July 22nd Update: Europe Reconsiders Its Embassy Policies

Amicitica

Foreign Envoy
-
Pronouns
He/him
e-foreign-horizontal-dark-350px.png

A recent poll in Europe asks to those in the region to give their opinion on the current embassy policy and the numerous diplomatic missions in place. Early voting suggests continued strong support for embassies, but also significant support for the reevaluation of some diplomatic missions. These diplomatic missions have increasingly be seen as sources of unwanted intruders into the region as opposed to friendly visitors.
This issue has come into greater prominence since the previous Pride Month, a celebration in which Europe takes part in and a cause the region has remained staunch in supporting. It is perhaps for these reasons that the region became a prime target for many outsiders (and even some in the region) to speak their mind on what they thought of Pride Month, the LGBTQ community and the region's positions in relation to them. Many of these outsiders espoused views and opinions that were seen by many in Europe as homophobic, transphobic, hateful and overall, simply unwanted in our region.
The numerous incidents that occurred over the course of Pride Month brought to the attention of many Europe's embassy policies and who exactly we had diplomatic missions with. If my memory serves me correctly, the regions of the United Kingdom and
the Rejected Realms seemed to be the most troublesome sources of these outside individuals, especially the latter, as far as I can recall. They are thus, in my opinion, the most likely candidates to see serious reevaluations of their respective diplomatic missions, perhaps even extending to complete closure of embassies.
With all of this being said, the poll is only an unofficial one; it will not force any official policy change. However, these are still early days in the process of settling this issue, so expect more news to come from this. I do not foresee any consequences for relations between Europe and TNP, but we will have to see where the debate around this issue leads us.
May Europe and the North Pacific prosper together!

Last edited:
Back