Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Chipoli
Discord
chipoli
del_seal.png

The Future of Cards

After discussing the matter with the executive, I have come to the conclusion that the time has come to retire the Ministry of Cards. We can all see that the state of cards in NationStates has not been great for a long time, and neither is TNP’s card resources or its collection. When cards first started they were a great opportunity for TNP to set the standard and lead the world in this area the way we did in the World Assembly. For a time it was our next big area and we set an example for many other card programs in NationStates, and we boasted the most impressive collection assembled. It grew in size and importance and over time, it earned a place in our delegate’s portfolio.

However, cards haven't passed the test of time. It diminished everywhere, not just with our card program. The Ministry of Cards today is nowhere near carrying its weight and giving it this place of significance in the cabinet hasn’t made sense for a long time. Given the lack of activity in the ministry, the enthusiasm and the opportunities to do everything we used to aren’t there anymore, especially when the same is true everywhere in the cards community. It is unfair to expect as much from our dedicated cards players as we do at the ministry’s current size, and therefore it is being suspended.

In its place, the TNP Card Guild will remain, but as it was before, a program operated by volunteers and loosely organized under the Ministry of Culture. In consultation with our cards community, I have decided to have a few individuals collectively manage the guild rather than rely on a single guildmaster. The three I have chosen to be our new guildmasters are @Rewan Demontay, @Fauzjhia, and @DGES. These are some of our best and brightest cards players that remain committed to the guild’s work. The programs and activities the ministry previously ran will continue to the extent the guild leaders can continue them, and we will continue to sponsor cards events and giveaways whenever possible. I know they can keep our guild strong and our cards players satisfied as we continue season 3 of cards. We will continue to make necessary changes to the guild as needed with their guidance. Guildmasters, please take your oaths, and good luck!

All the best,
Chipoli
Acting Delegate of The North Pacific

Well I suppose that's one way to stop losing a minister. It's a shame the government has allowed the Ministry to collapse to this point, when it was initially placed on a solid footing during my delegacy. It's all the more disappointing that our part time delegate has left what is an important announcement about our government to the Acting Delegate.

One wonders whether there's a point in the delegate coming back, to be honest.

Interesting but this raises some questions that I would like to see answered.
  • Was this a decision that was made by Delegate Gorundu or by Acting Delegate @Chipoli?
  • If this was a decision that was made by the elected Delegate, why was it not announced prior to his posting of a leave of absence?
  • How long has it been in discussion for the Ministry of Cards to be disbanded and reorganized back into its original form as the Cards Guild?

Interesting but this raises some questions that I would like to see answered.
  • Was this a decision that was made by Delegate Gorundu or by Acting Delegate @Chipoli?
  • If this was a decision that was made by the elected Delegate, why was it not announced prior to his posting of a leave of absence?
  • How long has it been in discussion for the Ministry of Cards to be disbanded and reorganized back into its original form as the Cards Guild?
1. Gorundu was supportive of disbanding the ministry or continuing it depending on feedback from cards leadership, but I made the final decision to disband the ministry after assessing the options with the cabinet. Gorundu was contacted about my decision beforehand.

2. N/A.

3. The discussion started within the past week after Gorundu brought the issue up to the cards leadership, and later on, the cabinet. I had wanted to disband the ministry, but when the absence was decided, Gorundu indicated that I could make the final decision but that he should be kept in the loop, and therefore I informed him of the decision beforehand.

If you want any further clarification, let me know.

Quite surprising that ministry reorganizations are being left to the Acting Delegate. If Gorundu brought this up in the first place and was okay with it, it's hard to believe it couldn't either be rolled out a few days ago or a week from now.

Quite surprising that ministry reorganizations are being left to the Acting Delegate. If Gorundu brought this up in the first place and was okay with it, it's hard to believe it couldn't either be rolled out a few days ago or a week from now.
I agree with what was done even if it really is kind of awful to do it this way. If Gor make the decision, I do not understand why it needed to fall to Chip to make it.

So instead of replacing one minister, you disbanded a ministry while appointing three new government officials? Sense this does not make.
I understand your concern, Sil. Why have three guildmasters when you can have only one?

Initially, I approached the cards leadership team for their opinions on who will take control of the Cards Guild. They all indicated to me that they did not have the time available to the sole leader. When I realized I was going to be unable to find one individual to take control, I proposed to them that they could split the duties among themselves, so that way when one of them was unavailable, the others would carry the load and keep the cards guild going. They preferred that idea, and that's why I went with three guildmasters instead of the typical one.

The topic of the Ministry of Cards was discussed in various venues prior to my absence. It was clear before I declared my absence that a consensus had emerged within the Executive Council on abolishing the ministry. As I explained in my declaration of absence, I’m in a distracted state right now and sorting out the details would have been probably been held up for another few days, so I appreciate Chipoli for taking on that responsibility and finalising the decision.

Back