-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
El_Fiji_Grande
Discord
El Fiji Grande (#3446)
To the Election Commissioners @Chipoli & @Skaraborg:

This morning, after the election results were posted, I checked the Spreadsheet and did not find my private ballot ID among the entries. This led me to allege in the voting thread that my ballot was not recorded. Following a discussion with Gorundu in Discord DMs, the situation appeared more complicated, with questions arising about whether ballot results were changed. However, after reading the discussion in the election-commisioner chat, it appears that two of the private ballots had the same voter ID. The first vote was recorded, albeit with a changed ID in the spreadsheet. The second - mine - was not counted at all. Perhaps it was not even seen, perhaps it did not register since it had the same ballot ID. The immediate solution should be simple: please revise the election results to include my ballot. The results will not be changed, but the percentages will be a little different. Perhaps a note that private voters should check that their ballots not have the same ID as existing votes should be added to the election thread template. That might relieve some of the confusion if this ever happens again.

Thanks. I'm sure this was an honest mistake.

@El Fiji Grande Are you invoking 4.3.18 of the Legal Code to launch a Citizen's Petition to review of a decision of the election supervisors, or are you asking the supervisors to first make a decision that would then subsequently be reviewed? If it's the former, can you clarify what decision you're asking to review?

Last edited:
The former. I am challenging the Election Commission Supervisors' decision (by error or otherwise) to not count my vote in the November 2023 Judicial election. It is my belief that my vote was legally cast as required by the legal code and election rules.

Back