-
-
Pronouns
She/Her They/Them
TNP Nation
Vivanco
Discord
ra#9794
In accordance with the Rules of the Election Commission, Section Six, Article One, with my status of citizen of The North Pacific, I request the Election Commission at large to review the decision by the Election Supervisors @Pallaith and @Sil Dorsett in the current January 2023 Special Justice Election.

I talked to Ghost about it, and we decided that self-nomination does not constitute declaration of candidacy. We've seen others say "I nominate myself", but this is followed by "I accept my nomination." The OP has been updated.
[...]
The self-nomination was fine. They're on the nominations list. But, it wasn't a declaration of candidacy.

I would like to challenge the decision to overturn @Rae 's declaration of candidancy and not treat it as such, instead of considering it a simple nomination.

There is no proper formality for declaring themselves a candidate, other than declaring candidancy or accepting a nomination, there's no proper words to be said, and it's more than the intent rather than the way things are said.

While some people have stated they nominate themselves and then follow up by declaring their candidancy, we've also seen people simply declare they are running. There's no other motive than having the intent in running for candidate for one to nominate oneself.

The motive is clear, Rae wants to be a candidate, and has expressed such wish and desire by nominating themselves to the position. I remind, there's no clear must-say words, or method, other than the fact that it must be done within the Candidacy Declarations thread, within the period stated.

I would like for the Election Commission to overrule the decision to declare Rae's nomination as a simple nomination, and revert it back to what it was before, as the initial interpretation, of them being a candidate, for there's an innegable and indisputable fact that the intent would be to be a candidate. There's simply no reason for them to just nominate themselves. And, of course, continue the election.

I thank the Election Commission for its time.

Last edited:
With six Election Commissioners having voted, there is a majority of the Election Commission in favour of upholding the decision of the Election Supervisors. In accordance with Section 6.3 of the Rules of the Election Commission, the option that gains a majority is put into effect.

Back