Minister of Defense Appointment

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

Minister of Defense Appointment

First of all, sorry for the wait. As many of you know, staffing this very important position has been difficult, as the NPA is facing its biggest challenge in modern memory and we work hard to find a good path forward. Our leadership has been acutely affected by the reduced activity and enthusiasm that has plagued much of NS in recent months, and as I had seen when I first became delegate over five years ago, the region's military is an area where training the next generation of talent is particularly difficult, and takes more time than other areas. Unfortunately, this also means that when we get hit with times like these, that crucial training is also impacted. Just as you have been patient for this announcement, I hope that you will continue to be patient as the NPA navigates the current gamestate.

For the second time in three months, I must regrettably report the replacement of the same Minister of Defense, @Cretox . When this last happened, it was incredibly disappointing and signaled a significant loss for our region. I still believe it is both of those things, though I must confess I am a lot less sad about it this time around, given the circumstances are quite different. Cretox knew he would not be able to perform as comprehensively and effectively as the last time he served in this role, but unfortunately he was not completely forthcoming as to the extent of this limitation. He may not have been honest with himself, because despite his best wishes and his assertions, he was unable to even log on to this forum while engaged in other business, and has now vacated office.

I owe all of you an apology for bringing on someone who was not fit to serve, despite some warning and past experiences indicating this might very well be the case. The NPA has suffered enough this year that I should have known better than to put them through this. Moving forward, I will work even harder to make my expectations clear, and to resist the temptation to give someone so much benefit of the doubt that we slow down everything and cause everyone’s experience to be less than what it should be. I do not like having to make these announcements, especially when they are avoidable. I thank Cretox for what little he was able to do this term, and sincerely wish him well in whatever he is doing now and will do in the future. I hope this is instructive for him as well, and he commits only to what he is capable of doing going forward.

The NPA is fortunate to still have veterans and solid newcomers in High Command who can help guide the NPA in these tough times. It was my preference not to have to call on them, either because they are a bit too new or because they have stepped back for good reasons. These times do tend to ask more of us, and fortunately we have a long-time NPAer who is willing to step up now. I am appointing former MoD @9003 to this position now. We have established a plan for how to proceed and how to make use of his availability. The technical side of things, as well as our regional management, has been going well, and 9003 can build on the recruiting and engagement efforts he has been assisting with, especially during Cretox's recurring sudden disappearances. While he is a familiar face, he will be steering the NPA at a time when we expect it to make significant changes, in organization, in operation, and above all else, in membership. There is no more time for quick or easy solutions, or for trying the same tricks yet again and hoping they work this time. The situation with the NPA is dire, probably more so than it ever was since it was reformed. A new renewal of our military is, in my judgment, the only way to get out of this. Expect significant changes to the NPA in the weeks to come. And join me in welcoming and thanking 9003 for agreeing to step up when this may be the most thankless time to lead the NPA, and when pressure is certainly ratcheted up to its highest level in years. We will do our best to get through it, and delver you the finest military in NS once again.

9003 is an excellent choice to lead the NPA going forward and I look forward to continuing to work with him in the NPA.

Back