TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
r8oFWPV.png

THE CHARTER OF THE ASSOCIATION OF NATIONS
(3 January 2024)​

Preamble
THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE KINGDOM OF PRYDANIA, UNION OF GREAT ESÞURSIA, NORSIAN EMPIRE, SYRIXIAN EMPIRE, KHASTENIAN REPUBLIC, REPUBLIC OF ULTRAMONT, KINGDOM OF MINTORIA, UNITED TRIBES OF ESSALANEA, COMMONWEALTH OF AUBERVIJR, KINGDOM OF JUSTOSIA, REPUBLIC OF HEXASTALIA, KINGDOM OF MERILIA, REPUBLIC OF SOROVIA, IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF GOYANES, KALIVESE REPUBLIC, GREATER TARDINEANNI EMPIRE, IMPERIUN SUAVIDICI, STATE OF IRAELIA, KINGDOM OF ANDRENNE, PRINCIPALITY OF SIL DORSETT, STATE OF SEINOKU, FIVE PEOPLES OF GWLADCAN, GRAND DUCHY OF VIVANCO, REPUBLIC OF ZEMNAYA SVOBODA, AND GREATER ILIAN COALITION OF THE EASTERN LEAGUES OF ITREA AND ICETIO AND THE WESTERN REGENT KINGDOM OF TAVERIS AND ISALIA

Convinced that the pursuit of peace based upon justice and international cooperation is vital for the continued existence of human society and civilization,

Reaffirming their devotion to the spiritual and moral values which are the common heritage of their peoples and the true source of individual freedoms, political liberty and the rule of law, principles that form the basis of all true, genuine democracy,

Believing that, for the maintenance of these ideals and the protection of democratic institutions against those political forces set against the freedom of peoples, there is a need for a closer unity between the like-minded, democratic states of Eras,

Considering that, to respond to this need and the expressed aspirations of their peoples in this regard, it is necessary forthwith to create an organization that will bring democratic states in closer association for the protection of their ideals,

Have in consequence resolved to establish an Association of Nations consisting of a committee of Representatives of governments and of a consultative assembly, and have for this purpose adopted this Charter of the Association of Nations.

Article I. The Establishment of the Association of Nations
A multinational and intergovernmental organization, the Association of Nations, hereinafter referred to as “the Association,” shall hereby be established by this Charter.

The action of the Association under this Charter shall be effected through the instrumentality of an established Association Assembly and a rotating Association Council, with a permanent Secretariat.

Article II. Aim of the Association of Nations
The aim of the Association is to achieve greater unity and cooperation between its member-states for the purpose of realizing and safeguarding the ideals and principles which are their common democracy and their commitments to the liberties of peoples.

This aim shall be pursued by the organs of the Association by discussion of questions of common concern and by agreements and common action in economic, legal, political, and administrative and in the maintenance and further realization of human rights and fundamental freedoms.

Participation in the Association shall not affect the collaboration of its members in the work of other international organizations and unions to which they are partied.

Article III. On Membership
The members of the Association shall be those nation-states that are signatories to this Charter. Members of the Association shall be hereinafter referred to as “the Member-States.”

Every Member-State of the Association must accept the principles of the rule of law, of free and fair democracy.

States within the Association who allow their democratic systems of government to degrade and fall victim to authoritarian power structures will be suspended by a simple majority vote of the Association’s Member-States and expelled by a ⅔ majority vote of Member-States.

States may apply to be observers in the AN without a membership vote.

Article IV. The Association Assembly
The Association Assembly shall consist of appointed Representatives of the Member-States of the Association.

The Association Assembly shall meet at stated intervals from time to time as occasion may require at the Seat of the Association or at such other place as may be decided upon.

At meetings of the Association Assembly, each Member-State shall be entitled to one vote and may possess within the Assembly no more than three Representatives.

The Association Assembly shall elect one member from itself as Secretary General of the Association. The office of Secretary General will then rotate among all Association Assembly Representatives every three months, following the list of member states.

The sitting Secretary General shall appoint deputies to aid in their duties as they see fit.

Article V. The Seat of the Association
The Seat of the Association is established at CITY, NATION.

The Association Council may, at any time, decide that the Seat of the Association be established elsewhere.

Article VI. Association Committees
The Association Secretariat may, at any time, propose the creation of an Association Committee—a subsidiary organization of the Association that serves to, in any capacity deemed necessary, further the cause of the Association.

The creation of any new committees is subject to the majority approval of both the Association Council and the Association Assembly.

Secretary General: Ragna Veirod, Prydania

Members
Prydania
Esþursia
Norsia
Syrixia
Khastenia
Ultramont
Mintoria
Essalanea
Aubervijr
Justosia
Hexastalia
Merilia
Sorovia
Goyanes
Kaliva
Tardine
Suavidici
Iraelia
Andrenne
Sil Dorsett
Seinoku
Gwladcan
Vivanco
Zemnaya Svoboda
Ilia

Application

Code:
[b]Country[/b]:
[b]Representative[/b]:
[b]Applying for Membership or Observer Status?[/b]:

*note* Observer applications will be automatically approved. Member applications will be voted on per the above charter.

