Signature size limit

Having the line above the signature a different length to the line at the top of a post does not look great to me personally. I kind of like everyone's signatures taking up a similar space, but 550px by 400px makes them appear fairly squashed and slightly distracts from the post immediately above, especially if the signature has lots of colours or images. Keep in mind these are solely aesthetic takes rather than technical ones.

Put it back pls. Looks nicer that way. Just look at my very busy signature. It's distracting

I think a hard width limit is not necessary unless people's sigs are going off the page.

I prefer the old limit. My signature, for example, is crammed and is not very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

I may keep just a vertical limit and get rid of the horizontal limit, that would seem to make sense

400 is a number from 2005. What should the number be now?

I think 400 is a perfectly reasonable vertical height limit; @Halsoni's signature is exactly that tall currently with both the vertical and horizontal limits in place. Excessively tall signatures can be quite distracting, in my opinion. That said, I can hardly complain about distracting sigs when I, like everyone else, have the option to turn them off entirely.

I notice that with the vertical limit expandable content seems to be sometimes cut off:
UQRh9wI.png

^ Robespierre's sig

Last edited:
The awkward cut off of my own signature is annoying. I suggest making the horizontal limit either really large or somehow make spoilers break that limit if that's possible? I don't know how forums work

Back