RA Secret Ballot Amendment

Do people seriously think that everyone will assume the election supervisors rigged the election if it was conducted by a private ballot? I hardly think TNPers are that conspiracy-minded.
We have a great many systems in place in this region designed to combat the worst possible actors. Having those systems in place does not automatically mean that we assume there is a bad actor among us, it means that we have measures in place to combat one.

It should be noted that bad faith election commissioners was one of the ways that the Lexicon planned to coup TNP during a state of war. They got the guy in place, but failed due to a leak within their organization.

Bad faith actors are to be expected in a GCR.

A main difference between elections and legislative voting involves who is in charge. The EC is vetted and approved by the RA. A deputy speaker is appointed. It would be much easier for a bad actor to schmooze the Speaker than to hoodwink the entire RA.

BTW, I am more conspiracy-minded than most. It's kind of in my job description.

It should be noted that bad faith election commissioners was one of the ways that the Lexicon planned to coup TNP during a state of war. They got the guy in place, but failed due to a leak within their organization.

Bad faith actors are to be expected in a GCR.
No, it was a suborned Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs, who was responsible for admitting nations to the Regional Assembly under the then-constitution.

I'd like to revive this discussion. From what I have seen in this thread, I have changed the bill to simply make private votes optional. Since that is the status quo in elections, it now is only about the RA.

One more thing that bears mentioning - the RA is the pool of potential candidates for higher office. A candidate's voting record is indicative of where they stand on the issues. I think it is a positive thing for us to be transparent about it.

A main difference between elections and legislative voting involves who is in charge. The EC is vetted and approved by the RA. A deputy speaker is appointed. It would be much easier for a bad actor to schmooze the Speaker than to hoodwink the entire RA.

BTW, I am more conspiracy-minded than most. It's kind of in my job description.

That's actually an important difference. Deputy Speakers are appointed. EC is approved/rejected by the RA so there is at least a democratic vote to accept/reject. I mean, 37 voters voted the last confirmation as EC of yours truly, with two abstains. All EC on-site conversations (including Discord) are fully public as well.

Last edited:
Back