Just a statement of belief

I have a nagging feeling that we made the wrong decision here, and as an RA member, I want to officially register my discontent wiht moving the opfficial forum. Move like that should never be taken lightly. An old forum has so much history and power and unity behind it, and we lit it al on fire for a mask error. I believe you should only change forums in the greatest of needs, such as root admin and others runnign boards become oppressive and delete posts and it becomes impossible to run the government. Then you should set up the government elsewhere, and then move back to the old forum if you can when the differences are worked out.

This region has already been harmed from the days of infinite "official" regional forums, I fear that we have added another nail into the coffin of activity and only de-legitimized the government.

When we made the constitution, we held a vote on forums, and I remember many who are now solidly behind the forum move say that "S2 holds the spirit of the region. It is our eldest, and most active board. It is best for our history and best for unity." I head many, many other great arguments in not throwing out S2. I am afraid now that we threw the baby out with the bathwater.

I hope for success of this board and that ti will not hurt the region, but I would like to see the following.

1-a complete preservation of the old forum.
2-a concerted effort to move vack to s2 if we can figure out the mask issue.

*throws his two cents into the speaker's box and decends back to his assembly seat.*

My friend, those days are long gone.

The mask error was fixed, but the current siutation is this:

Twoslit refuses to work the current government.
Many of the cabinet have been banned.
All moderators have been removed.
Twoslit shows no sign of even meeting us halfway.

I too feel the darkness in my soul from losing our history, but Twoslit has shown his true colours and there is very little any of us can do about it.

In the interests of getting a representative view of the region, this forum isn't official until the end of the vote. We have moved a lot of stuff here because some Ministries can't function on S2 at the minute.

And in answer to your second question:

The Constitution:
Section 3. Legislation.

A - Any registered voter of The North Pacific may submit a bill to the Regional Assembly as a proposed law or submit a proposal for a constitutional amendment. Proposals shall be submitted to the Speaker.

Hope that helps :)

Not just the cabinet have been banned. I have been under a ban and now am on moderator preview on S2.

I like to think that if I were a danger to the forum, region or community it would have been manifest in the weeks I was sole admin on S2, or the three months I was delegate.

Ditto to ^

It's really been much more than just a simple mask issue, F&P. Twoslit has proven himself, to put it simply, completely uncooperative, to the point of being actually insulting towards several people.

If you look in the archives, you will see that there is a link to the s2 forum. The last time I checked, twoslit said that he wasn't planning on closing down that forum - everyone knows he hates deleting anything, so I think we can safely rely on that insistence now.

The community is the people, not the forum!! People can come here and express their views without fear of unnecessary moderation!!

F&P... I do believe that Twoslit believes his actions are and were justified. Somewhere in his belief set all his actions were appropriate. The problem is the vast majority of people in the community disagree. So what to do when the root admin is so out of touch with the community that they harm it through their actions, but refuse to give up power and move on?

Sadly, it seems the community must move.

I was among the s2's most staunch supporters. There was a small.. and i do mean SMALL group of us who kept the s2 viable during its darkest days, but I came to recognize this... which may be obvious to newer nations.... the forum is like a house for the family that lives there. You share, talk, laugh and cry there, but it's just wood and brick. What really counts is the people in it, not the building.

When you move out of one house and into another, its natural to have a sense of loss. There are a lot of memories stored in that old house. During a move, you take the belongings with you that you need, but most importantly, you take the whole family.

When there were other "official TNP" forums created, some of the family stayed behind. This time, everyone was ready for it, there was widepread support for it, and the government and new admin saw to it that the necessities were taken care of to facilitate the move. If we left anyone behind, let me know. I'll go back to get them.

Not RA, so forgive me if I'm out of line, but I agree with ^.

s2 was a great board. At one point, it was the highlight of NS for many.

But the time has come to move on. twoslit has made his position very clear, and it is evident that he will NOT back down. As such, we must go. It saddens me, but it is necessary.

In the aftermath of the Pixiedance/NPD debacle, many of us who resisted thought it was symbolically important that the regional officially return to s2. We understood Two might present obstacles, but Ananke and Flem were serving as admin, and we thought that relations with Two could be managable.

The region had just held a referendum on an official forum, and s2 was clearly the preference of the region. After the last Cabinet was elected, there was a discussion about how to approach and work with Two, given that Ananke had retired, and Flem felt it important to step down as an admin in order to serve as regional delegate.

The fact that Two has managed to alienate successive elected governments of TNP is a fact that cannot be ignored. What is important here is that Two kept making unilateral decisions as root admin that often went against government choices properly made. The fact that a substantial block of those who supported the selection of s2 as the official forum back in July now support a move is an important factor that has to be considered. Two has managed to convince many of us who supported staying at s2 that it is time to move on. I'm one of them. I see this as much reactive and preventive......but either way it is necessary is order to protect the constitutional system we have chosen for ourselves and avoid a tryanny of either a root admin or of a delegate or a player who is both. In my view this is the essential reason for proposing and supporting this move.

Are we happy about it? No. We respect the history s2 represents for TNP. But we do not see any other likely solution to the dilemma the region faced were we to remain. So yes, it is the time to move.

I absolutely agree. Two's style of Admin/Moderations is somewhat extreme and lacking in any sense of humor whatsoever.

Roman

That'd be incredibly chaotic, and I can see it lending to nothing apart from continued instability within the region, ,as different admin philiosophies could easily clash every few months, resulting in huge upheavals.

Edit: *GaspoStab*

ALL admin should be a stable position with people that have been in a region for a long time and are trusted by people for their stable natures.

Additionally, having to explain all admin setups each election would be insane. This should not happen on any forum that has complicated setups with secure areas.

Security is something I often don't think about because I work with ultra-paranoid people usually, but Eras is correct; having rotating adminship is highly detrimental to the need for confidentiality within some areas of forums, particularly as pertains to high-level government meetings, but also military and intelligence work.

Well this is a very good discussion and it seems to be moving in a productive direction with regards to the question of adminship and how to solve that thorny problem.

Feel free to express yourselves about the forum move, although if the thread from Important Discussions on s2 has been moved here, that might be a better place.

Back