TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
sc.jpg

Repeal: “Liberate Realm Of The Whispering Winds”
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #411
Proposed by: Skiva | Onsite Topic
Replacement: < None >​

The Security Council,
Noting that throughout the vastness of the multiverse, few regions captured the seafaring mindset as elegantly as the pirate crew of the Realm of the Whispering Winds, hereby referred to as “the Realm”,

Observing that, following the guidance of the incredible captain Halcyon nova, the Realm established a way of life involving rum, treasure, and a penchant for gratifying interactions with fellow pirates,

Saddened by the departure of Halcyon nova from the waters oft traveled by the Realm, ultimately leaving the captain’s quarters in the hands of , a beloved deck officer elected to the position by the crew,

Despaired by the stagnation of the Realm, causing rival crews to board the ship, resulting in a forceful seizure of the captain’s quarters and all priorly obtained plunder,

Gladdened by intervention from foreign naval forces, restoring native crew to the position of captain and taking measures in the form of Security Council Resolution #411, which prevents the permanent dismantling of the ship, thereby preserving the lifestyle for many crew to come,

Cognizant of the continued boardings, even after the native Xvraks’ ascension to the captaincy, but nonetheless still grateful for Security Council Resolution #411 and the continued helpful responses from foreign navy fleets,

Aware of the order given by Xvraks, stating the necessity of a temporary departure from the high seas in order to repair the ship, rejuvenate the crew, and restock on plenty of rum,

Conscious that Security Council Resolution #411 has served its solemn duty and now stands as the last obstacle before sailing towards better waters,

Hereby repeals “Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds.”
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations, NPA personnel, and those on NPA deployments will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote. If you are on an NPA deployment without being formally registered as an NPA member, name your deployed nation in your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview

This resolution seeks to repeal SC#411, “Liberate Realm Of The Whispering Winds”. The resolution cites a desire to go on an independent path, presumably to mean transitioning to a stronghold as the key rationale for the lifting of the liberation order.

Recommendation

We remain somewhat concerned about the security of the Realm Of The Whispering Winds. We feel that if this region is re-invaded, destruction of this region is likely. As it is, the liberation resolution, combined with defender puppets placed in this region, is itself a mechanism by which the region is kept safe from destruction.

Thus, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the SC proposal at vote, Repeal: “Liberate Realm Of The Whispering Winds”.

Last edited:
I'd default to an Against until native support can be ascertained as this is a repeal of a resolution from Quebecshire.

Skiva here-- There absolutely is native support. I'm unaware of where such a notion came from, considering Xvraks' has detailed his support on the drafting forum, as well as submitted his own resolution for a repeal prior to my involvement, which can be inferenced from this RMB post. I've been in contact with Xvraks throughout the entire process, whether it is through my nation Books Rule Supreme (which was once a native of the Realm), or through my discord.

The phrase "native support" is not a magical incantation that means we should automatically support a resolution applying to a region. We should decide our vote on this resolution based on our interests, which, I would consider, are to prevent this region from being destroyed or otherwise falling into the hands of BoM-affiliated raiders. If they took this region, they would likely try to destroy it, finishing the task they failed to accomplish in 2022. As it is, the liberation resolution, combined with defender puppets placed in this region, is itself a mechanism by which the region is kept safe from destruction.

It has happened that in the past, raiders have infiltrated regions, posing as natives for the purpose of being entrusted with increased powers over the region. Without accusing the author of this resolution of being a part of that, I will say that a very high bar of trust should exist to give such increased powers to the delegate of the region. I am not convinced that very high bar has been met.

(Non-WA) Changed to against.

Region got invaded, Comfed’s insight made much more sense than what Simone had brought up.

Repeal "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds" was passed 7,142 votes to 3,688.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back