Pronouns
He/him
TNP Nation
Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
Acting Delegate Chipoli:
Mr Speaker,

Noting that his term expires on July 20th, I hereby appoint @Pallaith to another term as Election Commissioner.

@Skaraborg
The Acting Delegate has appointed @Pallaith to the Election Commission. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on this appointment.

Should @Chipoli wish to do so, I'd like to take this opportunity to invite them to give a brief statement in support of this appointment.

Once moved, the motion that I will be putting to vote for this confirmation is as follows:

The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Pallaith to the Election Commission.

No brainer and no questions other than what’s the state of the inquiry and how does the EC plan to prevent whatever issue occurred in May 2023 going forward?

I would ask the acting delegate what has changed since @Gorundu statement to me that he was going to change the composition of the Election Commission due to the issues from the Special Judaical Election. Furthermore, considering that despite his long history in the EC and the courts, he was the primary cause for the indictment about the clandestine communications to change the results in a completed and certified election, why should we trust there wont be more sneakiness behind the scenes?

Insinuating that Pallaith was clandestinely acting against the region's interests in regards to the execution of a fair election is completely absurd.

Additionally, attempting to use that indictment against them (the one that was never processed and almost immediately dropped due it is absurdity) is petty sour apples at best.

Insinuating that Pallaith was clandestinely acting against the region's interests in regards to the execution of a fair election is completely absurd.

Additionally, attempting to use that indictment against them (the one that was never processed and almost immediately dropped due it is absurdity) is petty sour apples at best.

"due to its absurdity"? You know why it was dropped and it wasnt because of its absurdity.

Ghost has been a faithful servant to TNP for years and to the EC. I see no reason to not keep him on it. He has only acted in the best interests of our region, did not mean any harm, and has proved over and over again he is a very competent individual and is worth trusting. There's no need to assume bad faith.

No brainer and no questions other than what’s the state of the inquiry and how does the EC plan to prevent whatever issue occurred in May 2023 going forward?

The only point I raised is that I support at least amending Section 4/Clause 7 from "six hours" to at least 24 hours, as mentioned on the thread regarding the May 2023 matter. My rationale being this would cover weekends (at least some of it) plus those not US based. Otherwise as I said before I would defer to the more senior ECs on any plans for changes.

Last edited:
Back