both sides of the fence how easy a player can infiltrate.

Personally I would say a position of 400 endorsements is the minimum needed to be certain of a 48 hour safety net and from recent contacts I have made 600 could be a risk within 72 hours.

Anyone approaching 200 is a risk, a level I have repeatedly broken, my record in TNP is 259 endorsements in 24 hours. Far from shutting players like myself out from such discussions, I think TNP could learn a lot if it embraced some of it's best tarts!

I wasn't attacking as such, more disagreeing with him whilst asking him to contribute to the RA.

I don't think we are shutting anyone off from the discussion, excepting of course, members who are not in the RA, as this was supposed legislature change. Feel free to apply for the RA, I'm sure your input would be valued.

Why is there a problem with the informal system in place? The Delegate has sufficient authority to scruntize endo behavior, the Delegate can ask the SC to authorize action if a Nation's endo-capping becomes a threat, and a Nation that is determined to ignore regional norms of conduct will ignore endo caps anyhow.

In the circmstances involving endo caps in the last term, the SC authorized a final warning and authority for the Delegate to act, if the warning was not heeded. I seriously do not believe that a stated endo cap would have made a difference in those cases, and I seriously doubt their existence would increase regional security or decrwase a threat to the region. As I noted before, they do not appear to truly serve a useful purpose. Endo caps appear to be useful, but functionally, they do not. Given that, I am not pursuaded that any formal endo caps should be enacted.

Problem is, some people think the action you mention to be extreme and believe that they should be free to endo tart away without and means for the government to protect the elected Delegate!!

This was the issue I was raising!! I think the current system is fine provided people respect it and the election process!! I have not pushed for an endorsement cap and I do not believe anyone else has!! I have no problem with an endorsement cap either, they are not "evil", they merely provide a clear limit to how far a person can go before they are answerable to the government as a security risk!!

If we are to have an elected Delegate via the system in our Constitution then people's rights will be restricted!! Some people will always put their own goals ahead of regional security and the greater good of the region, we just have to deal with those people as they arise!!

right. The system now, i think, does this. Prehaps we only need clarification, insted of drastic change to the legislature?

Clarification without any clear line in the sand is always going to be difficult!! If people come to the attention of the government as a security threat with vastly differing endorsement tallies then people will complain about that as they will perceive it as preferential treatment of one nation over another!! That is the problem with the system we presently have!!

Fulhead Land was deemed a security threat and removed as a RV despite only having half the endorsements of Kitabo who was not questioned, let alone removed as a RV!! Removal as a RV does not reduce the security risk of a nation so you can see that the grey area does not help people understand the system nor clarify it to anyone!!

Exactly! thats why we need clarification on: "the line in the sand", what else clarifys a threat, what to do if there is a threat

Back