[WITHDRAWN] Preventing Subversion of North Pacific Democracy (PSNPD) Act

Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
terra_dei_cittadini
Discord
Cylke#5219
Reading the Legal Code of the North Pacific, I took notice of a peculiar aspect: there are no penalties or procedures concerning sedition nor insurrection against the North Pacific's democratic government. Noting this region's dedication to advancing democracy each step of the way, I believe it is abnormal to lack procedures or statues preventing, penalizing, or otherwise concerning sedition and insurrection against our democratic administration.

Furthermore, a future official (e.g., Vice Delegate, Delegate, Speaker, etc.) may use their authority to internally erode the democratic system, and instigation of insurrection would be a possible method of performing such. This also corrects a grammatical error I noticed.

I now propose the following bill:
(Is there anything that could use improvement? Like, should Sec. 1.14 and 1.15 be emphasized to say such is strictly prohibited?)
Preventing Subversion of North Pacific Democracy:
The following sections shall be added to Chapter 1 of the Legal Code:
Section 1.14: Sedition
28. "Sedition" is defined as administrative speech, conduct, and/or sentiment that incites, encourages, and/or enables regional inhabitants to engage in belligerent action against The North Pacific's democratic government.
Section 1.15: Insurrection
29. "Insurrection" is defined as engagement, aid, or otherwise abetment of belligerent action against The North Pacific's democratic government.
Chapter 2 of the Legal Code is amended to read as follows:
1. Criminal acts may be punished by restrictions on basic rights, in a manner proportionate to the crime at the discretion of the Court unless specified in this chapter.
2. Treason will be punished by ejection and banning, removal from office, and removal of any basic rights for whatever duration the Court sees fit.
3. Espionage will be punished by via removal from office, restriction on standing for election, the suspension of speech and/or voting rights for whatever finite duration the Court sees fit.
4. Perjury may be punished by the suspension of voting rights, restriction on standing for election, and/or restriction on serving as a government official for whatever finite duration the Court sees fit.
5. Evidence Tampering may be punished by the removal from office, suspension of voting rights, and/or restriction on standing for election for whatever finite duration the Court sees fit.
6. Crashing, Phishing, or Spamming may be punished by ejection and banning, the removal of any and all basic rights for whatever duration the Court sees fit, and/or banning by forum administration.
7. Proxying may be punished by ejection and banning, the removal of any basic rights for whatever duration the Court sees fit, and/or banning by forum administration.
8. Adspam prohibited by the Delegate may be punished by adspam suppression and summary ejection and/or banning from the region.
9. Conspiracy will be punished by a sentence strictly less than what would be appropriate for the original crime.
10. Gross Misconduct will be punished by removal from office, and the restriction on standing for election, and suspension of voting rights for whatever finite duration the Court sees fit.
11. Sedition and Insurrection will be punished by removal from office, restriction on standing for election, and suspension of speech and voting rights; should the Court desire, ejection and banning will be administered alongside said punishment.

Last edited:
Insurrection is already covered by treason and conspiracy to commit treason. Treason is "taking arms or providing material support" for the purpose of "undermining or overthrowing the [...] government" of TNP or an ally (Legal Code chapter 1 clause 2). Meanwhile your definition is that insurrection is "engagement, aid, or otherwise abetment" of the same sort of actions against the government. "Engagement" is functionally the same as "taking arms", and "aid" is functionally the same as "providing material support". Meanwhile, "abetment" is covered by conspiracy's "planning, attempting, or helping to commit" a crime (Legal Code chapter 1 clause 24).

We used to have sedition law until the Court ruled it to be unconstitutional. However, that ruling was overturned recently in a different free speech case. That's not a comment on your bill, just something that I thought of. :n2d:

Insurrection is already covered by treason and conspiracy to commit treason. Treason is "taking arms or providing material support" for the purpose of "undermining or overthrowing the [...] government" of TNP or an ally (Legal Code chapter 1 clause 2). Meanwhile your definition is that insurrection is "engagement, aid, or otherwise abetment" of the same sort of actions against the government. "Engagement" is functionally the same as "taking arms", and "aid" is functionally the same as "providing material support". Meanwhile, "abetment" is covered by conspiracy's "planning, attempting, or helping to commit" a crime (Legal Code chapter 1 clause 24).

We used to have sedition law until the Court ruled it to be unconstitutional. However, that ruling was overturned recently in a different free speech case. That's not a comment on your bill, just something that I thought of. :n2d:
So, is my proposal null and void then?
Knowing the unconstitutional nature of my proposed bill, am I to withdraw it?
If so, what are some other issues that could be legislated on? I wish to contribute to the North Pacific's democratic process.

So, is my proposal null and void then?
Knowing the unconstitutional nature of my proposed bill, am I to withdraw it?
If so, what are some other issues that could be legislated on? I wish to contribute to the North Pacific's democratic process.
My apologies if I wasn't clear - that court ruling was overturned. Your proposal isn't void.

Back