Last edited:
Ragna Veierod, Prydania's AN delegate, leaned into her microphone.

"Given the recent terror attack against our organization and the unfolding crisis between Iolanta and member state Sorovia I motion that we elect a Secretary General immediately. Are there any nominations?"

Weskerby, Union of Esthursia

Grand King Akashihito III, in the absence of a Seinokan delegate, took hold of the microphone.

"I nominate Ragna Veierod."

His private secretary leaned towards him

"Is that wise, Your Majesty?"

Akashihito nodded, engulfing the mic's receiver in his palm. Just in case what he says would be amplified.

"The Prydanians helped create this whole thing. Let them make a mess of it first."

Last edited:
Jean-Michel Payette approached his new desk in the AN assembly as the emergent crowd gathered around in light of the crises he had foreseen. He sank into his chair and indulged in the ceremony of it all, totally ignorant of the panic which was accumulating around him and his recently-mended friendship with the oracular vegan aide, whose name he had revealed to be Hugo Michaud, and who was looking more and more to be the regular representative to Fjármagn in Payette's stead.

Hugo sat beside him and proceeded to tap blankly at the microphone. "I can't believe they're letting you spill your filthy mouth on the world stage, Monsieur Payette."

"I'm pretty sure that's on, Hugo." Slighted Payette.
"So you were right about the inevitable crisis." Hugo began. "Have you also considered the fact that..."
"Shush!" Payette scorned once more. "I told you that you may have the ability to work with me here in the Association of Nations. But clearly, you need to learn when not to use that ability."
"Oh-h-h... of course. A plot device. Very prudent choice, Monsieur Payette." Hugo said, continuing to tap at the microphone.

Jean-Michel snatched the apparatus from Hugo's grasp and pulled it towards his mouth. "The Republic of Ultramont nominates Ragna Veierod for the position of Secretary General."

Hugo finally went silent as Payette muted the mike and placed it neatly back on the desktop.

"Let this be an example of how you can best fulfil your role by saying as little as possible." Said Payette.
"A-ha. Now I think I'm starting to understand." Hugo smirked.

Last edited:
John Largan considered for few moments. He could sit back... but why? He knew this was the perfect opportunity for his more moderate approach to steer the Esthursian diplomatic position, while also giving Auroria its place on the international stage, and with the Aurorias both hosting the first conference and both of its crises, it seemed only fitting for him to speak up. Even if he did not get nominated, he knew that his three months would come by late spring anyway should Ragna Veierod be nominated - but it was the symbolism of an Aurorian standing that mattered most for him.

He elected to stand.

"The Union of Great Esthursia has nominated me, John Largan, to be a prospective for the Secretary-General. I, of course, welcome all other prospective representatives and wish every single person here the best - yet what is clear to me, is that the issues facing the AN and its involvement in the world in the coming months are immediately related to Auroria in many capacities. It is for that reason that the Esthursian delegation saw it fit for the first host to be from Auroria, or at the very least, for an Aurorian bid to the AN position to be put forward, regardless of its outcome. The crisis in Iolanta requires immediate action, and I feel it would be somewhat more ideal for an Aurorian host to be able to kickstart the first three months of this in some role."

"Even an Aurorian being able to stand in front of the world and stand for any global office is, in and of itself, marking a true milestone in our continental and global history."

Largan paused, readjusting his sleeve.

"We are sure that whoever is nominated as Secretary-General will have the best of intentions; will execute their job well, with responsibility, and with dignity; will put world peace, stability, democracy and the rule of just law at the paramount of their agenda, and the same for all future Secretary-Generals thereafter, I do hope. I similarly remain wholly convinced that the AN, its members and its common interest will deliver a peaceable solution to both of these pressing issues facing Auroria and the wider world, and warmly look forward to working with each and every one of you here today to bring that solution to fruition in the very, very near future. This Association is the first step into the democratic frontier, and we are taking it collectively this year."

Last edited:
Dr. Rajaratnam looked to each side. He knew exactly what this was: an Aurorian voting bloc. The last thing the fledging AN needed was a leader representing the single most chaotic region on the planet. That would be anything but a stable hand.

"The Empire concurs with the nominations for Ms. Veierod," he said, standing up slowly but with his usual booming voice, one that had surely helped make him one of Syrixia's most respected scholars. "given her country's pivotal role in bringing all of us together here. Prydania is a modern success story that validates, to the highest order, the spirit of this Association and the common values for which it stands. A country torn apart by hatred and reaction was brought back together by good people who chose to be better, and then brought up to the world stage within a matter of years through the collective efforts of numerous parties working together for a worthy cause. Colleagues, I dare say this choice is only natural. The Prydanians have seen firsthand the pain of what happens when we give in to the darker sides of our nature, and as such they have been some of the most tireless advocates for the formation and growth of this organization. There is no more fitting country to contribute our inaugural Secretary-General than theirs."

