Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
f29GpKm.png

My fellow North Pacificans,

First, I hope my relative silence compared to some of my Cabinet Ministers has not been considered remiss. As I explained to my Ministers when they first agreed to take their jobs that I hoped they would be able to speak for themselves, come up with their own ideas, and work within the bounds set on them by me. Which is to say: while I directed policy behind the scenes, as is generally my wont as I assume you all know by now, I let others do the talking necessarily for me. But I hope that has not been a sign of disengagement. I am always watching, always thinking, and ever in communication with those of you have ideas to promote the betterment, and increase the strength of, our community.

But what have I been doing to help? Well, I’ve been calling the shots. I’m proud that my Government, along with our soon to be departed Minister of Legal Affairs, has managed to lay the groundwork for the future–both in easing the path to citizenship and in introducing the legislation that will launch us into the age of frontiers. While the Government has not formally made a decision as to what form it might take, but we have the general idea set out. The Government also plans to introduce more legislation in the future, it is my sincere hope, on the issues of gameside moderation (to clarify government power) and a legislative response to continued raids on our allies, Stargate. (For those of you are worried, no, it is not a Declaration of War.) To Ghost, of course, I have a lot to appreciate–as friend, as confidante, and as stalwart advisor, thank you for the service you have rendered and best of luck on the Court.

On the Culture front, I am quite pleased with the work Fili has brought to a Ministry that had gotten pretty laggardly. I know he will have further news here in the near term that will hopefully excite and engage. Icarus has been nothing short of an absolute shining star at the Ministry of Defense. And while I know things have slowed a bit of late, I know she will continue the absolutely impressive work she has put in. Fregerson has continued to do excellent work at my first love, World Assembly Affairs, and I hope the continued development of WA talent continues apace. Caius has put a wonderful twist on things at the Home Affairs Ministry and has been a driving force behind thinking for the future in the Cabinet. I am sure that will continue. Wym has proven to be an excellent strategic thinker on the FA front, as I was sure he would and we should have exciting news on that front in the near term. Lastly, while “just” an Advisor, ROM has provided excellent advice when called upon and I am more than glad for his insights when he provides them.

However, there is one Ministry which has perhaps not lived up to my expectations as fully as I would have hoped: Cards. I want to state that I am very appreciative of Rewan’s service in Government. He served, and will continue to serve, as a cards expert with wonderful aplomb and will be a driving force behind the Cards Symposium (which is soon!). We have discussed it though and to protect the Ministry’s good work and protect from burnout, Rewan is stepping down as Minister of Cards to be replaced by a figure everyone will be familiar with–Pineappleistania/Noah. I have no doubt Noah will keep up the good work and, with a freshly acclimated pair of outside eyes, push the Ministry up to new heights.

Is everything perfect? I wouldn’t say so, but I hope that you will cherish the good work your Ministers are doing for you. And I also hope that if you wish to make a change, you seek out the opportunity to do it.

~~Hulldom

Last edited:
However, there is one Ministry which has perhaps not lived up to my expectations as fully as I would have hoped: Cards. I want to state that I am very appreciative of Rewan’s service in Government. He served, and will continue to serve, as a cards expert with wonderful aplomb and will be a driving force behind the Cards Symposium (which is soon!). We have discussed it though and to protect the Ministry’s good work and protect from burnout, Rewan is stepping down as Minister of Cards to be replaced by a figure everyone will be familiar with–Pineappleistania/Noah. I have no doubt Noah will keep up the good work and, with a freshly acclimated pair of outside eyes, push the Ministry up to new heights.

I can't really comment on the recent events that have led to your unfortunate departure, but what I will say is that, out of the things on the agenda you listed above, this right here that I've bolded was achieved ^_^

The Cards Guild + Ministry of Cards has been going through staffing issues for as long as I can remember, but even then you gave your support to us whenever it was needed. As a result, the Cards Symposium has had a record-breaking influx of participants! More than any other Card Symposium we had, our total membership count exceeded that of 120+ participants, which was even more astounding considering the fact that we had only 2 days to advertise this entire thing before it went live. And of course, the event itself had gone quite well; a tiny few bit of hiccups along the way, but people have generally enjoyed the celebrations to my knowledge - we've even have had users joining the Symposium server long after the event itself had already died down!

Long story short? We over in the Cards area of TNP have nothing but thanks for everything you've done + tried to do. If there's anything you could pride yourself on as Delegate it should be this right here. Things might have gone awry during these past few months, but don't forget the amazing accomplishments you simultaneously made during your term. We wish you only the best in any future endeavors you undertake, and once again, thank you for the services you've done in the name of TNP's card community, along with any other great things you've done outside of this field (which I'm sure is many).

tnpreach

Back