Former Foreign Minister Sergio Montoya was a committed nationalist. Recently dismissed from his post by new Soc Dem PM Henrico Pena, he had taken being fired far better than his former boss, former nationalist PM Enrique Suarez. However it would be wrong to say he wasn't........irked. This was a lovely consolation prize. Upon returning to Justosia, his king put forth his nomination to the AN to the Senado. The new right leaning Justosia Forward Party & harder right Justosia Nationalist Front came together briefly again for 50 votes. Two moderate, sympathetic Soc Dem Senadors helped push him thru. PM Pena agreed to his nomination on a bit of a probationary level.

He was here personally, to show the rest of Eras that a staunch nationalist can still believe in democratic & republican government. Dispel any stereotypes. Professionally, he had been advised by his king that when the time to nominate a Secretary General came, NOT to nominate himself. Justosia would back Prydania's nominee. As she was from a nation Avalon considers an ally. He waited his turn, & leaned towards his microphone.

"The Archipiélagic Kingdom of Justosia is for the nomination of Ragna Veierod via His Royal Majesty King Akashihito the Third. Justosia stands by its allies."

Last edited:
Ragna Veierod had not expected to be put up for nomination. Her government had given no instructions that she stand. The Seinokans had done that, and it picked up steam.

She leaned into her microphone, suddenly having to make a speech she didn't think she'd have to give.

"I would first like to thank Dr. Rajaratnam for his kind words," she began.
"It's true that our own experiences in part led to the founding of this organization, and the faith the Empire's delegate puts in myself and my country is truly humbling."

She paused for a moment.

"I'd also like to extend my hand of friendship and appreciation to Herra Largan. Where I come from on Stormurholmr we have a saying- someone who dances by themselves is just a madman hoping in circles. The Union of Great Esþursia was the first foreign power my government trusted this proposal with, and they took our hand in friendship and helped us make it a reality. I have no doubt that should Herra Largen win this vote the AN will be in capable hands from the start."

She paused for a moment and looked down. A picture of her family from back home poked out from a black folder that contained official paperwork for this meeting. And she looked up.

"Given that many here have entrusted me with their vote, I feel I need to state what our priorities will be should I be chosen to inaugurate the AN's leadership."

She paused again, and looked at the Iraelian delegation. A new set of faces- and not the people expected to represent that nation here.

"The terrorist attack that was broadcast at our founding ceremony was meant to pry us apart before we even began. Think of it. By design this treaty, this organization, does not have a military component. Yet what was done invites a military response. At least in the gut. But we must do better. We need to pool our resources, defend ourselves, and isolate this group, this Ten Rings, wherever they may be. The day may come when the armed forces of our governments are called on but I believe we need to avoid falling into traps set by those who wish to tease our darker natures."

Ragna sighed.

"As for Iolanta I know that unlike the Ten Rings threat, this one invites disagreement amongst us." She looked to the Andrennian delegates for a moment.

"And states such as Scalvia that are not members of our organization will demand a say in how these matters are settled. What I propose is a grand conclave dedicated to this very powerful issue that is Sorovia's invasion of Iolanta. We will, in the spirit of our guiding principals, talk to each other. And through this- as well as dialogue with outside forces- we will attempt to craft a consensus around both a stated position and a course of action. I don't believe we can successfully change everyone's mind... but we can build towards what our organization is founded on... a democratically arrived at way forward."

She took a sip of water before straightening her papers.

"I thank the AN for its time, and for the faith shown in me so far."

"With the recent end of our civil war the Imperial government would like to formally request that whomever is elected to general secretary would move forward with the prosecution of Nero. The Imperial government would like to set a precedent for those who commit crimes against humanity. The Imperial government would like to also show that the Imperium would like to distance itself from the Nero regime." Minister Constantine Aurelius said.

"If both parties could please explain their commitment to the prosecution of Nero, and if there is any plans to aid in the rebuilding of the Imperium I would better be able to vote in the interest of my government." The Minister said.

Ok let's get formal voting under way

Code:
[b]Country[/b]:
[b]Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?[/b]: <Ragna Veierod> <John Largan>

Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?: <Ragna Veierod>

Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?: Ragna Veierod

Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?: John Largan

Last edited:

Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?: John Largan

Who do you cast a vote for, for AN Secretary General?: <John Largan>

Country: The Greater Ilian Coalition of the Eastern Leagues of Itrea and Icetio and the Western Regent-Kingdom of Taveris and Isalia

OOC Note: The following isn't made by any one character, but merely an announcement of the results.
IC:

Ragna Veirod of Pyrdania has achieved thirteen votes, the majority needed to carry the election. John Largan of Esþursia will assume the office and duties of Secretary General when Regna Veirod's term ends in three months' time.

Ragna Veierod
Prydania
Norsia
Syrixia
Khastenia
Ultramont
Justosia
Kaliva
Suavidici
Andrenne
Sil Dorsett
Seinoku